You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-08-15] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Hamburger SV will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2018-08-15] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:50 pm

FT 1-4
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Overall, i think it was a great game by Bayern.

Coman was superb, Sanches looked good after his injury, Leon was good, in Wagner we have decent backup for Lewandowski, his second goal was fantastic. Muller also with very good game.
The young guys played good, i like the team spirit, everyone was looking happy and the team performances are showing that Kovac is doing a great job with the youngsters.

The only 2 negatives for me from the game are:

Ulreich playing with fire couple of times, and his passing was OFF tonight..
Ribery was ineffective for the whole second half...
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Ribery was ineffective for the whole second half...

This really makes me nervous, if Coman gets injured and misses important CL games we are completely fucked on the left wing. Ribery might still have the dribbling and passing to play inside, but without his legs he’s too easy to mark out of the game. I hope Davies is ready to step up because I have a feeling he’s going to be needed come January.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Coman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:06 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Sanches looked good after his injury

You watch games with Ribéry's hate in your mind and probably a little bit Sanches hype.

Sanches was awful. Ribéry was ok.
FC Bayern 2020/21 : Neuer (Nübel) - Dest (Pavard) Süle (Kouassi) Alaba (Hernandez) Davies (Hernandez) - Kimmich (Fein) Thiago (Goretzka) - Gnabry (Coman) Müller (Cuisance) Sané (Perisic) - Lewandowski (Zirkzee)
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Coman wrote:

You watch games with Ribéry's hate in your mind and probably a little bit Sanches hype.

His only good game was against United. He stopped being the player that he is claiming that he is at the moment, after his long injury in 2015. You are the only person here who is OK with him, I respect that.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Coman wrote:

His only good game was against United. He stopped being the player that he is claiming that he is at the moment, after his long injury in 2015. You are the only person here who is OK with him, I respect that.

Yeah, this. I love Ribéry, but he is so far past it at this point.
Numbers trending downward in almost all major categories.
Measurably slower - compare his sprints over the past few years and he's slowed down big time. I can't tell you how many times this preseason already I've seen someone play a good pass, Ribery with a five meter head start on the defender and some random fullback from god only knows where beats him to the ball without breaking a sweat.

What we really should ask ourselves is this.
Hypothetically, if Bayern and Ribery agreed to tear up his contract and he was available on a free transfer tomorrow....
How many clubs in the BL would sign him? How many would he start for?

Or perhaps better. We always hear "well he's not going to be a starter this year*. we need him for depth still" (*I'll believe this when I see it)

How many top clubs (Madrid, Barca, City, PSG, Juve, whoever) - how many of them would sign Ribery even as a backup at this point? I'd be shocked if any of them would.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Ribery was ineffective for the whole second half...

This really makes me nervous, if Coman gets injured and misses important CL games we are completely **** on the left wing. Ribery might still have the dribbling and passing to play inside, but without his legs he’s too easy to mark out of the game. I hope Davies is ready to step up because I have a feeling he’s going to be needed come January.

I already have way too much hope in Fonsi than what would be healthy...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Coman wrote:

Remember also that bias is a two way street. Have you considered that perhaps it's possible *you're* "watching games with Sanches hate in your mind" and perhaps a bit of Ribery hype?

Just as there are people who will criticize Ribery at every turn - so also are those who apparently wish to see Sanches fail. I don't know why - perhaps so they can say "I told you so" or something? To show that we shouldn't spend on young talent? But no matter what he does - there are always critics.

On the whole, Sanches played quite well in the first 30 minutes or so. Keep in mind also that he was paired with Rudy - who has been in awful form for months - and Goretzka, who, while playing a good game, has also only been training with the team for a short period of time - and of course the piecemeal defense behind him, too. We should consider the circumstances when evaluating a performance. I think it's safe to say if Sanches had been slotted in a "starting XI" quality side - say partnered up with Thiago and James or something like that - he'd have looked much better, too. And heck - early on he was getting triple-teamed at every touch. And was just back from injury. Etc.

It sure wasn't a world-beater performance, and it's true that some (I'm guilty of this at times) are too harsh on Ribery and have a bit of a bias against him...but to claim Sanches was awful - without at least contextualizing the circumstances - probably reveals a bit of bias, too. At this point, he could put in a flawless performance and you'd still hear people complaining that his shirt had too many creases or he laced his boots wrong.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 am

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am

ramsej84 wrote:TOR...

V p d Hsv

May you rot in in 2.Liga for many years to come

I hope you're wrong.

I want them to get relegated
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Friendlies