You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby BayernLove » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm

MAN MARKING. IT EXISTS! Zonal marking from set pieces is the most idiotic idea anyone has ever had since beef bacon.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 pm

BayernLove wrote:MAN MARKING. IT EXISTS! Zonal marking from set pieces is the most idiotic idea anyone has ever had since beef bacon.

Dont tell me, talk to Jupp I don't know why Lahm was even in the box to defend that....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby walter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 pm

BayernLove wrote:MAN MARKING. IT EXISTS! Zonal marking from set pieces is the most idiotic idea anyone has ever had since beef bacon.

dude, have you heard of veggie bacon?

GROSS!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby walter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm hoping Martinez is going to have a major postive impact when it comes defending set pieces.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby BayernLove » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:06 am

SCREW YOU VEGETARIANS! YOU AND YOUR DISGUSTING MUTATIONS OF EVERYTHING!
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am

By the way something always bothered me about Drogba's header in the CL final. Wasn't normally Gomez always the one on the first position in the zonal marking at the edge of the 5m box? I never understood why they placed Lahm there to begin with.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 am

Thinkfootball published a very good article today that addresses the points Quaazi and I were arguing about when I first came here:

Commodore wrote:
quaazi wrote:Perhaps the most sweeping statement that can be made is that a 4-3-3 promotes proactive football while a 4-2-3-1 promotes reactive football. Obviously this is not set in stone, but they do fit those styles better.

Very good post, but with this last part I disagree somewhat (even though you've already put it in perspective). In general I have to say that a formation is just that. A formation. A formation doesn't dictate your style of play.

The rise of reactive footballing tactics

The article makes a good point about the fact that neither proactive nor reactive football are, despite their reputations, inherently positive or negative styles. However it also asks the question if teams worth hundreds of millions in sheer player value do good in adopting a reactive style that is so extreme that it can be described by nothing else but the word "destructive" (Inter 2010, Chelsea 2012).

We as Bayern fans probably all prefer a proactive style of football, because that's what we've been growing up with and have seen our team play all our lives. Even more so after the van Gaal spell with us, where our style went through a serious "Barcafication" as I like to call it. No surprise, seeing how van Gaal has coached both Barca and Ajax in his career - probably THE two clubs worldwide most associated with the term "Total Football" (or Totaalvoetbal for the purists).

However we should not be so quick in lumping all reactive sides together as destructive "Anti Football" sides, much as we shouldn't glorify every proactive team. Didn't do Stuttgart any good against us trying the proactive way, now did it? Conversely I don't think we should call Dortmund's and (even more so) Mönchengladbach's styles of last season (two very reactive styles) destructive, and certainly we shouldn't call them ugly.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 am

Of course. After all, the much lauded Germany team in 2010 was as reactive as it got. However, also note that reactive sides are usually not pre-tournament favorites - Inter in 2010, Chelski in 2012, Germany in 2010, Dortmund in 2010 and 2011 (keep in mind most people still thought Bayern would win the Bundesliga). It's a situation that can be exploited, or rather, reacted to (see what I did there?). If we're FC Bayern, we're NEVER underdogs. There isn't going to be one team that will come to the Allianz and think "well, we'll have the majority of the ball today". As such, I am a vocal opponent of any coach whose reputation is based on reactive football. Likewise, I think van Gaal was a great visionary who would've served us a lot better as a sporting director or in any such capacity rather than a coach.

Of course, proving yourself to be a proactive coach is ridiculously difficult as you need experience in a top-quality team. Which is why the pool is quite limited.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 am

I think, just talking about the football aspect, van Gaal should have become "our" Alex Ferguson/Arsen Wenger (i.e. our long, long, long time coach). Obviously limited somewhat by his age, but he could have been with us for ten years easily.

Unfortunately he didn't get along with the players and the club on a personal level. It's a real shame because I think we could have done great things with him.

Last year I would have shit my pants had we encountered Barca before the final. I thought we might have a shot in 90 minutes at home, but in a two legged tie? Never. This year I would really love to see us clash with them over two legs, as I think the odds would be roughly 50:50, maybe eeeeever so slightly tipped into Barca's favor. It remains to be seen what Vilanova can do with the squad and how much of the recent years' successes was Guardiola and how much was just the awesome squad they have.

The winners could rightfully proclaim themselves Proactive Football Champions of the World.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Bazi wrote:By the way something always bothered me about Drogba's header in the CL final. Wasn't normally Gomez always the one on the first position in the zonal marking at the edge of the 5m box? I never understood why they placed Lahm there to begin with.

Actually Muller was in that spot for most of the game until he got subbed out moving Lahm to that spot.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 pm

And like I said before, he got subbed out for Daniel van Buyten, by far our tallest player...

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLove » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:08 pm

I'll stand by my words.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:12 pm

* Just to clarify before I start that I'm not really good when discussing tactics and formation.

So besides defensive *what-could-have-been* with Drogba, the only thing in my mind constantly is our lack of scoring abilities... I know over and over again, we've argued it's because:

1. Gomez's style and/or lack of finishing
2. Over-reliance on the wing
3. Chelsea parked the bus

No 1 and 2 can be effectively argued about our ineffectiveness against Dortmund last season.

Which brings me to a couple of questions & debates... A lot of people seems to think that the Muller's revival is due to Mandzukic's style of play that allows more build up compared to Gomez's which allows Muller to go deeper and have more freedom in general. Some here have also argued that Mandzukic is fast and is the reason why despite playing in similar formation in the Supercup, he was able to get past Hummels and slot in the goal.

As for teams that park the bus, what do you guys suggest we should adapt? Who should we start? I was watching the UEFA Super Cup and how incredibly easy for Falcao to get past the parked bus and tight angles (which imo Muller did on THAT match), and that his first goal can be attributed due to his speed.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby BayernLove » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Conclusion: Mandžukić is mini Falcao. :lol: :lol:
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion