You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Bitch please, Mandzukic is "special"
Special...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Assuming we make no more transfers, that's what we should do next year:

1- Switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-2-3. Let's face it, this team has no real number 10, Kroos is Schweini 2.0 ( Minus the toughness) and Mueller's something of a hybrid between a Bergkamp-esque striker and a winger. Shaqiri could work there but I think he should mostly be used for rotation with Robbery.

2-Rotate more frenquently and more efficiently. Last year all we saw in terms of rotation was swapping between Rafinha and Boateng in RB and swapping between Boateng and DvB in CB. But to be fair our bench kind of sucked. Now that we have a better bench we can rotate more often, just without pulling a Joachim Loew.

3- Stop relying on Robbery and Gomez. This has been said a million times but now it's clearer than ever. We need to stop relying on those guys, sadly during the 3 deciding games of the season, those guys were having an off day, and the rest of our players were clueless.We've been scapegoating them ever since ( Especially Robben and Gomez), but I think part of that was kinda unfair, because there was no one to step up and fill the gap when those guys were sucking. This has to stop.

All in all I think this should be our starting formation next year:

--------------------------Neuer--------------------
---Lahm-Boateng/Dante-Badstuber-Alaba/Contento
---------------------Gustavo/Tymo
----------------Schweini---------Kroos/Can--------------
Robben/Shaqiri/Mueller----------------------Ribery
-------------------------Gomez-------------------

Plan B should look something like this:
----------------Schweini-----Gustavo/Tymo-----------------
Robben/Shaqiri/Mueller-----------------------------Ribery
--------------------Mueller/Mandzukic--------------------

/: Rotation.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Mazen96 wrote:Assuming we make no more transfers, that's what we should do next year:

1- Switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-2-3. Let's face it, this team has no real number 10, Kroos is Schweini 2.0 ( Minus the toughness) and Mueller's something of a hybrid between a Bergkamp-esque striker and a winger. Shaqiri could work there but I think he should mostly be used for rotation with Robbery.

2-Rotate more frenquently and more efficiently. Last year all we saw in terms of rotation was swapping between Rafinha and Boateng in RB and swapping between Boateng and DvB in CB. But to be fair our bench kind of sucked. Now that we have a better bench we can rotate more often, just without pulling a Joachim Loew.

3- Stop relying on Robbery and Gomez. This has been said a million times but now it's clearer than ever. We need to stop relying on those guys, sadly during the 3 deciding games of the season, those guys were having an off day, and the rest of our players were clueless.We've been scapegoating them ever since ( Especially Robben and Gomez), but I think part of that was kinda unfair, because there was no one to step up and fill the gap when those guys were sucking. This has to stop.

All in all I think this should be our starting formation next year:

---------------------Gustavo/Tymo
----------------Schweini---------Kroos--------------
Robben/Shaqiri--------------------------------Ribery

Plan B should look something like this:
----------------Schweini-----Gustavo/Tymo-----------------
Robben/Shaqiri-----------------------------------Ribery
--------------------Mueller/Mandzukic--------------------

/: Rotation.

First of all a 4-1-2-3 is pretty much a 4-3-3 with wingers and that doesnt really solve the over reliance on Robbery cause its pretty much relies on heavy wing play since Gomez is not a versatile striker to link up with the midfield but everywhere else u are right the Muller/Kroos experiment is a waste of time it hasnt made Bayern's offense any less predictable than it is..and ur right that we shudnt blame Gomez and Robben cause its not their fault our offense is so rigid that it only revolves around them, but i disagree with u about where Shaqiri...i say we let him be our #10 and see how it works out so far in preseason he has looked quite promising so Bayern might as well him a chance
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddymcfatty » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 am

I think you also forget that Robbery could actually be swapped for Shalaba - Shaqiri and Alaba. That way we could be even more unpredictable :)
"2013 - Bayern WILL win in Wembley." quoted the day Bayern lost the CL final.

May 25th, I was right.
Paddymcfatty
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 am

Paddymcfatty wrote:I think you also forget that Robbery could actually be swapped for Shalaba - Shaqiri and Alaba. That way we could be even more unpredictable :)

Funny but if i replace a leopard with a jaguar its still a killer cat...The problem is not the playes in the wing itsthe fact that Bayern continue to attack only the wings expecting a different result every time....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 am

Firefox1234 wrote:irst of all a 4-1-2-3 is pretty much a 4-3-3 with wingers and that doesnt really solve the over reliance on Robbery cause its pretty much relies on heavy wing play since Gomez is not a versatile striker to link up with the midfield

I was talking about over reliance in terms of goal scoring. Those guys are the only scorers in our team, so when they are sucking, we resort to our lame old tactic of boring the opponent to death with back passes.We need the rest of the team to step up so that we can score no matter who's playing well and who's not.This includes being willing to substitute them in case they don't play well.
Last edited by Mazen96 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 am

The 4-1-2-3 is actually one of my favourite formations. It allows for easy wing play between the fullbacks, the "2" and the wingers, but also the "2" can help create central attacks. Which pretty much means those "2" are the most important players.

I think moving Schweini further forward would be beneficial. When he played as a CAM he helped Gomez a lot. However if we want to be more of a threat centrally, we could play like this:

-----------Schweini------------
---Muller-----------Kroos-----
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The 4-1-2-3 is actually one of my favourite formations. It allows for easy wing play between the fullbacks, the "2" and the wingers, but also the "2" can help create central attacks. Which pretty much means those "2" are the most important players.

I think moving Schweini further forward would be beneficial. When he played as a CAM he helped Gomez a lot. However if we want to be more of a threat centrally, we could play like this:

-----------Schweini------------
---Muller-----------Kroos-----

We'll get torn to shreds against counter attacking teams if we field this midfield. Gustavo or Tymo should be in the "1" for this formation to work.
Mazen96
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 am

What Daniel is talking about seems to be too attacking a formation without a real destroyer (Gustavo) we would get even more raped on the counter than before. Seems like too much a hassle, I'd bench Kroos and have Gustavo as CDM, Schweini as LCM and Muller at RCM or , alternatively, Kroos as RCM.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 am

It's not intended as a main formation, but against the teams in the lower half of the table, why not? Schweini is also great defensively. :)

However, a formation change is unlikely. Heynckes seems to be sticking with the 4-2-3-1, which I don't mind. I can see a possible change which might make us better though. Let us say we keep lining up like we did against Real Madrid, which seems to be the preferred lineup:

---------------Neuer------------------
Lahm---Boateng--Badstuber--Alaba
--------Gustavo--Schweini-----------
Robben------Kroos-------------Ribery
--------------Gomez-------------------

we could switch Kroos' and Schweini's positions... having Kroos as CM and Schweini as CAM. I think that could be a change for the better.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 am

I would very much love a 4-3-3 I would. In fact it is beginning to seem like a must with the personnel we have. With Robbery, we have relatively lazy wingers who like cutting inside - in a 4-2-3-1, they fin the room in front of them more crowded and they have to track back a whole lot more. In a 4-3-3, however, their tracking back is limited to keeping an eye on the opposing fullback, and they have a whole lot more space ahead of them to cut inside.

It could also be a very effective remedy to our weakness to counters. We can still have a lot of wing play with Lahm and Alaba going forward, but to compensate, we could have Gustavo dropping deep to be the third centerback. Think of the Biscuits role, just emphasizing less ball possession. I also think it would benefit Schweini if he had more space ahead of him to operate. With Kroos playing ahead of him, he will find he has no space to drive into due to the clumsy and slow movement of Kroos, and with Müller, we're only playing down the flanks anyway.

Basically, have two different gameplans for two different rosters. With Robbery, we play a possession heavy technical style of football, but we can also switch back to a faster 4-2-3-1, with Müller, Alaba/Ribery and Shaqiri being the "3".
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:16 pm

quaazi wrote:Basically, have two different gameplans for two different rosters. With Robbery, we play a possession heavy technical style of football, but we can also switch back to a faster 4-2-3-1, with Müller, Alaba/Ribery and Shaqiri being the "3".

I think we could be very successful next season. We now seen to have an extra dimension to our attack and flexibility. A "Plan B" as it were, which was seriously lacking at times last season.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:07 pm

quaazi wrote:I would very much love a 4-3-3 I would. In fact it is beginning to seem like a must with the personnel we have. With Robbery, we have relatively lazy wingers who like cutting inside - in a 4-2-3-1, they fin the room in front of them more crowded and they have to track back a whole lot more. In a 4-3-3, however, their tracking back is limited to keeping an eye on the opposing fullback, and they have a whole lot more space ahead of them to cut inside.

It could also be a very effective remedy to our weakness to counters. We can still have a lot of wing play with Lahm and Alaba going forward, but to compensate, we could have Gustavo dropping deep to be the third centerback. Think of the Biscuits role, just emphasizing less ball possession. I also think it would benefit Schweini if he had more space ahead of him to operate. With Kroos playing ahead of him, he will find he has no space to drive into due to the clumsy and slow movement of Kroos, and with Müller, we're only playing down the flanks anyway.

Basically, have two different gameplans for two different rosters. With Robbery, we play a possession heavy technical style of football, but we can also switch back to a faster 4-2-3-1, with Müller, Alaba/Ribery and Shaqiri being the "3".

I like the idea but in the end of the day its up to Jupp and i doubt his prehistoric ass is gonna experiment on a 4-3-3.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Chalant » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Muller should develop some confidence. He misses 90% of his shots, looks unsure of what's he doing and passes to Gomez most of the time. Maybe switching Muller in Gomez's place would help. So the Muller as #9 formation would look like this

----------------Neuer--------------------
--Lahm--Badstuber--Boateng--Alaba-
-----------Schweini-----Kroos----------
--Shaqiri-----------------------Ribery
-----------------Robben------------------
------------------Muller-------------------

I agree it looks wierd having Robben at CAM. But, there is more scope being selfish at CAM so, it might work just fine!
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Chalant wrote:Muller should develop some confidence. He misses 90% of his shots, looks unsure of what's he doing and passes to Gomez most of the time. Maybe switching Muller in Gomez's place would help. So the Muller as #9 formation would look like this

----------------Neuer--------------------
--Lahm--Badstuber--Boateng--Alaba-
-----------Schweini-----Kroos----------
--Shaqiri-----------------------Ribery
-----------------Robben------------------
------------------Muller-------------------

I agree it looks wierd having Robben at CAM. But, there is more scope being selfish at CAM so, it might work just fine!

Im really skeptical about this idea Muller is a winger he always drifts wide right so i don think he wud be a good playing as a #9 and for Robben i dont think he cud solve Bayern's #10 issue even tho he is our #10 :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion