You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby nur4bayern » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

I know most of you guys are concentrating on formations here, but whatever Jupp decides on, one of the tactical problems Bayern is having is on set plays, especially corner kicks. I don't have the stats (I'm sure someone will post that) but Bayern have just been aweful. So, from a tactical perspective it makes sense to have a formation that includes players that can score off of set plays. So, as much fun as we're having with DvB as a striker, that idea comes from his ability to score from set plays and that's no joking matter. Martinez, Dante and Badstuber must step it up otherwise Bayern's opponents will give up corner's all day long instead of trying to play the ball out of their defense third, which could lead to turnovers and more scoring opportunities.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Agreed!!! I don't know why but its as if some magical force makes sure Bayern cant score from corners or set pieces. Usually the guy who scores from set pieces is Gomez but thise are usually tap ins when the other team fumbles the ball....:P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm

nur4bayern wrote:I know most of you guys are concentrating on formations here, but whatever Jupp decides on, one of the tactical problems Bayern is having is on set plays, especially corner kicks. I don't have the stats (I'm sure someone will post that) but Bayern have just been aweful. So, from a tactical perspective it makes sense to have a formation that includes players that can score off of set plays.

Yes, glad to see someone else notified this big hole in our game. That's been an issue for last 5-6 years. Now penalties are also major problem for our players and that must worry every Bayern fan who's been a fan for last 15 years and longer. Since we lost Scholl, Deisler and Sagnol for set-pieces, transformed to short passing style of playing, 4-2-3-1 formation, we barely can get passing grade in these football areas.
Shaqiri can be our new Scholl and I think Sagnol, too since he's got a fantastic passing, great free-kick shot, generally strong shot, etc. We should exclusively rely on him at these situations and get back on what we had always relied in the past.

This segment of the game often marked us, marked also Germany, but today... Today we can't see this by any of them. [-X
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Im more troubled by Bayern's defense on set pieces, thats what could get them in trouble vs park the bus teams.....:(

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Im more troubled by Bayern's defense on set pieces, thats what could get them in trouble vs park the bus teams.....:(

Yes, I totally agree with you. That's also included in that regime, not just in attacking situations.

Lot of things we still have to improve or should I say, retrieve on old. It's not enough with a ball to circle around the opponent's box and entire half with constantly attempting to find a way how to walk in the goal.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

I hope to see more out-swinging corners. They took some during the Hoffenheim game and I felt Bayern were a little bit more dangerous. Mixing it up a bit every once in a while won't hurt. At least it will be more difficult for the goalkeeper to come out and catch it and maybe even makes a blunder. How many corners have ended up safely without any effort in the goalkeeper's hands ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm

MaCk0y wrote:How many corners have ended up safely without any effort in the goalkeeper's hands ?

MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Or how about we try playing DvB? That guy was a monster at scoring corners... And even if he didn't, he'd always pull their best guy to mark him, making it a little bit easier for the others.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby samaj » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm

MUTU wrote:Or how about we try playing DvB? That guy was a monster at scoring corners... And even if he didn't, he'd always pull their best guy to mark him, making it a little bit easier for the others.

I agree, I would love to see him play soon.
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm

samaj wrote:
MUTU wrote:Or how about we try playing DvB? That guy was a monster at scoring corners... And even if he didn't, he'd always pull their best guy to mark him, making it a little bit easier for the others.

I agree, I would love to see him play soon.

If we're up two or three goals, I think sticking him up front for a run out would be good. Not when it's tight though. I wouldn't want him getting the blame unfairly if he was brought on as a super sub to score a goal, but failed to do so!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby walter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:04 pm

DVB is waaaaayyyy past his prime... I'm not saying we shouldn't give him a few minutes or include him in the rotation when we face weak teams but, other than that, I don't see him contributing anything significant to the team anymore.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm

If i was to see DvB in the startin XI i would cringe the whole game :(

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 am

I repeat, when our opponents is shutting us down completely and is deliberately giving us set-pieces because they know we suck at it, then bring DvB in place of whoever is partnering Dante or as a striker replacing one of our CMs. Having DvB, Dante, Martinez, Shweini, Madzukic/Gomez in the box just MIGHT give us a better chance. I mean, how many Kohlers does the opposing team have to man-mark all these guys?!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 am

I need to create a Daniel van Buyten Appreciation Thread or something.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am

quaazi wrote:I need to create a Daniel van Buyten Appreciation Thread or something.

I'll help!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion