You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Element » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Jupp Heynckes said that he is NOT rigidly bound to a specific tactic like Van Gaal

and that our main formation is going to be 4-2-3-1

but against weaker teams , we MIGHT use a classic 4-4-2

and in EMERGENCY CASES , we MIGHT play with a 4-1-3-2
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Jupp Heynckes said that he is rigidly bound to a specific tactic like Van Gaal

and that our main formation is going to be 4-2-3-1

but against weaker teams , we MIGHT use a classic 4-4-2

and in EMERGENCY CASES , we MIGHT play with a 4-1-3-2

It looks like he will start working with we know already works and he will just try to refine it more. It would suck if we go through another painful period of experimentation Van Gaal style.

Personally I would've love to see this:

Muller----Gomez-----Robben

Kroos-----Gustavo-----Schweini

Lahm---CB----CB------Rafinha

------------Neuer--------------

With RIbery as out supersub.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 am

Don't know whether this is the right topic, but definitely more on topic than where it was:

Aequitas1987 wrote:Same, with the right defensive minded team / coach. Badstuber will SHINE. His ability to playmake from the defensive line should not go unnoticed.

Yes he is slow
Yes he makes some errors

But in his debut season many people on this board agree that he was one of THE most consistent players of ours till winter break (including me).

His intelligence is high
His positional awareness is good
His heading/set piece defense is alright (needs some help)
His linkup/passing/technical skills is amazing.

I predict us to score quite a few goals thanks to Badstuber and Neuer's distribution abilities from the backline.

Oh and yeah, Howedes is never coming to us (Cheap on topic :lol: )

100% agree, and I have to add that he is quite mature for his age.

Badstuber can and I think will become a great CB. However, like I said in another thread, lately we are becoming a little obsessed with youngsters. Badstuber can make it, but I don't think that we should make him our starter and hope he delivers. We should either by 2 CBs and loan him out, or else by 2 CBs and keep him, and let him try and break into the team.

It is hard to play at the top level, with so many games every season, from the beginning of your career. Even Muller struggled a little in some games both last season and the one before. Badstuber should be loaned out, at least for a year, so that he can develop in peace, especially his mentality.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Neuer will help in that, but an experienced partner is a must. I don't know if Boateng can do it, at least he seems to be fine with Gustavo.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Jupp Heynckes Said that the Defense needs more Stable

Heynckes said "Offensive wins games , but defense wins championships , We must be more stable in Defense"

"In offense , FC Bayern Have Creativity , Fantasy and Class . But it has to be hard to score a goal against us ,Bayern must appear more compact and stronger in defense ,we are intensively going to Work on that during the next few weeks"

"Defending does not begin in the 4-player backline , it begins from the front , All must contribute in Defense , There must be A BALANCE"
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:05 pm

What I've been preaching for months. We just need improvement on the pitch too.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:57 am

Well, with the recent developments I think we are starting to see the general idea that Heynckes has in mind for the squad. It looks like his preferred line-up would be

-------------------Gomez------------------
---Ribery---------Müller--------Robben--
-------Vidal/Tymo------Schweini---------
-Lahm---Badstuber--Boateng--Rafinha-
-------------------Neuer-------------------

With Tymo obviously playing if Vidal is not bought. Gustavo might take Badstuber's place, but I doubt it, in any case it looks more likely that he'll get minutes in the CB slot rather than the CDM slot. Petersen will be given his chance at random matches, same for Olic. Usami and Kroos will be the Robbery backups, Pranjic will be the utility man in case everyone dies or something, Contento will be Lahm's backup, Köz might get minutes if Rafinha is injured and Boateng and Lahm can't fill in the RB position, van Buyten will get minutes if the other guys need a rest, Breno is written off by Jupp as too injury prone.

Can't say I don't like the sound of that line-up, though. If we manage to nick Vidal somehow, I can seriously see us in the CL final contesting Barcelona.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 pm

quaazi wrote:-------------------Gomez------------------
---Ribery---------Müller--------Robben--
-------Vidal/Tymo------Schweini---------
-Lahm---Badstuber--Boateng--Rafinha-
-------------------Neuer-------------------

I like this line-up, but I would prefer getting Alex over Vidal right now (and getting Vidal next year), so we could have Alex-Boateng as CBs and Tymo/Gustavo for the spot in CDM (Gustavo could be also a CB backup)...
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby München Minded » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Yep -- Definitely Alex over Badstuber would make for even a more impressive lineup. With all the talk about how weak we were defensively last season, if we only go for Boateng and not Alex then I will be dissapointed. I know Bayern think that Gustavo is versatile and can play in CB I would love to see Alex finalized.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Conquistador » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:44 am

Why obviously Tymo besides Gustavo? Gustavo is better than Tymo and is younger. And Heynckes has been using GUstavo.

This is the best formation.

Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 am

Heynckes plain said that Tymo can look forward to getting a lot of minutes under him. I don't have anything against either, though frankly I think Gustavo would be a better fit against stronger teams where his defensive capabilities can be useful, while Tymo is better in the regular Bundesliga games where we can expect more possession.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 pm

I think this season Bayern has a strong bench besides the starting eleven, well almost anyway.

Defense:

Goalkeeper: Butt is a reliable backup goalkeeper. Ok, he is nowhere near Neuer's level, but if he is then Neuer wouldn't be needed. :P
    Fullback: Contento will cover Lahm's position. He is a good backup although inconsistent. I hope Contento gets some playing time, because I certainly don't want Lahm to play the 'don't-know-how-many-games-he-played' consecutive match. He needs a rest from time to time. Bayern doesn't have a proper backup for Rafinha although there are several options. First is Lahm replaces him and Contento fills in at LB which is undesirable (Lahm swapping positions back and forth) or second is Boateng filling at RB and DVB/Breno replacing him at CB which is also undesirable :!:
    Center-back: Here's where the almost part comes in. IMO Bayern doesn't have a proper CB backup. I consider DVB more reliable as a ST backup then as a CB :!: And with Breno still unfit and lacking match practice and confidence, it does not look promising. That's why Bayern needs another CB, preferably experienced (hint: Alex :P). This way if Boateng needs to fill in a full back position, Alex and Badstuber will be the CB pairing or if one of Alex or Boateng gets injured there is always one available although both can get injured but that's have to be just bad luck.

Midfield:

This is where Bayern's bench is the strongest. There are several players who can actually be in the starting lineup instead of the bench.

Defensive Midfield: It will either be Tymo or Gustavo the sub plus others who can also fill in that position when needed but these are the proper two. OK, one of them is going to play more than the other but that doesn't mean they shouldn't play together. Yes, Schweini as Lahm must get some rest from time to time.
    Side Midfield: Abundant of players who can play in this position. Let's start with the forgotten man :P, Pranjic. He had some good games in the past in the LM position, he isn't reliable as a full back IMO and neither in DM. I think he won't have much playing time since there are other players ahead of him in the pecking order. Next is Alaba who after the loan spell at Hoffenheim, it has really helped his confidence and had more match practice. A good Ribery backup. The new man, Usami. Can't say much about him but if he realizes his potential, he can be a super sub. Kroos can also play as a side midfielder who played well in that position with Leverkusen. Lastly fan favourite Olic, who IMO Bayern missed dearly besides Robben's first six months. He doesn't deserve to be on the bench but there is no place for him in the starting line up. Olic comes in the 75th minute of a match and if he still got the stamina, he will be a nightmare for the defenders. With his constant running and pressure on the opponents, they will tire early and Bayern's attackers may find it easier to get pass through them. Another super sub.
    Also in the near future, there could be another player for the midfield position who also seems to be really talented. :wink:
    Advanced Midfielder/Second Striker: Kroos and Usami will backup Muller in this position

Attack:

Petersen impressed in the friendlies, scoring in all three of them. He also seems to link up well with Ribery unlike Gomez. He will be a good sub for Gomez and might also take his spot but unlikely unless Gomez transforms into Gomiss. Muller and Olic can also backup but not their best positions. Also don't forget DVB in extreme circumstances. :P

I can't wait to see and I mean this in a positive way, Robbery, Schweini, Lahm, Gomez, Muller on the bench in some matches. I am not saying they should all be together on the bench in some matches but maybe a match where for example Robben and Muller or Robbery or Gomez and Schweini are on the bench resting before an important CL match and they might get subbed in for the last 15 minutes of the match. To have that luxury is really important for a team competing in 3 competitions. A good rotation policy is really important for everyone to be happy and fit all the time. Hope Heynckes manages the rotation well.

When was the last time where you looked at the Bayern bench and said wow we've got promising and talented players who I can't wait to see in action or Ribery and Muller on the bench and not Braafheid, Pranjic and DVB only available as subs? Shame though about the CB sub part. Alex is missing and with him the sub bench will be complete.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:55 pm

See, I never thought of Olic as a super sub. Mainly because his stamina enables him to outrun everyone else even if he's been playing the full 90 minutes earlier. It's kinda a waste to sub him in late.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby medjahedm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

With Ribery continuously getting injured I dont think it is responsible to base our formation and tactics on him being a starter. I really think its time for Kroos and Alaba to show up and really prove to everyone that they deserve a starting role. This is probably their best chance to seize a starting place because slots dont open up too often when you have names like Ribery and Robben. Either way, I can see us gradually shifting from the 4-2-3-1 that we have been playing to more of a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 with the players we have at our disposal. Its easy to look at last season and say that our attack is the strongest part of our game with Ribery, Muller, Robben, Gomez, and this season Olic, but i think we have just as much skill and talent in the central midfield positions (CDM, CM, and CAM). With Ribery turning 29 this year his pace and acceleration are decreasing along with his stamina. As others have also said, his long term future could be at the CAM position which would allow him to slot into the formation im thinking of with ease. Depending on who impresses more, we could play the following when Ribery is out:

Tymo/Gustavo-----Schweinsteiger
----------------Kroos------------------
-----------------------------------------
Robben------------------------Muller
---------------Gomez-----------------

or
-----------Tymo/Gustavo------------
--Schweinsteiger------Alaba--------
-----------------------------------------
Robben------------------------Muller
---------------Gomez-----------------

With Ribery replacing Muller, Kroos, or Alaba if hes fit and in form. Thats another reason that I prefer this formation. It will allow Muller to get more rest which he desperately needs. He always burns out after a while during the season because he has been expected to start and play almost every game. Hes to young to be able to cope with that both mentally and physically and allowing him to take a game off every few games or come on from the bench will help him play at a higher level more continuously. In addition, the formation allows Schweini a bit more creative freedom than he has at the DM position in a 4-2-3-1 without him having to play in the 10 role. Hes a perfect box to box CM which is why a 4-3-3 suits him more than a 4-2-3-1. The only problem i see with this is Müller needs to learn to play LAM as well as he does RAM and CAM, but hes young and talented and Im sure he'll be able to make the position his.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm

If our Defense keeps working

(Boateng and Rafinha did are doing well so far , Lahm is A Legend and Badstuber is Playing good with those 3 with him , also Neuer is top , and Schweinsteiger is helping a lot)

Then What Do You think of Letting Kroos Start as Deep-lying playmaker next to Schweinsteiger ?

Add : Assuming that Robbery's injuries Cool down a bit and dont happen every 2 weeks

if their injuries remain , then Mueller stays on the wings (Depending on the injured STAR) and Kroos goes on 10 , with Tymoschuk as 6 next to schweinsteiger
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion