You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MoFattal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Well, you know that Pep is not the current Barcelona coach, right?

Even though he's not the mainspring of defensive stability, he still had one of the most successful defenses in Europe during his tenure. I wouldn't put much thought into it.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, you know that Pep is not the current Barcelona coach, right?

Even though he's not the mainspring of defensive stability, he still had one of the most successful defenses in Europe during his tenure. I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Besides, he did not have Neuer and D-Wall :)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I hope your right...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:05 pm

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/tactical-conclusions-february

Bayern’s defensive record this season is absurdly good – they’ve conceded just eight goals in 24 league games, and even more startlingly, just one from their twelve away matches, a 1-1 draw at Nurnberg in mid-November.

Bayern complete the fewest tackles, and the fewest interceptions, in the Bundesliga. Their astonishing defensive record is primarily because of their excellent ball retention, and in that sense, Bayern have become the best side in Europe at defending proactively, keeping the ball to prevent the opponents having attempts on goal.

Barcelona are the only side around that boasts a better pass completion rate and more average possession per game, but they aren’t anywhere near as defensively solid – they’ve conceded in their previous 13 matches.

Bayern combine Barca-style possession dominance with more solid positioning at the back, a less exaggerated defensive line, and more height to help defend set-plays. Bayern concede just 7.8 shots per game, two less than any other Bundesliga side, and 1.5 less than Barcelona. Pep Guardiola’s influence at the club might be tricky to determine.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Kinkam » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:25 pm

[quote="quaazi"]http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/tactical-conclusions-february

On Juve Bonucci with time on the ball isn't the biggest worry. We deal with long balls pretty well with Dante and Boateng. Especially with their attackers who are hardly a threat aerially.
Kinkam
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:36 am

Alright assuming the squad stays the same including Gotze and Pep plays a 4-3-3 what is your preferred starting XI

The options are so wide idk who to play :P:

I don't know if i want to play Kroos or Gotze in the AM role. I feel like Kroos would be more suited but Gotze could add that extra bit of pace...

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm

The best formation for the best team. But the first 11 don't exist.

Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Replace Boateng with Holger and you have yourself a lineup!

Though frankly I would not be surprised to see both Martinez and Kroos moved back a position once Pep arrives. I am kinda worried for Kroos - how much of his class is dependant on Jupp being his coach? We'll just have to hope he can show the maturity necessary to keep going now that the situation has changed.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

4 - 2 - 3 - 1:

Spoiler: show

3 - 4 - 3 Diamond:

4 - 3 - 3 False Nine:

You can interchange a few of these guys as you see fit. A healthy and current-form Robben, for example may play instead of Müller. Badstuber for Boateng maybe. I'm having a bit of an issue here, though. I think both are our two best CBs, hands down. Both are left foots, though, which complicates things somewhat.

Dante - Boateng, when Boateng keeps himself under control, is an awesome CB partnership nonetheless.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm

I see your concern but i think Pep will see a lot of Xavi from Kroos, the man has the vision the passing range and the creativity it just that his pace limits when he is playing behind a striker. I think a deeper role in the midfield accompanied by a strong DM would do him good. I have always seen him as a future Schweinstiger. I think Gotze has that pace that would be vital and it will allow all Bayern's forwards to interchange easier between Ribery,Gotze, and Muller than when Kroos is at AM since he isnt much of a winger.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Commodore wrote:4 - 2 - 3 - 1:

3 - 4 - 3 Diamond:

4 - 3 - 3 False Nine:

You can interchange a few of these guys as you see fit. A healthy and current-form Robben, for example may play instead of Müller. Badstuber for Boateng maybe. I'm having a bit of an issue here, though. I think both are our two best CBs, hands down. Both are left foots, though, which complicates things somewhat.

Dante - Boateng, when Boateng keeps himself under control, is an awesome CB partnership nonetheless.

I like your line ups but it makes me feel bad for Kroos i feel like he has more to offer and Pep would use him often but not to the extent where he is riding his nuts like Jupp :P

P.S Glad you back youve always been good at explainig this tactically stuff :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Kroos doesn't need to hope for anyone to ride his nuts. With the stuff he is displaying on the pitch week in week out, anyone who is not riding his nuts must be insane. Micheal Cox of Zonalmarking, for example. Clearly not insane, this dude. :D I believe he called Kroos "The perfect player" recently (going to look it up later). And how right he is!

Kroos will find his place in whatever system Pep is going to implement. Götze in the squad or not is irrelevant here. Both are brilliant, but both bring entirely different skillsets to the table. That's diversity right there, and squad-diversity in the hands of one of the most capable football-tacticians on the planet is a very, very, very good thing, my friend. :D

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Commodore wrote:Badstuber for Boateng maybe. I'm having a bit of an issue here, though. I think both are our two best CBs, hands down.

I worded that very poorly. I hope it's clear nonetheless that I mean Dante and Badstuber are our best CBs.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Commodore wrote:Kroos doesn't need to hope for anyone to ride his nuts. With the stuff he is displaying on the pitch week in week out, anyone who is not riding his nuts must be insane. Micheal Cox of Zonalmarking, for example. Clearly not insane, this dude. :D I believe he called Kroos "The perfect player" recently (going to look it up later). And how right he is!

Kroos will find his place in whatever system Pep is going to implement. Götze in the squad or not is irrelevant here. Both are brilliant, but both bring entirely different skillsets to the table. That's diversity right there, and squad-diversity in the hands of one of the most capable football-tacticians on the planet is a very, very, very good thing, my friend. :D

You make a good point it was evident how much better of a coach Jupp became when he had diversity in the squad and Pep will probably have much more diversity than he ever did at Barcelona :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Won't be our preferred choice (not while Ribs is fit), but something I'd love to see (and I'm sure we will) tried out is a forward line of:

---------Mandzukic----------
Shaqiri-----Gotze------Muller

=P~
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion