You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:56 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes that's what I meant. Last season we didn't worry too much because we had Luiz Gustavo when Martinez was still adapting to the team. But now both will miss a key part of the pre-season with our new coach ! :twisted:

We still have Can :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:28 pm

We have Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Højbjerg...

I'm not worried.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

And Kirchhoff.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Hence my "..." at the end. I wasn't spelling him out, because he's new and will have to settle first. But yeah, Kirchhoff, too.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby panzer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:50 am

I hope, we don't play like Barca. I don't want to see tiki-taka in Bayern. I don't like Barca's football. We are not Barca, we are Bayern. I hope Guardiola not forget it. If we play like Barca, then everybody will say Bayern has been like Barca's second team. We have to have own system. Which coach comes Bayern, he tries to adapt own system. If Bayern big and top team, then Bayern has to have own system. Where is the Bayern's legend ? Why our legends don't coach Bayern ? Why Bayern always tend the Spanish and Dutch coaches ?
If we like Barca, then why i watch Bayern matches. I go to watch Barca's matches and i be Barca fan.
panzer
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:13 am

panzer wrote:I hope, we don't play like Barca. I don't want to see tiki-taka in Bayern. I don't like Barca's football. We are not Barca, we are Bayern. I hope Guardiola not forget it. If we play like Barca, then everybody will say Bayern has been like Barca's second team. We have to have own system. Which coach comes Bayern, he tries to adapt own system. If Bayern big and top team, then Bayern has to have own system. Where is the Bayern's legend ? Why our legends don't coach Bayern ? Why Bayern always tend the Spanish and Dutch coaches ?
If we like Barca, then why i watch Bayern matches. I go to watch Barca's matches and i be Barca fan.

Did you like miss the interview he gave this Monday? #-o
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Bazi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Bazi wrote:Depends on our system but it's a possibility for sure since he's that kind of CM with a lot of creativity and a hard work rate.

A lot will also depend on Martínez' role under Guardiola. Will he be a CB or a CDM? If he drops deeper into the back-four then we don't have a CDM aside from Gustavo and Can. Rode can't fill that spot.

We still know too little about Guardiola's plans.

Yikes! I would vomit the day i see Martinez lined up as a CB in a starting XI when Dante, DvB, Boa, and Kirchkoff are healthy. Martinez and Schweinstiger are the best midfield duo in Europe and possibly the world, im confident Pep sees that and isnt to interested in disrupting that unless he is 100%(not 99.9%) but 100% sure what he has as an alternative works just as good cause as soon as he changes things and the results dont show the world will be on his case. But in my opinion if Gustavo is happy then i see no problem....

Continued from the Luíz Gustavo thread:

I don't get the hate for Martínez as CB. While Dante didn't have a great ending of the last season with a couple of almost costly blunders against BMG and BVB I feel that he'll be our LCB next season with Badstuber out of the picture. However Boateng could play on his spot, too.

For the RCB position:

Daniel van Buyten is just a depth player at his age. An international old-hand for situations when he is needed.

Jan Kirchhoff is a completely unwritten piece of paper at Bayern München. He might succeed or turn into a total flop who leaves after one season.

Jérome Boateng had excellent and bad periods last season but he also has to finally perform consistently. Plus I don't think he's that great (read: not world-class) as an all-around package. His defensive header is mediocre at best and his decision making is not always perfect so while he had a successful CL final over all, Lewandowski still managed to get away from him twice and we wouldn't be talking so kindly about Boateng had the Pole used those chances.

In 2011/12 I remember watching the entire 90 minutes of Athlétic Bilbao versus Manchester United at Old Trafford and Javi Martínez was world class as a CB and the pillar of Bielsa's defensive line. What he did was not only the work of a CB but also of a Beckenbaueresque player who marched into CM, pushed the rest of his teammates upfield and opened the game 50-55 meters away from his own goal.

He can excel like that at Bayern for us. Don't be so tactically inflexible guys. Martínez could be a CDM next to Schweinsteiger in buildup and drop deeper into defense as a switch-CB. There are tons of possibilities especially when Guardiola will make us even more possession orientated than Heynckes. I expect possession stats pretty close to the van Gaal era in 2013/14.

Gustavo on the other hand is a lot of things but not tactically flexible. Yes I think he could be a victim of Guardiola's plans.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

There are a lot of small things - how Bielsa used a 3-man defense often, how Martinez was often pushed to CB due to personnel crisis' - but the real point is that Martinez is simply so, so much better in midfield. The higher he plays, the quicker we regain possession thanks to him, don't think Pep doesn't value that (under Jupp, he was often playing ahead of Schweini for that specific reason, while the latter was the man to drop deep during buildup). Really, pulling Martinez would only make sense if Boateng's development stopped completely, Badstuber would have no hope of regaining his pre-injury form once he returns, Kirchhoff would flop as hard as Petersen and van Buyten succumbed to age. All this season. I can see like two of those things happening, tops, no more.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 am

I dont know how seriously i should take this report but it says Pep is looking to change Bayern from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-4-1 among other minor changes. Personally i feel that's not much of a change since Bayern played that numerous times under Pep.....
Two weeks into his reign as Bayern Munich coach, Pep Guardiola is continuing to work on new ideas for the German Treble-winners, with reports suggesting he will change their system from 4-2-3-1 to 4-1-4-1.

Former coach Jupp Heynckes led the Bavarians to glory with two holding midfielders - most often Bastian Schweinsteiger and Javi Martinez, with Brazil international Luiz Gustavo as the first back-up option.

But as the Bundesliga champions continue pre-season training at their camp in Riva del Garda, Guardiola is looking for ways to make them an even more dominant attacking force.

"If the coach wants it like that, we cannot say we want to play like last year," midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri said. "He has a new philosophy, and he has had success with it."

Bayern captain Philipp Lahm said he felt adapting to a new system "will take time", adding: "These are only little adjustments, but in a couple of weeks we will see what our ideas of football will be."

Defender Daniel van Buyten said Guardiola starts thinking about football at the start of each day and addresses the players at a breakfast meeting.

"He always has a little tactics board to explain a couple of things to us," Van Buyten said, adding that he was not concerned by a likely switch to a zonal marking system at corners. "That's not a problem for me," he explained. "It is only a question of concentration."

The Belgium international, 35, who is approaching his eighth season for Bayern after signing a new one-year deal, added: "What the coach intends to do will make us even better. He is keen on the details.

"He tries to improve things that were not perfect last season. We might not have realised, but we are aware of them now. We are working on it, and that will make us better.

"If you have no goals left, you get weaker. Pep Guardiola will get us in a position to play an even better season. He wants more, he is ambitious."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1493982/guardiola-changes-make-bayern-even-better?cc=5901
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 am

Firefox1234 wrote:"If the coach wants it like that, we cannot say we want to play like last year," midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri said. "He has a new philosophy, and he has had success with it."

He doesn't seem like he's happy with this change, is he?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 am

I love the idea of a 4-1-4-1. Since last year I wanted us to try it out and see what happens.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 am

Firefox1234 wrote:But as the Bundesliga champions continue pre-season training at their camp in Riva del Garda, Guardiola is looking for ways to make them an even more dominant attacking force.

I guess 7 goals against Barcelona weren't enough for Guardiola :lol:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:56 am

From what we saw against the Paulaner dream team (not that you can draw any conclusions from that), it looks like all this talk about his new philosophy does not have anything to do with tiki taka, so that's good.

The switch to a 4-1-4-1 is something I am uncertain about. On the one hand it is not very different from a 4-2-3-1, on the other it does appear a little too offensive for my taste. I agree with Guardiola that we can score even more than we did last season, but I think the key is working on finishing and set pieces. Chance creation was not a problem.

I am a big fan of the 4-2-3-1, it is probably my favourite formation. I would prefer keeping it, but I will trust Pep's choice. That said, has anyone seen these "reports"? The quotes don't imply a change in structure.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 am

So are going to see this?

or Martinez CB and Gustavo as holding mdf?? hope not...

I think either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 are the best for the players we've got
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:So are going to see this?

or Martinez CB and Gustavo as holding mdf?? hope not...

I think either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 are the best for the players we've got

Probably more like:

At least this is what I figured from Pep's praises.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion