You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Muller can't play there. Kroos can. Plus, I would prefer only Gustavo at the back with Basti a bit forward with Kroos. I like the fact that you slipped that (C) next to Neuer though ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Dante and Bads? DANTE? Have you lost your f*cking mind?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Commodore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

I say, come mid season (the latest) and Dante is starting most games next to Badstuber.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Even if Boateng may be worse than Dante (at least attention and concentration wise), he has something Dante doesn't - chemistry with Badstuber. And besides one is young and up-and-coming (23 is still quite young) and one is 29! Think about it. Badstuber is also 23. better chemistry? Maybe Dante has more leadership? We'll have to wait and see during the season. So volatile, this subject.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Commodore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 pm

CB partnerships are always a highly delicate subject in a squad. I see nothing wrong with a more experienced player playing with a younger one on these positions. In the end however, all the chemistry in the world is for naught, if you concede penalties at the worst possible times and get sent off constantly.

Don't get me wrong, my Boateng "hate" has died down quite a bit during the EURO, where I think he played really well. He got a suspension nevertheless but one of his yellows was a "smart" foul, and as a defender you'll get yellows from time to time. So he was banned against Greece, big deal.

Still, he'll have to prove that he did mature on the pitch and won't sometimes out of the blue just elect to do the stupidest thing possible in any given situation.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm

BayernLove wrote:Even if Boateng may be worse than Dante (at least attention and concentration wise), he has something Dante doesn't - chemistry with Badstuber. And besides one is young and up-and-coming (23 is still quite young) and one is 29! Think about it. Badstuber is also 23. better chemistry? Maybe Dante has more leadership? We'll have to wait and see during the season. So volatile, this subject.

:shock: :shock: :shock: for arguing about having a 29 years old CB. That's exactly what we need. Dante is not that much different than Boateng, but at least he doesn't have those title-costing lapses. I think the presence of Dante, who is now at his peak, will benefit both Boateng and Badstuber more than having them play together at all times.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Maybe so, but I argue Boateng still has room to improve. Dante is more experienced which, besides Lahm, is lacking in our defence, he also has better leadership than any of the 2 CBs which stand at the moment. But I do find him a bit Medicre, regardless.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35 pm

BayernLove wrote:And besides one is young and up-and-coming (23 is still quite young) and one is 29!

I am in favour of Boateng starting most games (you hear that Xabi?) although I do want Dante to start sometimes. However about this, Dante could bring some much needed experience to our backline.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 pm

For the big games, where you have bullying strikers, I'll definitely go with Dante. Boateng is great, but as said earlier, a young CB pairing is not as good as an experienced one.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 pm

MoFattal wrote:For the big games, where you have bullying strikers, I'll definitely go with Dante. Boateng is great, but as said earlier, a young CB pairing is not as good as an experienced one.

At this point I would agree with you, but of course a lot depends on the form of both players at the time, and Boateng will be gaining experience game after game.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 pm

MoFattal wrote:For the big games, where you have bullying strikers, I'll definitely go with Dante. Boateng is great, but as said earlier, a young CB pairing is not as good as an experienced one.

He did well against Drogba in the UCL final and Drogba is more of a beast than a bull :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm

No one could get to Drogba's header. Boa and Bads included. Dante's afro might've.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:50 pm

BayernLove wrote:No one could get to Drogba's header. Boa and Bads included. Dante's afro might've.

If u look closely none of those two were marking Drogba when we ran for that header Lahm was marking that zone, you maybe asking why Lahm(shortest guy on the team) marking that zone....thats because Muller who was originally there was subbed off......:(

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Don't get me started on that header, it hurts too much. A fucking minute before that corner we had subbed in who? Daniel van Buyten, right! How tall is Daniel van Buyten? Right, 15 feet. WHO SHOULD MAN FUCKING MARK FUCKING DROGBA???

Daniel van fucking Buyten, for fuck's sake!

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Commodore wrote:Don't get me started on that header, it hurts too much. A **** minute before that corner we had subbed in who? Daniel van Buyten, right! How tall is Daniel van Buyten? Right, 15 feet. WHO SHOULD MAN **** MARK **** DROGBA???

Daniel van **** Buyten, for ****'s sake!

Bayern were zone marking for some reason when the only ppl u had to worry about was Drogba :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion