You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

Former FC Bayern rightback Sagnol thinks that the RB should always try to pass to Robben and that Bayern should make use of Robben more often because of his great qualities.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fussba ... 75027.html
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 pm

MUTU wrote:Former FC Bayern rightback Sagnol thinks that the RB should always try to pass to Robben and that Bayern should make use of Robben more often because of his great qualities.

this is true , and this is what used to happen when Robben had a real FB behind him (Lahm)

Boateng himself stated the his passes need improvement , and add to that he is no real RB (i would only use him there when Rafinha gets injured)

I think that When Rafinha plays behind Robben , things will change
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Mr.S wrote:
lau03143 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Boateng is not a RB. Rafinha is & he should play there regularly & develop a connection with Robben.

Also Boa-Bads is a great CB combo as you need a fast CB to cover up Bads back of pace & Buyten is not the man. I would love to see more of Gustavo at CDM. We need his speed & defensive abilities in the midfield. I hope to see Gustavo-Tymo.

I'm in agreement with you here.

But where would Schweini go? I'd like to see More of Gustavo - Schweini combo!

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Schweni will play where he will. What sort of a question is this. He is THE CM,the real leader & engine of this team. Schweni-Gustavo will be a World Class combo & the build-up play will be better than Tym-Schweni,faster & defensively MUCH MUCH better than Kroos-Muller.

Kroos & Muller should alternate for the No. 10 position. With any Robbery suspension & injuries Muller can slot in their position anyway. Muller can be our Super-Sub like Fab is for Spain or sometimes Barca. Not all good players have to start. That & Muller's recent performances do not merit a starting line-up.

Rafinha playing at RB is a great thing too because Robben is barely half the player he was in 2009-2011 with Lahm at RB. Lahm makes a Gigantic Difference & is any Wingers Dream Partner as Full-Back

Ok... So a midfield of...

Tymo - Gustavo

Robben - Schweini - Ribery

So where does Kroos fit? Honestly, I understand English might not be your first language, heck, I only speak English. But your other posts lead of to believe you don't think before you type! You can't have 12 players in a team!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 am

Mr.S wrote:because Robben is barely half the player he was in 2009-2011

By that you mean it is a fair comparison 1 game against the more than 35 he played in that period?
tflags

Re: [2012-02-04] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mr.S » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:48 pm

eliasov wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Dude have you watched Evra defensively??? Recently??? He is a shadow of his former self. He is Finished. Evern last year's CHL I thought he was average. He does go on a lot of overlaps. He is the new Ashley Cole,goes forward & cant trace back & cover his defensive duties. Getting owned by Skillful wingers. He is nowhere near as good as he was.

as Overall Evra is world class , and Ashley cole this is not right thread to discuss this issue i think but you're talking like cole and evra even worst than a Joke like Braafheid ...

EVRA is shit & finished. EOD
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBM31 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am

Rafinha is pretty good with Robben. I just love it when Robben attracts defenders, Rafinha makes an overlapping run in front, and Robben gives the ball to him, with acres of space. Wonder why so many Bayern fans I know hate him so much. :? As for the Muller vs. Kroos matter, I honestly think Kroos has overwhelmingly outperformed Muller this season, so I'd prefer to give him a starting spot, with Muller taking the bench and being used for 30 minutes per game, subbing on for the former, or Robben.

On an angry note, wonder why the hell is Bayern playing such uncreative football??? :evil: Every club in Germany knows how Bayern plays and counters it(Example: Double-teaming on Robbery #-o ). I hope Jupp Heynckes wakes up to Dortmund's more diverse style of football where we are not always dependent on the wings so much, and that Bayern's players can start creating smarter passing moves on their own to prevent the opposition from having a single strategy to beat any Bayern attack thrown at them. :x I mean, our possession football is like Wenger's transfer policy. Why save up so much cash if you're not gonna use it???
FCBM31
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 am

FCBM31 wrote:Rafinha is pretty good with Robben. I just love it when Robben attracts defenders, Rafinha makes an overlapping run in front, and Robben gives the ball to him, with acres of space. Wonder why so many Bayern fans I know hate him so much. :?

what?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 pm

quaazi wrote:
FCBM31 wrote:Rafinha is pretty good with Robben. I just love it when Robben attracts defenders, Rafinha makes an overlapping run in front, and Robben gives the ball to him, with acres of space. Wonder why so many Bayern fans I know hate him so much. :?

what?

It did happen, and it was effective, largely because defenders didn't expect Robben to pass the ball :wink:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 pm

No I mean since when did Bayern fans start hating Rafinha or Robben?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I was thinking a 4-4-2 diamond formation would suit Bayern greatly. Now that Schweinsteiger is out, Bayern can line up like this:
Neuer
Rafinha-Boateng-Badstuber-Lahm
Gustavo
Robben, Ribery
Kroos
Olic/Muller, Gomez
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:31 pm

A 4-4-2 diamond usually requires wingers with high work rates. Müller and Alaba would be perfect fits into such a formation, but with Robben and Ribery out wide, it just seems way too gung-ho.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 am

quaazi wrote:A 4-4-2 diamond usually requires wingers with high work rates. Müller and Alaba would be perfect fits into such a formation, but with Robben and Ribery out wide, it just seems way too gung-ho.

Agreed. However if they are willing to do so (very unlikely that we'll try it) one of Robbery could move in the CAM position with Kroos as CM. So if we are willing to drop one of them it could look like this:

------------Gustavo------------
Muller--------------------Kroos
-------------Ribery-------------
---------Olic------Gomez------

I do not think that this is the right thing to do right now though. While Schweini is out if we keep playing a fast CB like Boateng and put Gustavo in the CDM position, I would be willing to try out the 4-1-4-1 against most defending BL teams.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:59 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I do not think that this is the right thing to do right now though. While Schweini is out if we keep playing a fast CB like Boateng and put Gustavo in the CDM position, I would be willing to try out the 4-1-4-1 against most defending BL teams.

Agree. A 4-2-3-1 with Gustavo / Kroos as CDM/CM that transforms to 4-1-4-1 (or a variation of 4-3-3, 4-1-2-3) in attack, with Kroos moving upfront beside CAM (Muller?)
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Payam » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:25 pm

We are in terms of quality the best team in the Bundesliga, but as Grosskreutz gladly pointed out, we are not showing it. Opposing teams need only to put eleven men behind the ball and we are utterly clueless - resorting to vain crosses into the box.
What can be the reason of us having this grand slump in form?

Is it that the "snugglebunny" rule of Heynckes makes our players soft? A sterner coach perhaps?

Can it be that our players aren't as happy as they say they are? I get the impression that our benchplayers are making up fuss.

Perhaps our system is faulty? Have we gone from one extreme to the other, ultra attacking to ultra defensive focus in training?

There has to be some reason beyond Schweinsteiger, we clearly have the players to play better than the last two matches. - I can't make sense of it.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Payam wrote:We are in terms of quality the best team in the Bundesliga, but as Grosskreutz gladly pointed out, we are not showing it. Opposing teams need only to put eleven men behind the ball and we are utterly clueless - resorting to vain crosses into the box.
What can be the reason of us having this grand slump in form?

Is it that the "snugglebunny" rule of Heynckes makes our players soft? A sterner coach perhaps?

Can it be that our players aren't as happy as they say they are? I get the impression that our benchplayers are making up fuss.

Perhaps our system is faulty? Have we gone from one extreme to the other, ultra attacking to ultra defensive focus in training?

There has to be some reason beyond Schweinsteiger, we clearly have the players to play better than the last two matches. - I can't make sense of it.

Lots of questions, not sure of any perfect answers but here are a few ideas...
Certainly, Bayern have the talent to be BL champion but they have become lethargic in attack and opposing teams have figured out how to play against our team's system, it has become too predictable. Heynckes is a good coach but something needs to change in order for Bayern to maximize the talent on the pitch.

As for a sterner coach, we saw what happened with that approach with LvG, so I don't believe that is the answer. I like the fact Lahm made some public comments about the team's lack of aggresiveness, as I believe a good captain needs to pass out praise and criticism to consistently motivate his team. Lahm and Schweinsteiger both need to do more of that. Think back to the days Oliver Kahn was our captain and how he did things and reacted both on and off the pitch. The current team needs that kind of an asskicker, so hopefully Lahm can become more "Kahn-like."

As for the system, I don't think the basic system needs to change, but the coaching staff need to know their opponents strengths and weaknesess and make the necessary adjustments to beat them, they can't just rely on the same old setup week in and week out.

As for Bastian, he makes a big difference and is a matchmaker. It was clear in the last match that the Gustavo/Alaba pairing in central midfield didn't come close to a Schweini/Tymo setup.

I think at this time in the season it's up to the players to make things happen. They need to become a team again instead of individual players trying to do it alone. Granted, it's up to the coach to select who plays but once the first whistle blows it is in the players hands and they need to do more.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion