You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re:2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AdepT » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 pm

kod2600 wrote:I remember Hones (not sure if it's Hones) saying that the rotation shouldn't include ALL the players and should be used on 4 or 5 positions. or at least rotate those 5 position more often than others (I assume he meant that)

You remember correctly. But it's Hoeness not Hones. #-o

And he is correct in saying so. There must always be a core of players who play regularly meaning more than often. Lahm/Schweini/Neuer/Dante/Martinez/Alaba/Ribery fall into the category and I guess it'll remain and it definitely should remain that way for the season ahead. I'm not saying all matches probably somewhere in the region of 70-75%. Ribery's, Mandzukic's and Mueller's time could be reduced this year to give more opportunity to Shaq/Gotze/Thiago.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 718 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:26 pm

What if I told you it's uli hoeneß? :p :p jk

But I agree with him too, it will give the team more stability and better chemistry throughout the season. For example: Neuer, Lahm, Dante, Schweinsteiger and Ribery shouldn't be included in the rotation (just an example)

Except for Cup matches, he will go for Starke I guess and other major differences. Jupp did it anyway.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
User avatar
kod2600
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Palestine
National Flag:
Palestine
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 1054 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:54 pm

AdepT wrote:
kod2600 wrote:I remember Hones (not sure if it's Hones) saying that the rotation shouldn't include ALL the players and should be used on 4 or 5 positions. or at least rotate those 5 position more often than others (I assume he meant that)

You remember correctly. But it's Hoeness not Hones. #-o

And he is correct in saying so. There must always be a core of players who play regularly meaning more than often. Lahm/Schweini/Neuer/Dante/Martinez/Alaba/Ribery fall into the category and I guess it'll remain and it definitely should remain that way for the season ahead. I'm not saying all matches probably somewhere in the region of 70-75%. Ribery's, Mandzukic's and Mueller's time could be reduced this year to give more opportunity to Shaq/Gotze/Thiago.


With so many midfielder I don't know if Schwein and Martinez are included.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18484
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5861 times
Been thanked: 4457 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Pretty decent video on Pep's tactics with Bayern Munich....

http://vimeo.com/71062176
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18484
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5861 times
Been thanked: 4457 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys think that Starke will play in every DFB Pokal game? Just like Guardiola did with Pinto when he was at Barça


Always wanted this. I hope so.
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
Has thanked: 2182 times
Been thanked: 1720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:26 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Except for Cup matches, he will go for Starke I guess and other major differences. Jupp did it anyway.


One thing is rotating Neuer in some DFB Pokal games and a very different thing is playing Starke in EVERY DFB Pokal game including semis and the final :)
MaCk0y wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys think that Starke will play in every DFB Pokal game? Just like Guardiola did with Pinto when he was at Barça


Always wanted this. I hope so.


I think it's fair and it's very good for Starke's motivation but I'm not sure if I like it at all :)
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12194
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3655 times
Been thanked: 3722 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby kod2600 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 am

YlonenXabi wrote:One thing is rotating Neuer in some DFB Pokal games and a very different thing is playing Starke in EVERY DFB Pokal game including semis and the final



You're right. I'm not sure about playing Starke in EVERY cup match. "assuming a cup final vs. Dortmund for example"
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
User avatar
kod2600
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Palestine
National Flag:
Palestine
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 1054 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 am

I would have complete faith in Starke.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
User avatar
lau03143
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
National Flag:
Scotland
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 490 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:00 am

I wouldn't mind playing Starke against any German team except for Dortmund, even if it's a final.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39509
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13179 times
Been thanked: 10394 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby RedNax » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:00 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys think that Starke will play in every DFB Pokal game? Just like Guardiola did with Pinto when he was at Barça


No, I don't think Starke will play in every Pokal game.

Most likely, Pep will manage the GK position just like Heynckes did. 5th to 2nd tier teams will be dealt with our #22 and Bundesliga teams with our #1
User avatar
RedNax
Hey, I'm new here!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Pep Guardiola Tactics vs. Barcelona

Postby counterpressing » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Check out my video analysis of the Bayern Munich vs. Barcelona friendly. I analyze Pep Guardiola's tactics with Bayern.
counterpressing
First post
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:48 am

Noahfcb2 wrote:Hope he goes back to tried and trusted 4-2-3-1 with Schweinsteiger-Martinez/Gustavo duo in central midfield, Dante in defence please [-o<


Imo i dont think he needs to go back to the drawing board he just has to make a few tweaks in his system, its clear Thiago is not a defensive mid since their was no link between the defence and midfield. It was like looking at a black stain on a white short you just knew their was something missing. And Mandzu doesnt play well when acting as a false 9 since he is not as flexible. Imo he should be a super sub option if Bayern need that extra muscle in the box instead of Pep having to sub in Dante and play him as a forward. We are yet to see how well this system works when Schweinstiger, Martinez or Gustavo are playing the the lone DMs. It could prove to be useful when a physical presence is in the midfield as an anchor and Muller and Shaqiri shouldnt not be playing centrally in a 4-1-4-1 since they both looked as lost and made many bad decisions just like Ribery was when he played their. Muller and Shaqiri are wingers and can only work when they are kissing that touch line and have freedom to roam across both wings. Also i think it would be best to play Schweinstiger as a CM to provide some extra cover in the midfield cause atm i dont think Thiago and Kroos are enough and need some time to develop . My preferred line up would be this:


I think with Schweinstiger in the their is more of a physical presence in the midfield so BvB dont overrun us again on the counter like we saw recently. I would take out Mandzukic at this point cause atm i think Pep likes his forwards to be able to change roles and be comfortable anywhere in the front three and from what i saw Mandzukic looked very uncomfortable playing wide as often as he did. Also this allows Robben to freely roam across the pitch cause it not like he is forcing any out of their comfort zone like he was with Mandzukic. Lets hope Martinez and Gustavo are fit soon cause i assume that Pep knew all this but was probably forced to choose between an unfit or even injured Schwein/Gus/Martinez or risk playing Thiago as a DM......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18484
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5861 times
Been thanked: 4457 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Noahfcb2 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Noahfcb2 wrote:Hope he goes back to tried and trusted 4-2-3-1 with Schweinsteiger-Martinez/Gustavo duo in central midfield, Dante in defence please [-o<


Imo i dont think he needs to go back to the drawing board he just has to make a few tweaks in his system, its clear Thiago is not a defensive mid since their was no link between the defence and midfield. It was like looking at a black stain on a white short you just knew their was something missing. And Mandzu doesnt play well when acting as a false 9 since he is not as flexible. Imo he should be a super sub option if Bayern need that extra muscle in the box instead of Pep having to sub in Dante and play him as a forward. We are yet to see how well this system works when Schweinstiger, Martinez or Gustavo are playing the the lone DMs. It could prove to be useful when a physical presence is in the midfield as an anchor and Muller and Shaqiri shouldnt not be playing centrally in a 4-1-4-1 since they both looked as lost and made many bad decisions just like Ribery was when he played their. Muller and Shaqiri are wingers and can only work when they are kissing that touch line and have freedom to roam across both wings. Also i think it would be best to play Schweinstiger as a CM to provide some extra cover in the midfield cause atm i dont think Thiago and Kroos are enough and need some time to develop . My preferred line up would be this:


I think with Schweinstiger in the their is more of a physical presence in the midfield so BvB dont overrun us again on the counter like we saw recently. I would take out Mandzukic at this point cause atm i think Pep likes his forwards to be able to change roles and be comfortable anywhere in the front three and from what i saw Mandzukic looked very uncomfortable playing wide as often as he did. Also this allows Robben to freely roam across the pitch cause it not like he is forcing any out of their comfort zone like he was with Mandzukic. Lets hope Martinez and Gustavo are fit soon cause i assume that Pep knew all this but was probably forced to choose between an unfit or even injured Schwein/Gus/Martinez or risk playing Thiago as a DM......

still looks funny :-k just feel more familiar with 4-2-3-1, but let's hope the team figures it out. I just feel like Pep is trying too hard #-o . Hopefully with a Dante, Ribery, Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Gustavo and Gotze coming back over the next few weeks all should be good for start of Bundesliga/Pokal/CL [-o< .
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 am

Noahfcb2 wrote:still looks funny :-k just feel more familiar with 4-2-3-1, but let's hope the team figures it out. I just feel like Pep is trying too hard #-o . Hopefully with a Dante, Ribery, Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Gustavo and Gotze coming back over the next few weeks all should be good for start of Bundesliga/Pokal/CL [-o< .


I see your concerns but i just feel its too early to rule it out especially since some key components were missing from it. Its like saying a car is a useless invention but all it lacks is the engine or battery to get it working correctly and thats exactly how i feel about this new formation it just needs that power source and it should be working correctly. Worst possible scenario is that it doesnt work and Bayern switch back to a 4-2-3-1, since Bayern are pretty flexible it wouldnt be such a harsh transition.....

Btw i include subs in my preferred formation:
Image
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18484
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5861 times
Been thanked: 4457 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby huknife » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:31 am

This is not the first time a team who thinks they can keep the ball and win the game has lost, while the team that plays 2 DM's and plays on the hard counter has won against such a team, and it won't be the last time this happens.
User avatar
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Maldives
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests