You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm

JJJ wrote:**** Thiago, KROOS!

Subs and ready to step in along Robben & Shaqiri
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 am

In my opinion Martinez and Schweinstiger are must starts in the midfield triangle in Pep's 433/4141 because Thiago and Kroos in my opinion get bullied to easily as a duo and need some time to mature. Until Thiago/Kroos partnership proves solid enough I think this is the best line up:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby the12th » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 am

what we saw against Man-City was bayern trying to play like barca, and being awful at it. i really don't get why would a coach want to change so much in a successful team, unless the coach is suffering from some kind of inferiority complex and needs to build a whole team from the scratch. for first 65 minutes we were dreadful, playing boring barca style, and even though we had 72% ball possession, we were not effective.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

First, I want to say that I'm no expert in football. But I just had a thought... Why don't Pep try a 352 variation (actually it's more 343 like Wigan uses) as our starting formation? For me Martinez' contribution to the team is huge and he should play and not at the expense of playing Thiago.

Here's how it might look:
Image or Image

We saw last game how Alaba and Lahm plays so high when we are attacking. And we know that they can track back quickly in defense. But in football, a team doesn't just play one formation and it can change when playing. In defense, we can easily move 4 at the back while Martinez goes up in midfield to either form a 433, 4231, or 4141.

Martinez and Schweinsteiger is the heart of our midfield and contributed so much on our success last season so I don't understand why we wouldn't use it again. :| Mandzukic can replace Muller and Muller move the the right wing. Does Thiago and Kroos bring different things at the table? They're both good passers and attackers but their defense leaves much to be desired so I don't want to pair them together. Pep's plan on Gotze is what I'm interested in. Is he really going to be the false 9 or another midfield option...

Too many midfielders. :crazy:

The new season is so close and I'm praying we can succeed the hurdle that's named Pep. :wink:

Edited to use a different way to show the formation :wink:
Last edited by runaway on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:40 am

We pretty much DO play that in our 4-1-4-1 when in possession already. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby the12th » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 am

runaway wrote:First, I want to say that I'm no expert in football. But I just had a thought... Why don't Pep try a 352 variation (actually it's more 343 like Wigan uses) as our starting formation? For me Martinez' contribution to the team is huge and he should play and not at the expense of playing Thiago.

Here's how it might look:

We saw last game how Alaba and Lahm plays so high when we are attacking. And we know that they can track back quickly in defense.

But in football, a team doesn't just play one formation and it can change when playing. In defense, we can easily move 4 at the back while Martinez goes up in midfield to either form a 433, 4231, or 4141.

Another interesting formation is Fiorentina's. Which I think can suit Bayern and Pep's vision...

Martinez and Schweinsteiger is the heart of our midfield and contributed so much on our success last season so I don't understand why we wouldn't use it again. :|

The new season is so close and I'm praying we can succeed the hurdle that's named Pep. :wink:

in a way, the formation you propose is lot like the one we used in from 98 through 2001. the old was more defense orientated, where the new one will be attacking. i like it, but i think for that formation to work, team needs a pure number 9, at least mandzu.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm

the12th wrote:in a way, the formation you propose is lot like the one we used in from 98 through 2001. the old was more defense orientated, where the new one will be attacking. i like it, but i think for that formation to work, team needs a pure number 9, at least mandzu.

The high line in what we're working now really worries me. 2 CBs and one pivot. Schweinstiger is great but a sweeper like Martinez might be a better shield when the opposing team counter attacks. I think this formation will be very flexible in attack and basing on how we played so far, the midfielders and attackers are roaming so what would be better is if our players improve on finishing (ahem Robben :wink: ). This formation can play short-passing as well as long balls or rampaging wing-backs like Wigan (damn that team played some exciting football last season too bad they're relegated)...
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 pm

runaway wrote: but a sweeper like Martinez might be a better shield when the opposing team counter attacks.

Watch the Audi Cup final vs City. You might change your mind.
tflags

Postby AdepT » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:31 pm

The thing is Martinez isn't pacey enough neither is Dante nor Schweini. 4-1-4-1 needs at least one from the CBs and lone CDM to be very quick if not lightning quick. Physicality's needed too. Thiago falls short on both fronts. This is where Boa's role has become very important. And he should definitely be playing. Boa or Marti is the question now? And based on last year's performances Marti trumps it because he performed better. Then again they occupy different positions on the pitch.

We were always vulnerable when playing with Kroos-Schweini pair as our pivots in last to last season. Kroos surely isn't a defensive player. Maybe 20%.
So when we switch from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 for the support we track back to our earlier used formation with Schweini and Kroos/Thiago pivots which has failed utterly against counterattacking teams.
Now, even though Schweini is an exceptional CM, he can't handle the lone DM role by himself as he is also more offensive than defensive. This system requires an out and out DM. Someone who'll shield the back four(rather two) perfectly. That is why Marti or Gusta should play there. And Schweini should be moved up and play with Kroos/(Someone else) in the front '4' line. So that occasional switches to 4-2-3-1 would be better.

I think nobody would deny the fact that buying Thiago has imbalanced a perfect squad. We already had very good players to execute 4-1-4-1.
To give more playing time to him/Shaqiri/Kroos/Mueller, Pep's playing people out of their natural place. After all he can't bench Schweini and even Martinez. And in accommodating them into the team, he's completely ignored that he has CBs that are better than a makeshift option. At Barca, he fell short of it when Puyol was injured hence the Mascherano shift. But here nothing of kind has occurred and we are better off than Barca in defense.

I'm hoping Pep figures out something because the defense is frail and even a blind man can see it with his eyes closed(It's that obvious :| ).
And this is what I hope he should finally arrive at :

-------------------------Neuer----------------------------
Lahm-------Boa/Kirchoff-----Dante/DvB--------Alaba
-----------------------Marti/Gusta-----------------------
--------Kroos/Thiago---------Schweini/Thiago--------
Mueller/Robben-------------------------Ribery/Shaqiri
-------------------Mandzukic/Goetze--------------------

1. Interchange Mueller/Goetze if not playing false 9.

Everyone will get enough games to play. Everything appears to be balanced. For the brilliant mind Pep has, I hope he at least gives this line-up an experimental run.
The truth is sometimes you overlook simple things and ignore the answer that is right in front of you. You tend to complicate things, try to arrive at the solution by taking the difficult road. As good as it feels then, you have missed out on a simple solution. I've come to regret such choices(during my studies) later, I hope Pep doesn't.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:44 pm

AdepT wrote:-------------------------Neuer----------------------------
Lahm-------Boa/Kirchoff-----Dante/DvB--------Alaba
-----------------------Marti/Gusta-----------------------
--------Kroos/Thiago---------Schweini/Thiago--------
Mueller/Robben-------------------------Ribery/Shaqiri
-------------------Mandzukic/Goetze--------------------

This has always been my ideal line up but Schwein and Pep have probably discussed where he will play and Schwein has stated numerous times he prefers to play as a #6 and Martinez has so far not made any qualms about playing as a CB. So until things go wrong(im hoping they wont) i dont think Pep will stray away from. But on the bright side Pep seems to have recognized this is a a good fall back since its similar to the 4231 we used with Jupp since it has Schwein and Javi in the midfield so all is not lost....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Firefox, for the 100 time please stop saying Schwein :(
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

MoFattal wrote:Firefox, for the 100 time please stop saying Schwein :(

The difference between Schwein and Schweini is the same as the difference between Pig and Piggy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Well, Basti also said that he doesn't like being called Schweini ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, Basti also said that he doesn't like being called Schweini ;)

Really? Never heard this.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Well, Basti also said that he doesn't like being called Schweini ;)

Really? Never heard this.

yup, he did. Like a couple years ago.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion