You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 am

Nah it'll be one of Mandzukic or Lewandowski on the bench. Unfair, but it's Lewa's problem for moving. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 am

At the moment things at Bayern Munich seem pretty damn good if i do say so myself but im just curious to hear some views on certain subjects about Bayern's line up. Kroos has become as untouchable as Ribery imo, Muller had a great showing as the "false 9", Gotze is starting to regain his fitness, Javi Martinez will probably be back with the squad after the international break, and Thiago is due back early November so my question for you guys is what is your preferred line up? Personally i prefer:

Before Thiago got hurt he showed a lot of promise and i feel like when he is healthy a midfield triangle of Thiago, Schweinstiger and Kroos will be dominating Europe for years but I am yet to see a fully fit Gotze so im still on the fence about this. I feel like since Muller hasnt really shined centrally and currently Robben is way to good to bench, Muller should play as the CF as he has shown vs Man C he is more clinical and just as hard working as Mandzukic.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:13 am

I have always wanted to move Mueller up front.
False 7,9,10; all at the same time. Combined with the midfield we have, there should be enough games were everyone and enough combinations. Plus some youth players would get a few lucky runs.

This all brings me to my earlier reasoning for not wanting Lewa. :|
Mueller's had one decent game earlier and one excellent game. Given time he could be liberated into something else.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby kod2600 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:31 pm

We made a couple of good passes and suddenly some kids saying we're copying Barcelona. God damn it...
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Muller has had invisible performances in that position too, not only good ones. By all means give him his chances there (without forgetting about Mandzukic who at the moment is a better option), and if he can impress more than Mandzu, he'll get it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Muller has had invisible performances in that position too, not only good ones. By all means give him his chances there (without forgetting about Mandzukic who at the moment is a better option), and if he can impress more than Mandzu, he'll get it.

Yep, he's probably more effective their against a higher calibre team.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby panzer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 pm

kod2600 wrote:We made a couple of good passes and suddenly some kids saying we're copying Barcelona. God damn it...

Yes, i am a kid who am 31 years old. This is not only a simple passing. Why we don't say PSG plays like Barca. They'd passed more than us. Our passing organisation looks like Barca. Same football tactics, same passing, same tiki-taka. Second Barca is created by Pep. This hurts me. I think the scores are more important for you, but not for me. Ok, you can support and watch the Barca.. Ohh sorry Bayern (!).
panzer
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Muller has had invisible performances in that position too, not only good ones. By all means give him his chances there (without forgetting about Mandzukic who at the moment is a better option), and if he can impress more than Mandzu, he'll get it.

That is a bit unfair. He's been great as a box player outside of the Bundesliga where single results matter. In the Bundesliga teams have been more defensive and counter attacking. This is why I believe he's been doing brilliantly at scoring in the Pokal and the CL and not so in the league.

Panzer wrote:<-- EDITED... Our passing organisation looks like Barca. Same football tactics, same passing, same tiki-taka. Second Barca is created by Pep. This hurts me. I think the scores are more important for you, but not for me. Ok, you can support and watch the Barca.. Ohh sorry Bayern (!).

So basically you want Bayern to go back and copy Dortmund?
Last edited by tflags on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tflags

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

tflags wrote:
kod2600 wrote:Our passing organisation looks like Barca. Same football tactics, same passing, same tiki-taka. Second Barca is created by Pep. This hurts me. I think the scores are more important for you, but not for me. Ok, you can support and watch the Barca.. Ohh sorry Bayern (!).

So basically you want Bayern to go back and copy Dortmund?

Your quoting kod2600 when panzer said that :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Hey tflags! You have done a mistake there. :P
It was panzer's post and now you've put the blame on kod2600. :lol:

EDIT : Firefox came to the rescue before me. :D
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Great. Now Kod2600 is gonna want to KO me 2600 thousand times.
tflags

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

tflags wrote:Great. Now Kod2600 is gonna want to KO me 2600 thousand times.

KO in D 2600 times. :P

You missed the D. Also, I guess 2600 thousand would be too much. :P
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:15 pm

We are not copying Barca...nor did we copy Dortmund last season.

Jupp was smart enough to realize our strenght and we mixed it with some things that were better fit to us.

Yes we did copy some transition football from Dortmund. But we mixed it with our possession football that LVG brought us. And it made us unvincible...too good for everyone else.

Now Guardiola is again mixing that transition play, possession, pressing etc....nothing to be afraid of.

There is no way we could play the same as Barca did...Pep is not stupid. He knows those players were playing together since they were 6-7 years old and they only know how to play that kind of brand of football. If he played long balls and defended they wouldnt be as good as they were. What I want to say is that he used their best strenghts because he knew that was the best chance to win something.

He is doing the same to us...but using our strengsts. Believe it or not..our players are used to play possession football and to pass the ball around...we got that from LVG...in last few years we were only 2nd to barca...that is a fact. Even last season when we played that beautiful football and won everything we were 2nd best in possession. So it is not much different now with Pep...it is not like we played long balls like Stocke City and now is all Barca.

Our play evolved...everyone can see that...but we are still playing long balls [when there is chance] which means we use our aerial strenght. Barca never did that.

We still do counter when we have space....and still play possession football. Our flanks are still the best in the world.

Our defensive record is still great as we concede less goals than any team in the world.

Dont get me wrong...I loved the way we played last season...it was really too good. But I also loved the way we played against City. It was not "Barca" style...it is our own Bayern style but with some Pep magic.

When Barca was at the top of their game...they were really great and played amazing football...sometimes boring...and as much as I hated them and their Tiki-taka...I couldnt deny that it was beautful at times.

We dont have to be afraid of playing that Tiki-Taka because our players can mix 3 or 4 different tactics in 90 minutes and that is why Guardiola wont force something if he knows he has something better in his hands.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Well said sch0ll7, i like how i dont see Bayern emit that flashy style of play that Pep had with Barca. Probably only Kroos, Ribery, and Robben i would consider flashy players. To me it looks like im watching athletic beasts pass the ball around so smoothly and calmly while keeping that grit and German steel/discipline is still very much evident in the play style.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:49 pm

tflags :(

haha. Keep calm, I won't KO anyone :p

And sch0ll7, I couldn't have said it any better. Well said. =D>
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion