You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, if we're counting on Kroos as a Robbery backup than we must change the formation to make it work for him, and not just put him in Robbery's position (or Muller's) in our normal formation
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:36 pm

It would be nice to actually see an Asian player succeed at Bayern like they have at other Bundesliga teams -- I hope Usami gets going so we can see him as Robbery backup.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

What changed in defence under Heynckes?

Postby cyberalex » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

As of today, Bayern have officially kept 5 clean sheets out of 6 competitive games and only 1 goal conceded. Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Eintracht Braunschweig, Zurich (twice) not only failed to score but also failed to create anything meaningful. Moenchengladbach were the only team to score but that was following a one-off mistake and not a well-played ball. So what did actually change so far?

While it's safe to say that none of those teams is likely to make headlines this season but it's also true that under Van Gaal and Klinsmann, we would have seen a flurry of chances against our team even if we did manage to keep a clean sheet or two.
I read a statement for Lahm saying that Bayern are regrouping brilliantly following a loss of possession. Clark whitney analysed that Bayern's back two are also defending deeper than last year, thus their exposure to lack of pace is reduced.
- So a Badstuber-Boateng pair is being protected by a better midfield defending/ regrouping, deeper defending and better pace. So that should be reason 1 for our defensive improvement (so far).
- In Lahm and Rafinha, we got two agile, technically gifted, tactically aware, aggressive, fast-paced and experienced full backs. Both are made to play in their respective positions. Pranjic, Badstuber, Alaba and Altintop are not natural fulbacks, while Braafheid was a mess and contento lacked experience. So that should be reason number two.
- In Manuel Neuer, we got ourselves a change in goalkeeping style. Manuel's style is risky. He doesn't just stay on his line hoping to make a fine save or a reflex to earn a high rating on goal.com, but rather he uses some unorthodox, yet effective methods.
Manu will go for high balls/ crosses to make early interceptions, will race to the edge of the penalty area to clear danger, will take a couple of steps away his goal-line to narrow the angle and so on... All this will expose us to potential mistakes (Gladbach), cruelly unfortunate events (Inter's opening goal vs. Schalke) but is brilliant when it works (and it's proven that it works).
There's also another point: Manuel is not only so important for his trademark reflexes (which we have yet to see at Bayern) but at least for me, I think a goalkeeper can actually prevent a chance from happening, and that's as important if not more, than saving it. Our goalkeeper collects the ball easily with his feet or handles it brilliantly, makes long clearances, launches counterattacks, plays as a Libero at times and thus minimizing the chances-against factor.
In brief, defence is getting deeper a bit, Goalkeeper is defending higher a bit which makes the whole unit much more compact. The only downside I see with Manu's style are those ever-lighter synthetic balls with odd trajectories. In all cases, that should be reason number three.

It's still too early but the early defensive signs are not bad at all... hopefully!
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved here from own thread
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: What changed in defence under Heynckes?

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 am

Neuer's sweeper keeper antics are a joy to behold, that's true.

Also, in all fairness, Wolfsburg scored a perfectly valid goal against us, it just wasn't counted.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: What changed in defence under Heynckes?

Postby München Minded » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:02 pm

quaazi wrote:...

Also, in all fairness, Wolfsburg scored a perfectly valid goal against us, it just wasn't counted.

What goal? :mrgreen: If it didn't count it isn't remembered -- although we have been screwed so many times by us scoring and it not counting. Damn those refs.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm

München Minded wrote: If it didn't count it isn't remembered

Tell that to Frank Lampard :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
München Minded wrote: If it didn't count it isn't remembered

Tell that to Frank Lampard :mrgreen:

LOL -- nice.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Element » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Tell that to Frank Lampard

Lampard in a Press conference

Reporter : What is your Favorite Goal that you have scored

Lampard : My goal vs Germany 2010

Reporter : But You did not score in that match mr.Lampard

Lampard : I did , and it was great , but the Referee did not count it

Reporter : Sorry Sir , but i watched the match and cant remember it

Lampard (asking the 200 people who are attending the press conference) : Could anyone of you remind that man and also describe him the goal

All People Screaming : WHAT GOAL ?

Lampard : :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I think I finally understand why Usami is not playing or sitting on the bench.

Apart from the already mentioned ideas of he "needs to toughen up a bit" and he "needs a break after the Japanese league", I think there's another reason which is probably what is holding Jupp back. In his time here, Heynckes has struggled, and succeeded, to create a good defense, and everyone is helping out both going forward and defending. I think our Japanese kid still needs a translator for now and that would make working in a team and following instructions really hard. It would disrupt the well-disciplined system Heynckes has set up.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 pm

I think you are right and those 2 reasons you mentioned are also true.

It is not so easy to just drop in and play for a top club...he needs time to get stronger and to get used to the European football/tactics.

I dont think he will become another Donovan...he showed he has the potential and Jupp is only giving him time to gel in slowly. When the time comes he will be given some more minutes but till then he needs to work on his stamina, language, tactics etc...

I have great hopes for this kid and I believe he will deliver as he is not afraid to take risks [as we could see in some friendlies]. That just means he has the will to make it in Europe and with time he will deliver.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:58 pm

I think his lack of physical fitness (when compared to our other players, obviously he can outrun me even when blindfolded) also plays a part in him not helping out the defense.

In the end, this is all a matter of time - poor kid's 19 and has to learn a new language as well as put his body (and mind) under unprecedented pressure. So I'm okay with him not being a regular, even though I'd like him to make some cameos against weaker opponents (upcoming Freiburg game, for example).
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

He Has No big Time , dont Forget that he is only loaned

However , He has A Big Chance to become a Main Bayern player

Because if he shows that he is skilled , He will Be ROBBERY's Back-up , which means that he will play every game

Either as starter because they are highly injury prone

or Subbed in in the 65th minute or so
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 am

sch0ll7 wrote:I have great hopes for this kid and I believe he will deliver as he is not afraid to take risks [as we could see in some friendlies]. That just means he has the will to make it in Europe and with time he will deliver.

Yeah, he is very ambitious

Element wrote:He Has No big Time , dont Forget that he is only loaned

That's the main concern. He probably won't be getting any serious playing time until after January.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Been playing with this idea:

Non Robben days:
---------------Gomez------
Franck---Kroos---Schewini---Mǘeller
---------------Gus-------------------
the rest of your usual suspects.

Robben matches:
---------------Gomez----------------
Franck---Kroos---Mϋeller---Robben
----------------Schewini--------------

The thing is this formation opens up more possibilities for our wingers to pass to a decent shooting position to our attacking midfielders in case Gomez is either offside or heavily blocked. Kroos & Schewini have pretty decent long shooting abilities and if Mϋeller moves to central, he can do his nice runs into area fouls or assists to Gomez.
tflags

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Of course that's ignoring the fact that Jupp plain said he isn't going to use the 4-1-4-1.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion