You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Also to add if you want a Sweeper there is none better than Badstuber

Yeah... Badstuber is like a sweeper who plays level with the rest of the defense. Call him a modern sweeper if you like. There aren't many players like him.

So if we were to bring back the sweeper role, I too think that Badstuber's the man.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:57 pm

I don't think Holger's fast and agile enough to mark Messi. That'd just be a disaster.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah but you cant beat Messi at his own game, you cant out manouever him or keep up with his speed and agility. If you look at the times Messi gets marked out of the game its usually by an experienced defender who use intelligence and positioning to mark him out of the game.

I.E. Nesta
or Zanetti
or Samuel

You either throttle his supply such is the case with Argentina (cause they have godawful teamwork + midfield) or you misdirect him away from the goal using intelligence and positioning and timing of tackles. Which Badstuber is good at.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Yeah but you cant beat Messi at his own game, you cant out manouever him or keep up with his speed and agility. If you look at the times Messi gets marked out of the game its usually by an experienced defender who use intelligence and positioning to mark him out of the game.

I.E. Nesta
or Zanetti
or Samuel

Or Lahm. Do you remember Bayern vs Barcelona when Messi had to switch to the left flank because he was being completely owned by Lahm? :)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Unfortunately there are tenfold more examples of that same approach going wrong rather than right. Not to mention that hoping that Badstuber can muster the individual class of Nesta, arguably the best defender of the last decade, is... a bit optimistic, at best.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 pm

True but I think if Schweini and Badstuber work in tandem they could mark Messi out of the game.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 am

We're talking about playing a 5-man defense with Schweini in front of it. With Schweini, Gustavo, and Boateng ahead, Badstuber should have all the time he needs to position himself well, in case the others don't win the ball first.

And btw, there's still Neuer :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medjahedm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 pm

So now that it seems Schweini will not be back until January, what are everyones thoughts regarding possible formations? IMO the two most logical players to benefit from his absence will be Tymo and/or Alaba. I think a lot depends on whether or not Heynckes will want to stick with the 4-2-3-1 that we've been playing. If thats the case there are a few possibilities. Tymo could fill in next to Gustavo leaving the attacking component of our system intact (but reducing the connection and fluidity of our midfield & attack). Kroos could drop back into Schweini's position with Alaba playing either RW or CAM (however, I dont really like Alaba in an attacking position besides LW). Alaba could play in Schweinis position which would also leave our attack unchanged (this would put a lot of pressure on Alaba as the link between our midfield and attack is one of, if not the most important position on our team).

However, I would really like to see us try some variation of a 4-3-3, at least against some of the weaker teams that we play. Against these teams, we could play like this:

--------------Defense----------------
---------Tymo/Gustavo-------------
-----Kroos----------Alaba-----------
Muller-------------------Ribery-----
------------Gomez-------------------

and against some of the tougher teams we play, we could line up like this:

--------------Defense----------------
---------Tymo----Gustavo----------
---------------Kroos------------------
Muller-------------------Ribery-----
------------Gomez-------------------

With Kroos dropping back to provide a link between Midfield and Attack instead of playing as a CAM.

Additionally, there is the possibility of an attacking line up with Kroos playing Schweinis position and Olic or Usami filling into the remaining attacking position. So what are everyones opinions of the pros & cons of the different possibilities? Did I forget any other options?
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

I think putting Kroos in the CM role should be our best bet.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby The Spyware » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 am

I think Kroos should continue at his role which is very good at ,, and Put Alaba for Schweini
Alaba skills is fantastic for a CM , He has good technique and ball control , Great stamina he keeps running and running , Good passer and distributer and he moves very very well off the ball and also improved his finishing

I hope to see him there I am very optimistic that he will shine alot there and we won't then miss Schweini that much

it's just about a courageous decision from Heyckes to put him there
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AvatarX » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 am

I would put Kroos instead of Schweini the way Loew use him.
Muller as CAM and Alaba or Usami as RAM until Robben comes back:

------------------Defense------------------
-------Tymo/Gustavo----Kroos-----------
--Alaba----------Muller----------Ribery--
--------------------Gomez-----------------
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 am

Alaba is basically our RIbery understudy now, so I don't think he'll play in CM anymore. Really looks like his place is of a winger.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Now that Schweini won't play until new year, everyone needs to step up their game a bit to make up for the loss of Bastian.... I personally think Alaba is the player we should bring in for Schweini (not necessarily in his place)..... I think he has earned it with his fine performances this season and it's time he gets a bigger role in the team.....

I like to see Kross filling Schweini's shoes (at lease we should try it I believe).... And Alaba and Mueller can switch positions between CAM and RAM during the course of the game... which will give our playing a shade of unpredictability.... Another option would be to use Kroos and Alaba as two #8 ahead of one defensive midfielder.... What I don't want us to get used to, is to use Tymo and Gustavo as our main CDMs.... Because this would make us weak offensively against strong opponents....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby tflags » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Hate to break the speculation run but we have some news. Heynkes had a press conference today in which he announced he will not reshuffle the team but rather just replace Basti's position until he comes back. Here, the entire excerpt from TZ's article:

"I'm naturally a clear idea of ​​play let who I am," the coach said first telling, and then to suggest yet: "I will only change the position." Meaning, Heynckes will probably not retire Toni Kroos from offensive to defensive midfield and thereby seek further reshuffles, but David Alaba muster instead of Schweinsteiger.

I don't think Heynkes is going for Alaba as suggested by TZ but rather a Gustavo/Tymo combination.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 75359.html
tflags

Postby OhioFan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 pm

tflags wrote:Hate to break the speculation run but we have some news. Heynkes had a press conference today in which he announced he will not reshuffle the team but rather just replace Basti's position until he comes back. Here, the entire excerpt from TZ's article:

"I'm naturally a clear idea of ​​play let who I am," the coach said first telling, and then to suggest yet: "I will only change the position." Meaning, Heynckes will probably not retire Toni Kroos from offensive to defensive midfield and thereby seek further reshuffles, but David Alaba muster instead of Schweinsteiger.

I don't think Heynkes is going for Alaba as suggested by TZ but rather a Gustavo/Tymo combination.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 75359.html

He may use the Gustavo/Tymo combo for Augsburg (he could put Butt out there at CDM and we would still win!) but I bet he will use a surpisingly different combo when we play Dortmund.
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion