You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 pm

This is no rhetorical! Does anyone know why Bayern cannot score or defend set pieces?!?! I feel like even though the rest of their game is world class, this crucial part of the game can decide whether Bayern are filling there trophy cabinet or dusting it as last season showed us all.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

Well, I'd give it some words:

1) Our players in the box do not run towards the approaching ball. Only DvB does that, and that's why our set-pieces are dangerous when he's there. The others mostly wait for it to be 100% accurate to reach them where they stand or where they're running vertically towards. If you want to see what I mean, check Chelsea. They almost score from a corner kick every single game. Check their movements inside the box. They have at least 2-3 players moving towards the ball and not towards the goal line. This would make it way harder for the defender to clear, and it would normally lead to one of those horizontally-running guys to set free.

2) We don't "screen". We have big guys in the area, but they don't use their strong physique to "unintentionally" hold-off a defender closely marking a player of ours heading for the ball. You can see that man-marking almost always works against our players, and hence we barely see a player of ours marginally empty inside the box.

3) We don't create space for the other players. We stand so close to each other, and hence overcrowd the area along with the defenders. That makes it very hard even to move, what then to jump high and accurately head the ball.

4) Now this is only speculative, but I personally don't think we give these plays much importance in our training sessions. I'm guessing that if we did, then we should at least see different movements inside the box, even if that was no leading to goals. However, it's always the exact same thing going on inside.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm

MoFattal wrote:1) Our players in the box do not run towards the approaching ball. Only DvB does that, and that's why our set-pieces are dangerous when he's there. The others mostly wait for it to be 100% accurate to reach them where they stand or where they're running vertically towards. If you want to see what I mean, check Chelsea. They almost score from a corner kick every single game. Check their movements inside the box. They have at least 2-3 players moving towards the ball and not towards the goal line. This would make it way harder for the defender to clear, and it would normally lead to one of those horizontally-running guys to set free.

I've even had some personal experience with this when I played goalie in an amateur match. I kept telling my defenders to close down the runs to the near post instead of just marking the players, but they rarely listened, so of course the opponents managed to score from a corner by running straight at the ball, getting only a slight header in, but it was enough because the force of the ball was still there from the corner kick and I didn't stand a chance.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Thx for the explanation, something tells me we wont be seeing Bayern get better at set pieces anytime soon.....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 pm

The past two games make it evident to me Muller, Ribery and Kroos form is slipping and i think fatigue is starting is hitting them as i am seeing them make sloppy crosses and missed passes. I think Jupp should play a two striker system in his rotation more often so our wingers can rest and give playing time to the Mario bros to keep then happy.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 pm

I'd like to see for once Robben and Alaba on the same side along with Shaq as AM when Ribery is unavailable.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Anyone agrees to return to the old days?

Honigstein wrote:It'll be interesting to see whether Heynckes will be tempted to use Luiz Gustavo and Martinez as a defensive shield against top international opposition and move Schweinsteiger into the No. 10 position.

:oops: . Well, if you say so...
Honigstein wrote:In terms of depth and sheer ability, Bayern's midfield is marginally ahead of Real Madrid's and not too far off Barcelona's.

Closing arguments...

"Bayern is more settled than Real Madrid, less dependent on a single player like Barcelona, and it has more depth than Dortmund, which is threatening to make some European waves this season, too."
tflags

Postby quaazi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm

You could give us a link to the article in question, y'know. :(
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:24 pm

tflags

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 am

The only game I would consider lining up that midfield is at the Camp Nou. Even then I'm not so convinced by the idea
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The only game I would consider lining up that midfield is at the Camp Nou. Even then I'm not so convinced by the idea

I agree. Kroos is the our main threat to rip apart that fragile Barca defense. The double defensive shield with Basti in front of them seems a good idea only if we had to preserve a lead towards the end of the game.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am

I think overcompensating against a strong opponent will end up like Löw's idiotic decision in the Italy game. We're a very proactive side with some of the best players in the world, we should force opponents to worry about US, not the other way around.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 am

I have noticed Honigstein usually suggests something based on hard info. Why would he suggest moving up Bastian when he himself praised Kroos a couple of articles ago?
tflags

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

tflags wrote:I have noticed Honigstein usually suggests something based on hard info. Why would he suggest moving up Bastian when he himself praised Kroos a couple of articles ago?

Maybe he thinks Heynckes wouldn't risk starting with Kroos in a European game at the Camp Nou, for example. This may be based on his no show versus Italy. To be honest, if I were to play with Gustavo, Schweinsteiger AND Martinez, I'd go for a 4-3-3, probably with Ribery, Muller and Gomez up top.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm

No, I didn't make a mistake - it's a midfield diamond awwwwwright.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion