You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Monsignor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Guardiola's false 10 thingy is gonna take some getting used to, all the players are accustomed to playing with a classic striker up front.
My Fantasy Bundesliga team:

http://www.fantasybundes.com
Monsignor
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Monsignor wrote:Guardiola's false 10 thingy is gonna take some getting used to, all the players are accustomed to playing with a classic striker up front.

Actually when you think about it i think Bayern is used to playing with a striker who plays that sort of role. Mandzukic is always praised for his work rate and how he links well with the midfield and that sounds like the same role a false 9 striker would play. So in my opinion i think Bayern will not find it hard to adjust since Mandzu already plays like he is a false 9.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:43 am

I agree with firefox on this one. Mandzukic kinda had that role in an indirect way. In some matches he would come back and play the role of CM, sometimes you could see him on the wings. Yeah I think it was like that.
Yesterday in the Hamburg match, we played very well but that match and even the whole Telekom cup is not a a measurement.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Monsignor » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Monsignor wrote:Guardiola's false 10 thingy is gonna take some getting used to, all the players are accustomed to playing with a classic striker up front.

Actually when you think about it i think Bayern is used to playing with a striker who plays that sort of role. Mandzukic is always praised for his work rate and how he links well with the midfield and that sounds like the same role a false 9 striker would play. So in my opinion i think Bayern will not find it hard to adjust since Mandzu already plays like he is a false 9.....

True, but I do think Guardiola is used to centering his team not only on the work rate but on the creativity and vision of the false 9, just think he's used to having none other than Leo Messi in that role.

I think Bayern will have some problems keeping control against opponents who try to pressure them across the pitch, but we'll see.

Monsignor
Getting the hang of it

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Just look at the last 2 games against BL teams. EVERY player can score.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Keep in mind as well that both Ribbery and Robben are almost only pure attacking players. For me when they are on the pitch than its a 4-3-3 any way
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:09 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Image

???

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ChaN » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 pm

After seeing Muller's performance recently ( too early to judge, well aware of that ), I can say that he might be playing in the centre foward position with gotze going to the right wing position. I think the new first team+back up formation should be something like this

Neuer

Lahm ... Martinez/Boateng ... Badstuber/Dante ... Alaba

Schweinsteiger/Thiago ... Martinez/Thiago

Gotze ... Kroos ... Ribery

Muller

Bench: Starke, (Either pair of the CBs in the aforementioned line up), probably Thiago for most of the time, Shaqiri, Robben, Mandzukic

Thiago would back both Bastian and Martinez up. I believe he would eventually replace Bastian in the future as the latter retires from football. Or Kroos could move deeper and Thiago would move forward. After watching Bayern for around two seasons and Germany for around 8 years, I strongly agree with certain group of fans that both Bayern and Germany are too reliant on Bastian. So it is really wise for them to get Thiago to back him up at Bayern. As for the NT, well, they have Gundogan to do the job. This is going to be a mouth-watering season :D
It's all about football.
ChaN
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm

I think Thiago and Robben will be starters with Kroos and probably Boateng on the bench. But we will play so many games this season, so we will see a lot from Kroos, Shaq, Mandzukic...
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:01 am

I remember the days where if one of the players is injured, I'd have to go myself to fill his place due to the lack of depth in the squad. Now we're concerned about the 3rd sub in each position...
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 am

Monsignor wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

True, but I do think Guardiola is used to centering his team not only on the work rate but on the creativity and vision of the false 9, just think he's used to having none other than Leo Messi in that role.

I think Bayern will have some problems keeping control against opponents who try to pressure them across the pitch, but we'll see.

RE fantasybundesliga...
Anyone else playing it? I just opened an account and formed a team...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Monsignor » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RE fantasybundesliga...

I'm pretty new to this forum so I wouldn't know, maybe we should set up a topic and create a league?

Monsignor
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Monsignor wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
RE fantasybundesliga...

I'm pretty new to this forum so I wouldn't know, maybe we should set up a topic and create a league?

Move conversation to this thread....

https://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=232192#p232192

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Chalant » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:56 pm

kod2600 wrote:I remember the days where if one of the players is injured, I'd have to go myself to fill his place due to the lack of depth in the squad. Now we're concerned about the 3rd sub in each position...

Im concerned about the overloading of players. I dont deny that they have skill, it's just we are not doing them justice. And we sold Gomez when we should have sold someone like Gustavo.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion