You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Der Bomber wrote:Schweinsteiger never played a lone DM role before & he hasn't always been the great tackler that he is today, he learned it with time as a CM so I don't doubt that he will/would eventually be a good lone DM, he just has to get used to the position & what to do in genereal in different situations. Javi Martinez is a solid player at that position but he doesn't have the offensive talent that Schweini has & Pep seems to be trying to find the combination with the most potent attack with the least possible defense without being unstable in the back.

Heynckes's 4-2-3-1 (well Van Gaal's) didn't work well at all until he found the balance with his players & tactics for it so it's WAY too early to say that his 4-1-4-1 doesn't work, he hasn't even came close to perfecting it yet. People expect Pep to be successful right away since Heynckes just won the treble with that club but he wouldn't be a good coach if he just came in & didn't change anything & just try to win as much as possible by just coming in & copying everything that his predecessor did heck, I could do that myself.

And it's odd to say that his tactics don't work when he just won 5-1 & 3-1 against Monchengladbach which is the club that is usually giving Bayern the hardest time on the pitch aside from Dortmund.

I feel like Pep right now is turning the the attack and defense settings on Bayern Munich, but he wants to know how for he can turn it to the attack side without it comprimising the defense and im sure once he gets the likes of Thiago and Gotze back it should become much clearer to him. Atm i think he needs to take to down a knotch :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Der Bomber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 pm

It did look shaky at times in the back yesterday but ultimately BMG didn't score a goal so I am not too worried about it, it's the first BL match with a new coach/tactics & with players not 100% fit, I know Schweini wasn't fully fit yesterday so that probably had a part to play in his performance as a lone DM.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Der Bomber wrote:Schweinsteiger never played a lone DM role before

Never is not exactly the word I would use.

& he hasn't always been the great tackler that he is today, he learned it with time as a CM

'In time' are not exactly the words I would use there either. He excelled at DM practically overnight.

genereal ... Heynckes's ... Van Gaal's

:wink:

it's WAY too early to say that his 4-1-4-1 doesn't work,

Actually, I think it is right about time. Dortmund has shown that you can have a VERY good season, and still finish second. Every game counts.

he hasn't even came close to perfecting it yet. People expect Pep to be successful right away since Heynckes just won the treble

On that thought, he SHOULD be successful overnight, given the fact that he was successful overnight with his former team and they didn't even picked up half the trophies Bayern did the season before he took over.

And it's odd to say that his tactics don't work when he just won 5-1 & 3-1 against Monchengladbach which is the club that is usually giving Bayern the hardest time on the pitch aside from Dortmund.

Or you could argue that the scoreline should have been higher, given the fact that they could not even beat a third division team the match before.
tflags

Postby Der Bomber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:01 am

I guess we'll agree to disagree on a few things here.. I remember Schweinsteiger not being a great tackler and having patchy seasons as a DM & as far as I have seen, he started becoming effective the season that they lost to Chelsea but got a collarbone injury which has set him back in that season.. And aside from a friendly perhaps...? I don't remember him playing lone DM at all.

And as for Pep, we'll discuss that further into the season because yes he has been successful with Barca real quick because he didn't change the system too much, he implemented his ideas & players into the existing system that is pretty much engrained into anyone who comes out of La Masia as opposed to with Bayern where he's changing quite a few things and I think that logically it takes time for everyone, coach & players to get used to it.

And as for the fact that they couldn't beat a third division side, well every club has it's off days.. Bate beat bayern 3-1 im sure you remember, does that mean that other clubs in our way that same CL campaign should've scored more goals on us?
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Okay after todays friendly things seemed to have gotten much more complicated. Gotze was a beast and showed why Bayern spent €37m on him and he hasnt played in over 5 months. He probably needs a couple games before he is 90mins fit but i think he is that last bit of quality i feel Bayern are lacking in the final third as of late.

This in my opinion is Pep's line up but I don't know if Pep will bench Thiago and Muller hasnt been to succesful as a CF as of late but since he is more versatile than Mandzu i think he would be better their than as a CM.

If Muller's poor form continues and Robben continues to shine then i can see this being the go to formation....

But my ideal formation will always be Martinez as a DM and the only reason Muller isnt in is cause im basing this of the last game performance....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree with your ideal formation. It's worth a shot at least.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:57 am

Judging from Guardiola's comments and experiments, coupled with how players have performed, I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola played the following:
Neuer - Lahm Martinez Boateng Alaba - Kirchoff - Robben Alcantara or Schweinsteiger Kroos Ribery - Goetze.

Alcantara would play in games Bayern should easily dominate and Schweinsteiger would move between CM and double-pivot in games where fast counters and more pressure on the Bayern defence is expected.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Badger wrote:Judging from Guardiola's comments and experiments, coupled with how players have performed, I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola played the following:
Neuer - Lahm Martinez Boateng Alaba - Kirchoff - Robben Alcantara or Schweinsteiger Kroos Ribery - Goetze.

Alcantara would play in games Bayern should easily dominate and Schweinsteiger would move between CM and double-pivot in games where fast counters and more pressure on the Bayern defence is expected.

Well it may not be my ideal formation but its better than having Schweinstiger playin as a DM in my opinion. It would be hard to bench Muller but at the moment Robben is on fire....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I agree. I wouldn't say that it is my ideal either. I'm trying to second-guess what conclusions Guardiola is forming and what we may see in the next matches. One thing I haven't factored in is players returning from international duty, and that may override many other factors for the Frankfurt game.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I wonder who's the new number 2 penalty taker after Alaba? Don't know if Mueller will make it again after two consecutive misses. Anyone care to predict a comeback for Robben?
tflags

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:28 pm

tflags wrote:I wonder who's the new number 2 penalty taker after Alaba? Don't know if Mueller will make it again after two consecutive misses. Anyone care to predict a comeback for Robben?

I think it should be rotated among 5-6 players, so that opponents' goalkeepers can't predict much about it, and so that those players are partly prepared for duty if a cup tie goes to penalties.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Der Bomber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah a rotation to keep it unpredictable is ideal in my opinion, let's just hope that they don't play rock paper scissors to know who will take it! :P
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Badger wrote:I agree. I wouldn't say that it is my ideal either. I'm trying to second-guess what conclusions Guardiola is forming and what we may see in the next matches. One thing I haven't factored in is players returning from international duty, and that may override many other factors for the Frankfurt game.

Yea i like the thought of that, at the moment i cant say i trust any single player to take the PK job full time which is said for a team that just won a treble.

By the way welcome to the forum, your posts so far have been stellar! :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby scaPEPgoat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello all, this is my first post.
I wanted to weigh in on the pk taker...I think all teams should use a rotation for the above mentioned reasons. But why does Kroos never take PKs? I know he was scared and apparently refused to take one against Chelsea but it seems to me he has the skills to hit the ball with pace and accuracy and should be a good fit for pks? Anyone know why he never takes them? TK for PK!
And I pray to god Robben never gets the role back.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I think Muller will keep the role, Alaba will remain second choice, and then Schweinsteiger or Robben.

Dunno about Gotze though. He could be the number one taker. Is he any good in penalties?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion