You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

what about this? 4-3-3 - Shaqiri - Mandzukic - Robben To replace the 3 forwards when needed...

I like the general idea. I too would love to see Kroos drop back a little bit, but in this formation still have the ability to get forward. I think eventually he will be better suited for a deeper position - both for Bayern and Germany - and this would be a great start as it would still allow him some freedom. If Javi sits more as the defensive anchor, or rotates with Schweini on a play-by-play basis, I think that would work as well. As I'm sure everyone is, I'm very curious to see how Pep puts all the pieces together. Having Shaqiri, Mandzu and Robben on the bench for the front line, and Gustavo as a great option to bring into midfield to kill off some games, is incredible. I am sure Pep will enjoy having these options.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 pm

USBayernMunichFan wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

what about this? 4-3-3 - Shaqiri - Mandzukic - Robben To replace the 3 forwards when needed...

I like the general idea. I too would love to see Kroos drop back a little bit, but in this formation still have the ability to get forward. I think eventually he will be better suited for a deeper position - both for Bayern and Germany - and this would be a great start as it would still allow him some freedom. If Javi sits more as the defensive anchor, or rotates with Schweini on a play-by-play basis, I think that would work as well. As I'm sure everyone is, I'm very curious to see how Pep puts all the pieces together. Having Shaqiri, Mandzu and Robben on the bench for the front line, and Gustavo as a great option to bring into midfield to kill off some games, is incredible. I am sure Pep will enjoy having these options.

I agree Kroos doesnt need to be near the box to be a goal threat his skills in my opinion have always been one of a CM, he doesnt have that pace and interchangeability to be a AM like Gotze......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 pm

I think if we opt for the 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3) Shaqiri can not only replace any of the front 3 but also Schweini/Kroos who would have more of an offensive role than Javi/Gustavo. Shaqiri is a bit of a mystery box for next season. He is a very versatile and talented player and I think Pep will gradually introduce him to the starting lineup.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 am

don't call me names :) but I have a feeling that one from Isco & Alcantara will be signed by FCB

Last edited by FCBayernMunchen on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed formation image
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:28 am

I can see us buying one of them (definitely not both), but even then:

1) They certainly won't bench Ribery.
2) In your formation it's probably more likely that Thiago will be Kroos' backup than the other way round.
3) I think (not 100% sure) Thiago plays a bit further back (next to Schweini/Martinez) and getting him would probably mean using the 4-3-3.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:don't call me names :) but I have a feeling that one from Isco & Alcantara will be signed by FCB

:|
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:don't call me names :) but I have a feeling that one from Isco & Alcantara will be signed by FCB

I assume you are predicting Bayern's lineup when Ribery retires...
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

:|

Not feeling that lineup ... if Isco and Alcantara do come, I will say prayers for Pep and Bayern because I think there will be just too much talent to squeeze into too few spots.

Plus, if healthy (or not in jail), there is no way Ribery is on the bench.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 am

Ribery has revealed that Guardiola has asked him whether he can play as a #10.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:32 am

And who'll take LM? Gotze? Shaqiri? Kroos will go back to CM? Damn, now I'm curious.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ribery has revealed that Guardiola has asked him whether he can play as a #10.

TBH I was curious when he was explaining those moves to him...
If I am not mistaken he (sometimes) plays for France in that position...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:02 pm

MoFattal wrote:And who'll take LM? Gotze? Shaqiri? Kroos will go back to CM? Damn, now I'm curious.

I think that he will keep the wing position but it could be an alternative in case of injury or for tactical reasons. Or Guardiola just wants to get to know his players' skills as well as possible.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:08 pm

One thing I don't like is that both Martinez and Gustavo are still playing Confederations cup :shock:

When are we going to have them back? :x
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:One thing I don't like is that both Martinez and Gustavo are still playing Confederations cup :shock:

When are we going to have them back? :x

Probably not till mid to late July those guys need there vacation time but it should give an opportunity for some young bloods to showcase their talent
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes that's what I meant. Last season we didn't worry too much because we had Luiz Gustavo when Martinez was still adapting to the team. But now both will miss a key part of the pre-season with our new coach ! :twisted:
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion