You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

F*ck the message. Grammar, spelling and composition are reaching new heights. =D>
tflags

Postby SchwanMunich » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 pm

tflags wrote:F*ck the message. Grammar, spelling and composition are reaching new heights. =D>

Hahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:35 am

I thought this was a very interesting point:
AssemFCB wrote:One thing I feel the 4-1-4-1 will benefit Bayern in is Schweinsteiger's absence. Having one anchorman with a set role means it's not a catastrophe if Martinez plays there without Schweinsteiger around.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:57 am

Y'know... for all the talk about Pep's defensive frailty, we've only conceded 2 goals in 5 games so far in the league... and one of those was an own goal.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:59 am

quaazi wrote:Y'know... for all the talk about Pep's defensive frailty, we've only conceded 2 goals in 5 games so far in the league... and one of those was an own goal.

The hardest period before Christmas is coming up now. We'll see how they get on.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Mathias Sammer wrote:"We have to get going," the 46-year-old fumed in an interview with Bild.

"It's so lethargic and it cannot go on. We need to get out of the comfort zone.

"In the last 14 months we have earned five titles. Franck Ribery is European Footballer of the Year and maybe he'll even get the Ballon d’Or.

"This the rosy impression. And I do not like. We need to think about about a few things and the basic elements of emotion and passion. We emotionalize nothing. We put the leg-work in, but that's not enough.

"We're back to zero, we have a new coach. Every day it goes: Pep here, Pep there, Pep up, Pep down. And then we know it so well that we all start saying: 'Oh man, we have a bit less responsibility - it's all him.' And we hide."

Sammer's words pretty much sum up what some of us have been trying to say. Most of Bayern's problems with adjusting to the new system have originated from individual errors or lack of finishing. I wish i saw the Hannover game yesterday but i didnt so i cant give anymore of an analysis than this....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 am

Firefox1234 wrote:The second goal was hardly a counter attack, Lahm, Boateng, and even Martinez were poorly positioned letting Hazard just walk in the ball for a goal...

Your animated GIF image doesn't show Hazard receiving the pass whilst being in an offside position. :wink:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 am

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:The second goal was hardly a counter attack, Lahm, Boateng, and even Martinez were poorly positioned letting Hazard just walk in the ball for a goal...

Your animated GIF image doesn't show Hazard receiving the pass whilst being in an offside position. :wink:

I understood he was offside but the defenders still had enough time to deal with it a lot better....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Your animated GIF image doesn't show Hazard receiving the pass whilst being in an offside position. :wink:

I understood he was offside but the defenders still had enough time to deal with it a lot better....

This. The goal being offside means that Mou had no right to complain about the loss and the referees. It is no excuse for our defending.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Fair enough.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I understood he was offside but the defenders still had enough time to deal with it a lot better....

Quite on the contrary. They didn't have time to deal with it. A high-up-the-pitch defense against a between-the-lines pass or run is quite deadly. No time to position yourself, turn, block or even charge.

This is why teams from Chelsea to Freiburg are getting posts or goals from the scarce chances they get.
tflags

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:48 pm

tflags wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I understood he was offside but the defenders still had enough time to deal with it a lot better....

Quite on the contrary. They didn't have time to deal with it. A high-up-the-pitch defense against a between-the-lines pass or run is quite deadly. No time to position yourself, turn, block or even charge.

This is why teams from Chelsea to Freiburg are getting posts or goals from the scarce chances they get.

Well i guess we can agree to disagree cause i feel like Hazard's goal could/should have been defended :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Regarding the Schweini-Martinez-Thiago issue going on in Schweini's thread right now (I'm drunk, which is pretty much the only time I'll acutally avoid going off-topic) - I think playing Martinez as a centerback under Pep's rule is not actually as big of a waste of his talent as one might think.

Seriously, give it a thought - we know that Pep needs a full trio of creative midfielders in his midfield pyramid (and don't you deny me that Lahm is a superbly creative passer). That's a reasonable enough excuse to drop Martinez deeper to the centerback position, BUT! But as Pep likes to have his deepest midfielder drop between the centerbacks to form a three-man defense a la Biscuits at Barca, Martinez' experience in a three-man defense at Bilbao might be the perfect fit.

Of course, one could still say that Martinez should be the fellow dropping deep and Boateng-Holger/Dante being the outermost centerbacks, but I'm here to defend Pep as not being a complete lunatic. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 pm

In the past week or so, I’ve missed dropping in to Bayern Forum to see what the news and views are, because I’ve been away on holiday (in Cornwall). There have been some great wins in that period, all of which I managed to watch at some point.

I have been thinking that Pep’s situation at the moment can described as neither “an injury crisis”, on the one hand, nor as “optimal”, on the other hand. He has a few star players out injured, but Bayern’s strength in depth is so good that the team keeps winning just the same, so it isn’t an injury crisis. And although he keeps winning, the missing stars are still a major part of his plans, so the formation and selection of players may still not be what he’d regard as optimal. It is maybe best described as “sub-optimal”. And when managers are in such situations, it is very hard for anyone to predict what they’ll do with players and formations in the next part of the season. Bayern, I think, is still in quite a state of flux just now.

Players: Many players have had long enough to demonstrate how well they can play under Guardiola’s tactics, and it would seem as if, for example, Boateng and Kroos have mastered this, while Mueller is still struggling. Will Guardiola swap such players for returning players – in these cases Boateng for Martinez, or Kroos for Alcantara or Goetze? The preferred first XI that we, and perhaps Guardiola too, would have guessed at the start of the season may no longer be the preferred first XI. It is an interesting time. I’m keen to see who will be regarded as having played well enough to hold a starting position in the big games.

Formations: Guardiola played 4-2-3-1 at times, and some people (elsewhere) claimed that Guardiola had seen his mistake and was moving from 4-1-4-1. I’m far from convinced. 4-3-2-1 was played partly out of necessity, caused by the injury situation, but 4-1-4-1, perhaps with a shuttle player moving constantly between the double-six and double-eight positions, is looking better with each game. I’d imagine that Guardiola believes that his players can master it and, with a fuller squad, will have it nearly perfected in a few more months. Time will tell.

At any rate, the pressure on players to keep giving 100% is very high, and that should translate into results. I’m beginning to think that there could be some silverware even in this season.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Can polls be set up in threads here? If so, and if nobody has set it up in some other thread already, could we have a poll on which player we think will play most of the season in the lone holding midfielder role? (Assumes voters think 4-1-4-1 will be the formation for the majority of the season.) The options, in alphabetical order, could be:
- Alcantara
- Kirchhoff
- Kroos
- Lahm
- Martinez
- Schweinsteiger

Edit: If it can't be done on Bayern Forum, and if it were of interest to others, I'd consider running a monthly survey of 4-6 questions on all things Bayern, using something like SurveyMonkey and linking it to Bayern Forum (and only to Bayern Forum). But please do indicate an interest now: like this post/comment/PM me. If only 2-3 are interested it wouldn't be worth trying it at all.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion