You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Fénix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:58 am

4-3-3 false 9. ](*,)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:04 pm

It would be a monstrously creative team for sure. I'm not sold at all that we need all that creativity, but whatever, I have full faith in Pep.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm just going to throw this out there:

EDIT: Vote for me as the successor to Pep! :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Commodore would probably tell you that it's roughly what a 4-2-3-1 would look at times like in an attack anyway. :P
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 pm

To balance out all this Pep crap, here's my vision of FC Bayern Stoke.

Behold it in its marvellous glory!

Of course the entire team is built around van Buyten up front. Mandzukic will elbow people in the face whenever possible. Robben is a compromise due to his crossing ability, but he will need to spend at least three months in the gym before. Also possibly grow a foot (meters are continental devilry). Gustavo and Martinez in the middle is self-explanatory, although all transfer efforts must be concentrated on convincing Mark van Bommel to come out of retirement. Schweinsteiger will delight all by playing the Beckham role. Alaba is a weak link on the left side because he is extremely short at 5 foot 11. Kirchhoff will orchestrate the defense, Dante's job is to grow his 'fro even bigger to present a larger aerial threat. Boateng replaces the overrated and way, WAY too short Lahm who must be sold as quickly as possible. Starke edges out Neuer in goal by virtue of being just ever so slightly taller.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:07 pm

What, no Neuer in defence?!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 pm

If he were left footed, he'd take over Alaba's spot. But at the time being, he couldn't cross from leftback enough times, and that is just madness.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Rauntšik » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 pm

I don't see Bayern's main squad without Robben :(
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Chalant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

[formation]Neuer-Lahm,Kirchhoff,Dante/Boa,Alaba-Schweinsteiger,Martinez-Ribery,Gotze,Robben-Mandzukic/Muller[/formation]

Muller is more suited to the false 9 role than Gotze. Mandzukic for all the other times. Also I see Dante's influence slightly declining this season.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Achilles wrote:Can somebody describe me the situation if Thiago comes? System,possible position? Schweinsteiger replacement? deep lying playmaker?
I heard rumours about 4-1-4-1 with Javi as a sweeper at "1"
It's too compicated,Pep doesn't speak,Thiago is coming despite that he knows he will have the same playing time he had at Barca.

The best solution I have in my mind is that Thiago will be Bastian's alter ego because of his ankle injury and because everytime we miss Bastian we are totally out of control in the midfield,if this is what Pep & Sammer thinking,this transfer is a bargain.

To be honest i think the only one who knows what Pep is gonna do is only Pep but these are some formations i think he might impliment...

This is my preferred formation and Thiago can get a super sub role and i feel like Martinez would be the perfect/best candidate to play as a lone midfielder letting Schweinstiger and Kroos roam freely. Gotze, Muller, and Ribery could easily interchange up front as both can play as a CF/false 9 and virtually play on either wing

I heard rumors that Pep told Thiago that he plans on playing him next to Kroos in the midfield and if Pep plans to give Thiago the playing time he wants this may be how things look but personally i rather not waster Martinez at CB.....

Imo i think Schweinstiger may be slowly fazed out in favor of Thiago if he shows improvement because i dont think Kroos will get benched since he is definitely seen as the future by the board and with his contract set to expire in 2015 he needs to be convinced to stay....

If Thiago is Schweinstiger's successor then this is the likely formation we will see in the future and if the rumors of Pep telling Thiago he has plans for him to pair with Kroos in his team this is the future....

The one player who will may be unhappy no matter what step is taken is Gustavo, because either way he is sitting behind Martinez and i wouldn't be surprised if he leaves either on 2015 or before. Martinez should stay as a DM because he has proven he is one of the best in the world and it would interfere with the likes of Boateng(whose contract expires on 2015) and Kirchhoff.

Future wise i think the most important thing for Pep to do is to play Kroos even if it means benching Schweinstiger cause imo Kroos is the future of Bayern and Germany. Dont hate me for this but if Bayern get Thiago I would rather risk not signing Schweinstiger to an extension than not being able to sign Kroos to a long term deal. Im not saying Kroos is better than Schweinstiger atm but Kroos can/will overtake Scwhweinstiger not just for Bayern but also for Germany.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:53 pm

I hate you now Firefox! #-o :evil:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:24 pm

AdepT wrote:I hate you now Firefox! #-o :evil:

At the moment there seems to be a trend at Bayern first the board found younger replacement for Robbery in Gotze and Shaqiri and i feel like the Thiago transfer is finding a replacement for Schweinstiger and i wont be surprised if(dare i say) Lahm's replacement to be coming in soon....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Now I hate you even more! :evil:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
AdepT wrote:I hate you now Firefox! #-o :evil:

At the moment there seems to be a trend at Bayern first the board found younger replacement for Robbery in Gotze and Shaqiri and i feel like the Thiago transfer is finding a replacement for Schweinstiger and i wont be surprised if(dare i say) Lahm's replacement to be coming in soon....

I cannot picture FC Bayer without Lahm & Schweinsteiger ! Sad will be the day when they will not form part of this team anymore :(
Although I believe that either both or one of them can become today's Hoeness, KHR & Sammer...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 pm

I, personally, really like the idea of Müller as the nominally central player in the front trident, but considering the context (Pep chose between Neymar and Götze apparently) I don't think Götze was brought in as a playmaker on the flank.

It's a really intriguing question - how is the front trident going to look like? Ribery is really the only certainty, and even then his position is unclear. Pep's false nine formations require at least inside forward (if not two) around the false nine on the flanks. If we assume, that Götze is indeed going to fulfill that role (which seems likely), then we'll have the two-footed Ribery on the left and (this is the big question mark) either the left footed Robben or the right footed Müller on the other flank. Shaqiri can rotate where needed. In this context, Robben would make sense as the proto-false nine, switching positions with Götze whenever possible as Messi did with Eto'o in 08-09. But on the other hand, with the versatility provided by Ribery on the left coupled with the fact that we've been somewhat left-heavy for a few seasons now, it's not unlikely that the "close" partnership will be Ribery-Götze instead (which could also explain why Pep was interested whether or not Ribery could play centrally, as he'd be required to when combining with Götze). That would leave Müller with more space on the other flank, something that he and Lahm could ruthlessly exploit.

And of course, the real answer could be that Pep won't pick either and instead will use whichever one when appropriate. Or some third option altogether.

Another small thing - before the Thiago question I really thought that Ribery would take over the Iniesta role in the middle of the 4-3-3. That would leave an attacking trident of Götze-Müller-Robben which I think could work quite superbly. But either I'm wrong or Ribery outright refused to be positioned in the middle, prompting Pep to rekindle his interest in Thiago. Schweinsteiger, after all, is very different from the Barca Xavi-Iniesta duo. Kroos-Thiago/Ribery is much more in the ballpark. But all this is assuming his plan is to emulate his strategy at Barcelona, which might not be the case.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion