You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't want Kroos in the midfield, he's just too lazy, we all know it.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am

Element wrote:Then What Do You think of Letting Kroos Start as Deep-lying playmaker next to Schweinsteiger ?

Gustavo is playing very well, and I still like Tymo because he helps us keep possession and allow less chances. I see no reason to move Kroos back to CM.

It is true that with the way Kroos has been playing lately, he deserves a starting role, and that won't happen if Robbery are not injured. He will have to work hard, and play well every chance he gets. He will probably be subbed in often and also start a few games. He is still young. If he is patient for one or two years he will probably get his starting role eventually. Even if they are never injured again, Robben and especially Ribery will start regressing soon enough, they're not young anymore.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby The Spyware » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm

We was playing nearly 4-3-3 yesterday not the typical 4-2-3-1

I just saw the match on replay it was like
.......Gustavo...
Schweini.....Kroos

and it worked very well

and I think we will see that in many matches as Robbery get injured a lot

So In the normal circumstances we will play with the normal
Gustavo - Schweini
Robben - Mueller - Ribery
Gomez

and I one gets injured we will play like yesterday which is also very good

In Fact If you ask me I will bench Gomez for Kroos and play with Mueller as a striker

Gustavo
Schweini - Kroos
Robben - Ribery
Mueller

I want to see that formation one day
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I advocated the use of Müller as a false nine too some months ago, looks like Heynckes might sometimes try it out. A lot of experimentation yesterday.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

We was playing nearly 4-3-3 yesterday not the typical 4-2-3-1

I just saw the match on replay it was like
.......Gustavo...
Schweini.....Kroos

and it worked very well

I agree, that was also my impression on the tactical formation (and I did watch a replay too), exactly the way you have it. Kroos and Schweini were given a little more freedom than Gustavo, and were alternating in offense/defense. As a matter of fact, I had been suggesting for a couple of years now that we should play with that formation. I hope Heynckes will still try it out once Robbery can play, even if it means benching Muller or dropping Gomez in favor of him. Nevertheless, Muller will always get a lot of playing time considering how often Robbery gets injured.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Element » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Mueller Should not be Dropped at any circumstances

PERIOD
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby walter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Element wrote:Mueller Should not be Dropped at any circumstances

PERIOD

You ask me he should be ahead of Ribery in the pecking order, but he seems to do a lot better playing on the right.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm

walter wrote:I hope Heynckes will still try it out once Robbery can play, even if it means benching Muller or dropping Gomez in favor of him.

We don't need to, we can drop Kroos. Kroos isn't that good in defending anyway, and Muller is such a great and intelligent player, I am sure he can play the CM role better than Kroos

Or we can drop Gustavo and drop Schweini deeper. This is what I had suggested last summer (before the beginning of 2010-11)

------------Schweini-------------
------Muller----------Kroos------
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Barça plays something like this

Villa-------Messi-------Pedro

Both 3 make good combinations and appear everywhere. We have the players to play the same.

RIbery------Müller------Robben

Even a friend of mine suggested that Robben could play as striker just as Messi does for Barça because playing on the right he can't show his full potential and defenders know that he is going to cut inside and make his trademark shoot. Just what happened to Messi a few years ago when he played on the right. But I think that Robben is too weak for that because CB's can kill him with their tackles. Messi is small but really strong.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shileno » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 am

Actually, I remember Robben playing as second striker for R.Madrid and Chelsea. He was great, and I also suggested once to put him there, or maybe as 10, but the thing is.. He fails to finish, just like Muller, Gomez and Ribery. I like him better when he plays next to Ribery, or when they change positions.

-------------Neuer
Rafinha-Boateng-Gustavo-Lahm
---Schweini-Kroos-Muller
Robben----Gomez----Ribery

I would use that, at least for one entire half. Muller should stick in the center as much as possible. He's not vertical, he tends to lose balls and being in general less useful than Robbery there. Schweini is a must, Badstuber passing are not enough to make him a spot, Gustavo as been better than Tymo lately, Muller is also a must and Kroos has been improving fast. I want to finally see that long-distance killer from Leverkusen.

And yes, that team seems offensive, but who cares, we can control midfield pretty well, our troubles are CBs, not CDMs/CMs. Barca plays exactly the same formation since ages and they adapted perfectly.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am

shileno wrote:Actually, I remember Robben playing as second striker for R.Madrid and Chelsea. He was great, and I also suggested once to put him there, or maybe as 10, but the thing is.. He fails to finish, just like Muller, Gomez and Ribery. I like him better when he plays next to Ribery, or when they change positions.

-------------Neuer
Rafinha-Boateng-Gustavo-Lahm
---Schweini-Kroos-Muller
Robben----Gomez----Ribery

I would use that, at least for one entire half. Muller should stick in the center as much as possible. He's not vertical, he tends to lose balls and being in general less useful than Robbery there. Schweini is a must, Badstuber passing are not enough to make him a spot, Gustavo as been better than Tymo lately, Muller is also a must and Kroos has been improving fast. I want to finally see that long-distance killer from Leverkusen.

And yes, that team seems offensive, but who cares, we can control midfield pretty well, our troubles are CBs, not CDMs/CMs. Barca plays exactly the same formation since ages and they adapted perfectly.

Completely agree, although Badstuber has been playing fine so I would consider giving him a chance (even though as of now I am still in favor of Boateng-Gustavo)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:40 am

saarpen wrote:If Bayern will play wiith 2 strikers Gomez + petersen !!!!! it will be great and powerfull !!!! 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
with Gomez , Petersen will be great striker and with Gomez they will be the one of the strong attack in the bundesliga with Ribery and Robben in the wings !!!! :D

It would probably fail, but I would like to see Heynckes try out a diamond formation against some weak Bundesliga teams with the diamond consisting of Schweini, Ribery, Robben and Muller, and the strikers being Gomez and Petersen/Olic. The weak Bundesliga teams will mostly be defending against us anyway and it would increase our chances of scoring, and we would also be trying out a possible new formation.

As many of us have said time and again, Ribery has lost some speed. He has also improved in defending and has become more balanced. I think he can be a great CAM and also a CM. Robben is a problem to fit in this formation. I think the best thing would be to play him as the CAM. Something like:

-----------------Schweini--------------------
-------Muller----------------Ribery----------
-----------------Robben----------------------

Although if the rest of the team is doing their defensive duties correctly, I see no harm in keeping Robben as a winger:

-----------------Schweini---------------------
Robben----------------------Ribery----------
------------------Muller-----------------------

Besides, Robbery can always move towards the wings when attacking.

You guys probably don't know but I love the diamond formation, it has always been my favourite. With Bayern's weak defense in recent years and also the problem of fitting in Robbery, I have almost never suggested it. With our squad this season, I think it is the ideal formation when Robbery are both out. Gustavo, Tymo, Kroos, Olic, Usami, Alaba can all fit in easily in that formation. With Robbery fit, it is harder to play. I think it is still worth a try, but I also think it is unlikely to work.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 am

Neither Usami or Kroos fit into a 4-4-2 diamond as wingers though, due to their low workrate. Yet. Alaba would be the perfect fit as a winger there, though.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 pm

quaazi wrote:Neither Usami or Kroos fit into a 4-4-2 diamond as wingers though, due to their low workrate. Yet. Alaba would be the perfect fit as a winger there, though.

When Robbery are not playing we can play without wingers, so Kroos and Alaba would fit in well. I am almost certain that Usami can play CAM too, but I am not sure.

The "diamond with the one winger" idea is just a little tweak on the standard formation to include Robben.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:When Robbery are not playing we can play without wingers, so Kroos and Alaba would fit in well. I am almost certain that Usami can play CAM too, but I am not sure.

Yes He can

but When Spox asked Him about his favorite position

he said that he likes to come from the wings , left and Right does not matter
FCBayernMunchen wrote:The "diamond with the one winger" idea is just a little tweak on the standard formation to include Robben.

Van Gaal Did that one here !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion