You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Yeah, in one interview he said that he doesn't like the name Schweini. He'd rather be called Basti instead.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Oh, the times when we had Basti (Schweinsteiger) and Basti Fantasti (Deisler)!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Off topic :lol: :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Guardiola tried 3-4-3 with Barça and it was great in some games (especially against average teams) but it also failed against counter attacking teams like Valencia. They got easily countered on Dani Alves wing and almost every counter attack was a clear goal chance

We have much better defence than Barça at that time but I'm not sure if it would work. And the problem with this is that every game played poorly by this team will bring a lot of criticism by the media and a lot of glory hunters in this forum will ask for Pep's head.

So basically Pep needs to win every match even if he is trying new things for the team
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Guardiola tried 3-4-3 with Barça and it was great in some games (especially against average teams) but it also failed against counter attacking teams like Valencia. They got easily countered on Dani Alves wing and almost every counter attack was a clear goal chance

We have much better defence than Barça at that time but I'm not sure if it would work. And the problem with this is that every game played poorly by this team will bring a lot of criticism by the media and a lot of glory hunters in this forum will ask for Pep's head.

So basically Pep needs to win every match even if he is trying new things for the team

This sounds similar to the Kroos/Schweinstiger double pivot experimentation that Jupp used. After a while it was clear that couldnt work against stronger teams and eventually after a treble of second places Jupp changed things and made the necessary adjustments im sure Pep will do the same, but it may take a couple debilitating loses(lets hope not).....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Guardiola tried 3-4-3 with Barça and it was great in some games (especially against average teams) but it also failed against counter attacking teams like Valencia. They got easily countered on Dani Alves wing and almost every counter attack was a clear goal chance

This has been the absolulte truth in almost every Bayern forum & football websites and the season hasn't even started yet! #-o
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:10 am

Der Bomber wrote:

This has been the absolulte truth in almost every Bayern forum & football websites and the season hasn't even started yet! #-o

Tbh i pray that Pep gets it right early cause the glory hunters will be ready to send him to the gallows as soon as they get the smallest excuse. Its convenient how many Bayern fans have forgot how long it took Jupp to get his tactics right when they are criticizing Pep. [-X #-o

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:

Tbh i pray that Pep gets it right early cause the glory hunters will be ready to send him to the gallows as soon as they get the smallest excuse. Its convenient how many Bayern fans have forgot how long it took Jupp to get his tactics right when they are criticizing Pep. [-X #-o

Exactly.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby runaway » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:41 am

That's why I think Bayern can do it much better. Alaba and Lahm are more intelligent fullbacks than Barca's and don't just rampage on the wings willy-nilly. Also, the great partnership of the players in the wings is big plus. 343 for me, requires very intelligent footballers and great chemistry. In all honesty, I just want to see Martinez-Schweinsteiger and the current 4141, Pep doesn't seem to need Martinez. :twisted:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby SchwanMunich » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 am

They haven't forgotten how long it took Jupp, they're just used to seeing an amazing Bayern team with an unstoppable 4-2-3-1 formation. Jupp has already figured out the proper tactics, we all saw that last year with our performances. I think the reason some people are complaining is because it seems like Pep is trying to fix something that isn't broken. I am curious to see what Pep is going to do. I sincerely hope he does amazing things and that he is super successful because I love Bayern, I think any real fan feels that way. However, I can't say that I am not fully perplexed at the changes he has already made. With that being said, I will trust him to get the job done because of his pedigree and successes. Then again, what other choice do I have :) :lol:
For all I know, we may even be better this year and only time will tell.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:11 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:They haven't forgotten how long it took Jupp, they're just used to seeing an amazing Bayern team with an unstoppable 4-2-3-1 formation. Jupp has already figured out the proper tactics, we all saw that last year with our performances. I think the reason some people are complaining is because it seems like Pep is trying to fix something that isn't broken. I am curious to see what Pep is going to do. I sincerely hope he does amazing things and that he is super successful because I love Bayern, I think any real fan feels that way. However, I can't say that I am not fully perplexed at the changes he has already made. With that being said, I will trust him to get the job done because of his pedigree and successes. Then again, what other choice do I have :) :lol:

Exactly. Pep is under more pressure to succeed than any other coach we've had. Prior to this season, we hadn't been successful since 2010. That did put pressure on Jupp, but let's face it, if he had won just the Bundesliga it would have been considered successful. With Pep it is different. Jupp has set the bar high for him.

I am sure that he will be successful, but I am expecting a slow start. I don't think we'll see Bayern at full strength until January. The defence is what I'm worried about and I don't think we'll be seeing defending as good as last season under Pep. That might not be a big problem. The defensive problems at Barca did not stop Guardiola from succeeding, even if they stopped Vilanova. But it is worrying.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
SchwanMunich wrote:They haven't forgotten how long it took Jupp, they're just used to seeing an amazing Bayern team with an unstoppable 4-2-3-1 formation. Jupp has already figured out the proper tactics, we all saw that last year with our performances. I think the reason some people are complaining is because it seems like Pep is trying to fix something that isn't broken. I am curious to see what Pep is going to do. I sincerely hope he does amazing things and that he is super successful because I love Bayern, I think any real fan feels that way. However, I can't say that I am not fully perplexed at the changes he has already made. With that being said, I will trust him to get the job done because of his pedigree and successes. Then again, what other choice do I have :) :lol:

Exactly. Pep is under more pressure to succeed than any other coach we've had. Prior to this season, we hadn't been successful since 2010. That did put pressure on Jupp, but let's face it, if he had won just the Bundesliga it would have been considered successful. With Pep it is different. Jupp has set the bar high for him.

I am sure that he will be successful, but I am expecting a slow start. I don't think we'll see Bayern at full strength until January. The defence is what I'm worried about and I don't think we'll be seeing defending as good as last season under Pep. That might not be a big problem. The defensive problems at Barca did not stop Guardiola from succeeding, even if they stopped Vilanova. But it is worrying.

Agreed! Atm i think the only thing Pep has to address is the defensive side of the ball, offensively things dont look that different in my eyes. It will take some adjusting because its unreasonable to think Bayern will win a treble every year but as long as the performances are up to par and at the very least a domestic double or a UCL title is won i can call it a successful season.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 am

Senor Pep forget about this 4-1-4-1 of yours and if you want to have something diff then our beloved JH go for this 4-3-3

Or Muller as CF instead of Mandzu and Gotze or Robben as RF
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Senor Pep forget about this 4-1-4-1 of yours and if you want to have something diff then our beloved JH go for this 4-3-3

Or Muller as CF instead of Mandzu and Gotze or Robben as RF

The real issue is that midfield it has no steel core! Yesterday i saw Schweinstiger make some pathetic tackles when Bayern were being hit on the counter! If that was versus a better team i swear he would be sent off before the half! Ill give this formations some time because even Jupp needed time to get his shit right....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Der Bomber » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Schweinsteiger never played a lone DM role before & he hasn't always been the great tackler that he is today, he learned it with time as a CM so I don't doubt that he will/would eventually be a good lone DM, he just has to get used to the position & what to do in genereal in different situations. Javi Martinez is a solid player at that position but he doesn't have the offensive talent that Schweini has & Pep seems to be trying to find the combination with the most potent attack with the least possible defense without being unstable in the back.

Heynckes's 4-2-3-1 (well Van Gaal's) didn't work well at all until he found the balance with his players & tactics for it so it's WAY too early to say that his 4-1-4-1 doesn't work, he hasn't even came close to perfecting it yet. People expect Pep to be successful right away since Heynckes just won the treble with that club but he wouldn't be a good coach if he just came in & didn't change anything & just try to win as much as possible by just coming in & copying everything that his predecessor did heck, I could do that myself.

And it's odd to say that his tactics don't work when he just won 5-1 & 3-1 against Monchengladbach which is the club that is usually giving Bayern the hardest time on the pitch aside from Dortmund.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion