You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Ibra, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho have something in common that Pep doesn't have any tolerance and thats a bad attitude. Pep likes team players and those guys are known to be very individualistic. Cause when you think about it Eto'o was and would be a great striker in his system, he is quick, agile, and not a big lumbering forward but his attitude problems had been a problem so he shipped him off and stayed with a team player like Messi.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Ibra, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho have something in common that Pep doesn't have any tolerance and thats a bad attitude. Pep likes team players and those guys are known to be very individualistic. Cause when you think about it Eto'o was and would be a great striker in his system, he is quick, agile, and not a big lumbering forward but his attitude problems had been a problem so he shipped him off and stayed with a team player like Messi.

The above mentioned players remind me of someone ... :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Ibra, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho have something in common that Pep doesn't have any tolerance and thats a bad attitude. Pep likes team players and those guys are known to be very individualistic. Cause when you think about it Eto'o was and would be a great striker in his system, he is quick, agile, and not a big lumbering forward but his attitude problems had been a problem so he shipped him off and stayed with a team player like Messi.

Exactly, and after all Ibra was signed in his time, so it's not like he's not interested in the typical striker.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SchwanMunich » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Exactly, and after all Ibra was signed in his time, so it's not like he's not interested in the typical striker.

Very true, but let's face it Ibra is twice the player either of our 2 main strikers are. And if he (Pep) doesn't tolerate a bad attitude then it looks like Robbem will be out the door.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

From what I have been reading, Guardiola's standards go well beyond the pitch. Micro-management details like the tension on the boot laces to more serious stuff like the minimum hours of sleep to general rules of conduct for the players are just a small part of the 'non-negotiable' requirements he will implement. Remember, this is a guy who holds General van Gaal in very high esteem. The contrast with 'good cop' Heynckes will be a deep one if not a shocking one.
tflags

Postby quaazi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 pm

tflags wrote:Micro-management details like the tension on the boot laces

that sounds a bit like Klinsi instead to be honest.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 pm

I agree Pep's expectations do extend beyond the pitch and the players i mentioned above were great players but had several off pitch issues. I admire how he likes disciplined players but i feel he can sometimes be stubborn and say its his way or the highway.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Cause when you think about it Eto'o was and would be a great striker in his system, he is quick, agile, and not a big lumbering forward but his attitude problems had been a problem so he shipped him off

Much to his dismay (and ours) the next year ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:Very true, but let's face it Ibra is twice the player either of our 2 main strikers are. And if he (Pep) doesn't tolerate a bad attitude then it looks like Robbem will be out the door.

Just my opinion but I don't consider Ibra better than an in-form Gomez.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SchwanMunich » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm

I can respect that. I think of Gomez as the typical poacher. To me, Ibra is a world class striker who can do it all. Gomez relies on others to score, whereas Ibra can create his own chances. Ibra is also great at creating chances for others too, and I think it's safe to say he is definitely more of a complete player. To me, that's why I see Ibra as the better player.

That doesn't mean I don't value Gomez or what he does. I'm not sure Ibra would work out well on this bayern team. This team definitely needs someone to put the ball away and that's exactly what Gomez does.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

A lovely matrix showing our defensive dominance this season:

MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby SchwanMunich » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 am

I like that matrix. Bayern really have been dominant defensively. I hope that we don't hit a bad patch at some point and that we can keep it up for the rest of the season...if the players keep fighting for each other then I think we can finish out the season like this.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Chalant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 am

Its correct in a lot of places, just bayern belongs more to the right than it is in that Matrix. Spot on about Dortmund though, Hummels falters ONE TIME, and it's 1-0 to Bayern. I didnt expect Bilbao to be hit that hard, they're the worst defence in europe it seems.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby appudds » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 pm

MoFattal wrote:A lovely matrix showing our defensive dominance this season:

That looks similar to a SWOT analysis :)
Great analysis

Coming to formations,
I think we should implement this lineup when we face the very best in CL.
We have only DvB (not confident with him against the big teams) and I feel its better to use Martinez there.
............................................Neuer................................................
.....Lahm.....................Dante...............Martinez....................Alaba........
.....................................Kroos.........Schweinsteiger.............................
.......Robben.............................Mueller.............................Ribery..........
........................................Gomez/Mandzukic......................................
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Where is Gustavo?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion