You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: [2012-08-04] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:05 am

I propose the following front line.

--------van Buyten-----------

... that is all.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: 2012/2013 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

zbucknasty wrote:Then on the bench we would Have Schweiny who could sub his old position for Robben.

He'd need to have that crappy hairstyle he had in 2008 to do that.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Muller has been playing very well as well, so I can see two options.

--------------Muller------------------
Ribery-----Shaqiri----------Robben

or else Robben starts the season on the bench, but I have to say that Robben has been trying as well. :)

I just hope that Heynckes doesn't insist on playing Kroos at CAM, because it is clear that we have superior players now. If he wants to go with Schweini-Kroos, I am all for it.

I completely agree Kroos playin AM was a ridiculous idea imo.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Bayern is playing a more vertical style (or at least trying, I can only imagine it is a process to get all the pieces together, especially in these two games I am very happy with the tactical approach.

1. After the turnovers the transition forward is quicker than last season with the winger closer to the ball running to the line and dropping back to open space while the offensive line charges forward the full width of the field, this is very similar to what Dortmund or Gladbach do.
2. Robben and Ribery –but specially Robben- are reducing dribbling and relying more on combining 1-2-3’s with the center players. Kroos and Shaq have been outstading providing wall passes to penetrate the backline.

As I said before, this preseason Bayern has a strong a wide offensive bite, that even with Gomez (our main striker) out or lacking rhythm can produce a lot of goalscoring opportunities and once we are match ready the goals can come from a half dozen players in our line up; the part that we still need work to do is defense, as a team. We still have problems defending set pieces and we leave too much space for counterattacks. It is a matter of having the mindset to be fully concentrated for 90 minutes to not let our Centerbacks isolated. Many BL teams try “to suck” Bayern in giving up possession and when the backline support gets separated they exploit the space between the lines. I am sure JH can fix the problem with the players that we have. The points mentioned above can actually be the foundation of the fix as a more direct style can keep our backline covered better.

My other concern is that at any point we can reverse the style, one of Bayern problems falling short the last 2 seasons is lacking a natural vocal leader on the field and the team has the tendency to play conservatively relying on possession while hoping that an individual action by one of our marquee players can turn a game around, when in reality it does not happen all the time.

Sorry that we are off topic here discussing team tactics as this is a specific game discussion but on the other hand I am glad there are so many posts full of substance.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby BayernLove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Jorge wrote:penetrate the backline.

Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby DieRoten31 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am

You're so childish. But I love it :P
\
DieRoten31
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DieRoten31 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 am

quaazi wrote:I propose the following front line.

--------van Buyten-----------

... that is all.

What happened to the all Müller team?
\
DieRoten31
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby brickwall281 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm

How about this? Injuries excluded-

--------------------Neuer--------------------
Lahm--Badstuber--Dante--------Alaba
--------Schweinsteiger/Gustavo--------
Robben-----------------------------Ribery
---------------Shaqiri/Muller---------------
-----Pizarro-----------------Gomez-------

This is when our team is fully back, I would suggest this formation. Personally I don't like Boateng as he tends to lose concentration, and could see Dante getting the starting role instead. We could try Kroos on the left although he played too few games for us to see. Mandzukic could act as the substitute pushing both strikers to do their best.

As for a leader, I think Neuer should captain the team, because we all know Lahm is a failure captain, same goes for Schweinsteiger.
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby quaazi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:41 pm

NO MIDFIELD DIAMONDS WITH ROBBERY ON THE FLANKS PLEASE GOD NO STOP IT ALREADY PEOPLE.

Right. I'm good. Just needed to get that out of the system.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JJJ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:46 pm

I've seen this before in forums. And the answer was there can't be 3 attacking players in front of Robbery.
Früchtl
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Müller, Fein, Kroos, Can, Schöpf
Wagner, Zirkzee

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 pm

JJJ wrote:there can't be 3 attacking players in front of Robbery.

... not even LvG would go there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:05 pm

MUTU wrote:
JJJ wrote:there can't be 3 attacking players in front of Robbery.

... not even LvG would go there.

If only LvG could clone Pranjic, there just might have been. :wink:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 pm

quaazi wrote:NO MIDFIELD DIAMONDS WITH ROBBERY ON THE FLANKS PLEASE GOD NO STOP IT ALREADY PEOPLE.

Right. I'm good. Just needed to get that out of the system.

The diamond is my favourite formation, but this. I guess one could argue that Robbery are capable of playing centrally and then drift to the wing when attacking, but they are not good enough defensively.

We do have the right players for it if we bench Robbery though...

Bringing in very balanced wingers and fielding 2 "central wingers" is an interesting idea though, which would revolutionise the formation. Perhaps Scholl could try it out with the reserves. He is utilizing the diamond after all.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Honestly, if I had to fit the players we have into a midfield diamond, I'd use this:

-------------Neuer---------------
-Lahm-Boateng-Holger-Alaba-
------------Gustavo-------------
-----Kroos-----------Schweini--
-------------Ribery--------------
-----Müller---------Gomez-----

The obvious problem (not counting Ribery playing in a central position which he doesn't seem to like personally) is Kroos. And I have a feeling that Martinez would be a perfect fit in his place. Two incredibly hard-working box-to-box midfielders supported by Gustavo in the Makelele role... and with our wingbacks, it'd be a crime not to let them go forward and drop into a back three.

The front three would be functionally interchangeable. Shaqiri in for Ribery for technical prowess and creativity, Robben in for Müller for high speed counters and combination play, Pizza in for Gomez for the powerful goalscorer role (ie. Ibra at Milan last season). Modify to suit whatever opponent.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby zbucknasty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:51 am

AssemFCB wrote:
zbucknasty wrote:Then on the bench we would Have Schweiny who could sub his old position for Robben.

He'd need to have that crappy hairstyle he had in 2008 to do that.

you mean awesome hairstyle...
zbucknasty
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion