You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Chalant wrote:
kod2600 wrote:I remember the days where if one of the players is injured, I'd have to go myself to fill his place due to the lack of depth in the squad. Now we're concerned about the 3rd sub in each position...

Im concerned about the overloading of players. I dont deny that they have skill, it's just we are not doing them justice. And we sold Gomez when we should have sold someone like Gustavo.

What r u smoking? Selling Gustavo would mean Can would be the only back up DM and he is nowhere ready for such a role. Hojbjerg has pretty much overtaken him as Bayern's next big thing....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Chalant » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
What r u smoking? Selling Gustavo would mean Can would be the only back up DM and he is nowhere ready for such a role. Hojbjerg has pretty much overtaken him as Bayern's next big thing....

If our formation is going to change to 4-1-4-1,which is looking likely, Gustavo is not needed anymore. Also, Thiago can play there.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Chalant wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

If our formation is going to change to 4-1-4-1,which is looking likely, Gustavo is not needed anymore. Also, Thiago can play there.

First of all you need a lone DM to play in a 4-1-4-1 and if Martinez plays there a back up will be needed and that at the moment looks to be Gustavo. You cant expect Martinez to be able to go all season there especially in UCL games where he could pick up yellows and get suspended. Second Thiago is not a DM, he only played there since Martinez, Gustavo, Schwein, and Can were unavailable/deemed unfit. I don't know why people think Thiago is a DM all of a sudden....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Chalant » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:First of all you need a lone DM to play in a 4-1-4-1 and if Martinez plays there a back up will be needed and that at the moment looks to be Gustavo. You cant expect Martinez to be able to go all season there especially in UCL games where he could pick up yellows and get suspended. Second Thiago is not a DM, he only played there since Martinez, Gustavo, Schwein, and Can were unavailable/deemed unfit. I don't know why people think Thiago is a DM all of a sudden....

He can play in that position, not saying he is a DM. Kroos is more preferable in that position though.

For now it's good, but they wont stay injured forever, will they. Martinez as primary DM, Schweinsteiger as DM/AM, and then Thiago or Kroos. Can is the last option. I see no depth problem here.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:12 pm

I see no reason to sell a quality player like Gustavo and risk playing people out of position. Gustavo is the perfect back for Martinez and a much better destroyer than Schwein. Also Bayern would be very fragile defensively if Kroos or Thiago were forced to play DM....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:36 pm

When you have players that are (DM) and then you have players that "can" play as (DM) it would be unwise to let the real DMs go (in our case Gustavo). Gustavo is more of a DM than Bastian and Kroos and Thiago ever was and he should play the role he played after he came back from injury last season, and he did well. What I'm concerned about is that Gustavo won't like this role, and let's face it, a player of his caliber can easily secure a starting spot in an another big team, which will help him maintain his spot in Brazil in the World Cup.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Hmmm...this males things a little clearer right?

Schweinsteiger targets No.6 role

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4142127

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

REALLY now... Schweini is part this team's soul.
If Pep doesn't play Schweini/Müller/Lahm/Ribery I go to the training ground and punch his bald head myself!
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Tedesco wrote:REALLY now... Schweini is part this team's soul.
If Pep doesn't play Schweini/Müller/Lahm/Ribery I go to the training ground and punch his bald head myself!

Sammer has already said their will be no starting XIs in this Bayern squad and everyone will have to fight for a spot so i think we should expect the unexpected at this point cause in the end only the best will play in the end and who can say whether thats Schwein or not. Javi or Gustavo may end up being better DMs pushing him forward but Thaigo/Kroos may overtake him. Personally im not gonna go in expecting anything risking getting disappointed....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Tedesco wrote:REALLY now... Schweini is part this team's soul.

Sammer has already said their will be no starting XIs in this Bayern squad and everyone will have to fight for a spot so i think we should expect the unexpected at this point cause in the end only the best will play in the end and who can say whether thats Schwein or not. Javi or Gustavo may end up being better DMs pushing him forward but Thaigo/Kroos may overtake him. Personally im not gonna go in expecting anything risking getting disappointed....

I know, I understand and I agree.

The thing is that as for - now - Schweini needs to be frequent starting. I am not saying all games, but a majority.
I really look forward to someone step up and play even better than Schweini for more games. Bayern can only gain from this.

Anyway... I can't hold the excitement for this season.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Im assuming Pep may try to accomodate to Schwein's words and since Javi was open about no caring where he plays it looks like Bayern will look like this:

Hopefully everything works out on the defensive side of the ball cause i fear Bayern could be at risk on counters.....
Last edited by Firefox1234 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

For me that is also the ideal formation. Just Dante instead of Boateng.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:48 pm

i think we should to these two systems - 4-3-3

or 4-2-3-1
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 am

Do you guys think that Starke will play in every DFB Pokal game? Just like Guardiola did with Pinto when he was at Barça
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Sammer said everyone will have to fight for a starting spot, and I remember Hones (not sure if it's Hones) saying that the rotation shouldn't include ALL the players and should be used on 4 or 5 positions. or at least rotate those 5 position more often than others (I assume he meant that)
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion