You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I would love for us to play like this...

................GOMEZ............
Ribery........MULLER.......ROBBEN
..........KROOS.....SCHWEINI......

With Kroos little more behind we can control the midfield with passing and tehnique instead of strenght [Gustav-Schweini].

Muller`s stamina is top so he would help in defending when ever possible. So I dont see us "less defensive" with this tactics.

I would love this and I am sure so would everyone else here, but even Barca (who are the masters of controlling the midfield with passing) play with that Gustavo type of player. If we were to try this, I would go with Aequitas' suggestion of playing Gustavo and Boateng as CBs (which was, after all, my preferred option during the summer).

Schweini is that Gustavo tipe of player....I am sure that Schweini is stronger than Busquets when it comes to strenght and stamina.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 pm

dambun wrote:IMO if we want to play a control-with-passing style of the game, then we need to leave Gomez out of the line-up... he's not fluent enough with the ball to be used in the system, so our chain of successive passing gets interrupted everytime he gets involved... as a result our defense gets under a lot of pressure that's not supposed to be happening in this style of play...

If we wanted to use that system, we would have used Mueller as ST and Kroos as CAM... But with Gomez in the team, it clearly isn't our game-plan... so we probably need an extra CDM...

I understand what you mean, but at the same time Gomez would benefit a lot from having such brilliant passers alongside him
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Schweini is that Gustavo tipe of player....I am sure that Schweini is stronger than Busquets when it comes to strenght and stamina.

Well... Schweini is certainly very strong.... question is, will he adapt to that very defensive role, or even does he want to??
Jogi Loew has tried this a few times... for example against Brasil... But it kind of failed in the defensive part.... I guess we'll know the answer soon with the Nationalmannschaft....

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I understand what you mean, but at the same time Gomez would benefit a lot from having such brilliant passers alongside him

you're seeing the pro and not the con.... Gomez's qualities makes this particular system to fail defensively....
It's a choice to make.... Either we should imply this system without Gomez as main striker, or we should have Gomez as striker and change the tactical plan.... the "both" plan will fail as we've seen with LvG....

With Gomez, I think our main game-plan should be something like Real under Mourinho, not Barca....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 pm

dambun wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:Schweini is that Gustavo tipe of player....I am sure that Schweini is stronger than Busquets when it comes to strenght and stamina.

Well... Schweini is certainly very strong.... question is, will he adapt to that very defensive role, or even does he want to??
Jogi Loew has tried this a few times... for example against Brasil... But it kind of failed in the defensive part.... I guess we'll know the answer soon with the Nationalmannschaft....

I also don't think Schweini is up for the true CDM role - at least not yet. That's why I'm not in favor of a duo of Schweini-Kroos in DM. Maybe after 2-3 years when Schweini would be older and Kroos would be more efficient in defensive duties.

dambun wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I understand what you mean, but at the same time Gomez would benefit a lot from having such brilliant passers alongside him

you're seeing the pro and not the con.... Gomez's qualities makes this particular system to fail defensively....
It's a choice to make.... Either we should imply this system without Gomez as main striker, or we should have Gomez as striker and change the tactical plan.... the "both" plan will fail as we've seen with LvG....

With Gomez, I think our main game-plan should be something like Real under Mourinho, not Barca....

Agree. That's why Ibra -who is certainly a very technical gifted player was a failure in Barca. Same goes for Gomez as he is a similar type of player.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

we should take a step forward in tactics

we need a "Schweinsteiger type of player" next to schweinsteiger ,to a real 6

Kevin-Prince Boateng would be perfect

or

Kroos should evolve to that player
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Element wrote:we need a "Schweinsteiger type of player" next to schweinsteiger ,to a real 6

If we're going for this then Kroos is the man. But will this work? I really have no idea tbh, but we would be playing very beautiful football if it did
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Element wrote:we need a "Schweinsteiger type of player" next to schweinsteiger ,to a real 6

If we're going for this then Kroos is the man. But will this work? I really have no idea tbh, but we would be playing very beautiful football if it did

I think Kroos and Schweinsteiger together in the centre would be great. Once Schweini is back... Line up for me should be...

Neuer

Rafiniha --- Boateng --- Van Buyten --- Lahm

Kroos --- Schweini

Robben --- Mueller --- Ribery

Gomez
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Today we played like this:

--------Tymo------Kroos----------
Robben-----Muller-------Ribery--
-------------Gomez-----------------

and we attacked very well as a unit. No player was ever isolated and found himself without supporter from other teammates. In almost every attack the player with the ball had several players to pass too, or of course the option to shoot himself.

Tymo usually goes further up than Gustavo (probably in search of a loose ball outside the box :P ) and in fact Stuttgart did get several chances. I wasn't really worried today, I kind of knew we would win after the red card. However I wouldn't want us to give those opportunities to a better team. If we just put in Schweini instead of Tymo it will probably be something similar. However Schweini is so much better than Tymo and he would help out much more than Tymo offensively, that I still think it's worth a shot. Experiment a little with it against small teams.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 pm

It's probably too soon yet, but what do you guys think that should be the lineup in Mönchengladbach next January 20th?

With all our players fit it would be nice to see Kroos--Schweini duo in the midfield, but I'm not sure if it is going to work playing away to a great counterattacking team like Gladbach so it is either Kroos or Müller to be benched
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Away to Gladbach is a bitch. We need a defensive player next to the recovering Schweini there.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:32 am

Yes, but Kroos or Müller as CAM?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Greek Bavarian » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:35 am

Until then we may have more dilemmas, especially if we buy Reus.
Of course I don't believe we can buy him in the middle of the season...
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:33 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:It's probably too soon yet, but what do you guys think that should be the lineup in Mönchengladbach next January 20th?

I think it won't be wise to play against Gladbach with such a risky lineup against a Gladbach team that is very cliniclal and effective on the break and very compact in defense.... Against them, we should take a very cautious and safe approach IMO....

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, but Kroos or Müller as CAM?

Let's not rush such decisions.... First, It's just too much of wishful thinking to expect all our attacking players to be fit for that match... we have a few certain glassy players after all... Second, I just hope Thomas Mueller gets completely fit by then... and when/if he does, not only Kroos but also Ribery and Robben should be fearful of their starting places... :wink: Third, the best scenario would be to have them all fit, in which case we'll have the luxury of actually rotating them and resting 1 per match which will definitely help them staying energetic and on-form for the rest of the season.....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 am

quaazi wrote:Away to Gladbach is a bitch. We need a defensive player next to the recovering Schweini there.

Agreed. They are at home and with their current form, and our away record, they won't be afraid to attack us. Tymo/Gustavo should play that game.

As for CAM, not sure either
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's a win-win situation, Robben's risk of injury reduces and Alaba gets playing time.

Or if Ribery and Kroos are both fit, Mueller will get some playing time :mrgreen:
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion