You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:07 am

I noticed this when i was reading the article from whoscored.com about Lewa's possible move to Bayern Munich:
As a collective, Bayern have missed 12 clear-cut chances in the Bundesliga this term, and only Hoffenheim (16) have missed more. Their toothlessness in front of goal this term is further accentuated in that this season Bayern's conversion rate stands at 10.9%, a drop from 16.1% last season and their lowest in any of the last 5 campaigns. While the German outfit boasts an abundance of attacking talent, a player of Lewandowski’s ruthlessness in front of goal would significantly benefit the team.

Even though Bayern has been playing outstanding football i still think they miss way to many chances, like in the Man C game Bayern almost paid the price for missing the numerous chances earlier in the game...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:10 am

Didn't we face the same problem in the early stages of the previous season? or did my memory fail me? (really can't remember 100%) xD
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby runaway » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:13 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I noticed this when i was reading the article from whoscored.com about Lewa's possible move to Bayern Munich:
As a collective, Bayern have missed 12 clear-cut chances in the Bundesliga this term, and only Hoffenheim (16) have missed more. Their toothlessness in front of goal this term is further accentuated in that this season Bayern's conversion rate stands at 10.9%, a drop from 16.1% last season and their lowest in any of the last 5 campaigns. While the German outfit boasts an abundance of attacking talent, a player of Lewandowski’s ruthlessness in front of goal would significantly benefit the team.

Even though Bayern has been playing outstanding football i still think they miss way to many chances, like in the Man C game Bayern almost paid the price for missing the numerous chances earlier in the game...

I hope that Mandzu flourishes with Lewa's arrival. He was on fire last season with his competition with Gomez. Yes, we really need to be ruthless in goal and score as much as we can.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 am

My main issue is that if the players are going to get complacent like they did vs Man C in the last 5 to 10 minutes they better make sure they are up 4 or 5 goals so last minutes chances dont make much of a difference

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:18 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:We are not copying Barca...nor did we copy Dortmund last season.

But Bayern did, didn't they? Bayern IS Barça II, a fully working tiki-taka extra high resolution copy of the original. Nothing less, nothing more. It is, after all, an absolute world we live in isn't it?
A either "you are with me or you don't" 9/11 revolutionized planet where things are either black or white. No grey areas, no new colors either. There are no tactics, no styles, no development; it is a fully complete package together with the instruction manual.

A world where the aggravated cries foul for seeing his patented invention copied on a game vs Hamburg or a Pokal defeat and the verdict is a FC China title. It does make it easier to understand, doesn't it? It explains a lot of things simply with a catchy phrase; it appeases the fans crying for more.

Barça II. Bayern II, FC China. It is the same, isn't it? A necessary denomination. It alleviates the realization of a change in the status quo by merely masking the fact that this team is better than the best Bayern, Dortmund and Barça ever; titles notwithstanding.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 pm

^ drunk, high or simply feeling poetic? :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm

rather just making a pretty good point.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 pm

MUTU wrote:^ drunk, high or simply feeling poetic? :)

LOL. Even if I jokingly say yes to all three, I would still be getting the tripple wouldn't I? Nah, it took me a while to write that. Doesn't make much sense 'cause I had to take a lot of text out that explains every sentence. Short version is, people hate situations alien to football. Most of the time it relates to pride and prejudice, a law a 1000 years old and still unbreakable.
tflags

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm

"At Bayern Munich, there is no talk of tiki-taka. It's simply not how we think or play as a club", Dante told Radio COPE.

"Of course, we try to have as much possession of the ball to make sure we control every match. But Pep is a smart coach, and he is willing to adapt to our style of play and meet a compromise", the Brazilian defender added. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I noticed this when i was reading the article from whoscored.com about Lewa's possible move to Bayern Munich:

Too many stats... It becomes irrelevant in Football.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:46 pm

lau03143 wrote:

Too many stats... It becomes irrelevant in Football.

I do agree with your point but it has been pretty clear that Bayern have lacked quality in the finishing department so this statistic has some meaning

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:13 am

So now people will say we are copying stoke city? lol. #-o

unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm

MUTU wrote:
"At Bayern Munich, there is no talk of tiki-taka. It's simply not how we think or play as a club", Dante told Radio COPE.

"Of course, we try to have as much possession of the ball to make sure we control every match. But Pep is a smart coach, and he is willing to adapt to our style of play and meet a compromise", the Brazilian defender added. [source]

Compromise is good. I like compromise. :)

Also, I believe I read somewhere yesterday that Bayern have the highest average possession so far this season. It is interesting considering the post above. We're the best at everything. :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:12 pm

I just think the Arcade music is funny

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby quaazi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 pm

We play more of a taka takata than tiki taka. :P

Yes, I was just looking for an excuse to post the song.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion