You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-07-31] Bayern Munich vs Olympique Marseille

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
80%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Olympique de Marseille will win
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2020-07-31] Bayern Munich vs Olympique Marseille

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:15 pm

MUTU wrote:I don't know about you, but I think the lack of match fitness showed. I think it was quite silly to do a match against a French club. They should have done it against a club that's been recently playing competitive matches so you gauge the effect of match fitness. Just playing against an even less match fit club doesn't prove anything. I saw a lot of misplaced passes, players who were walking around and generally more mistakes than usual. We need to be better than that against Chelsea.
Keep in mind many clubs will want to avoid unnecessary matches so opponents were hard to come by.

I am happy enough given the circumstances. We were better than we were in the first fame back post-Covid imo and we only needed 1 game to get back to form then. We are good enough to handle Chelsea and that will give us more match practice.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:23 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"][quote="PunkCapitalist"][quote="FCBayernMunchen"]RIP Chelsea
Seriously? I'm not watching, isn't the team rusty?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
We look decent enough. Chelsea need us to be terrible.

Chelsea will provide a good second match for rhythm. After that hopefully we’re fully back.
For some strange reason, this forum suddenly became convinced that Tolisso is a bad midfielder and Goretzka a genius. Nothing further from the truth.

Tolisso + Thiago were a superb midfield against Madrid one or two years ago. Tolisso was always great at arriving to the box (like Goretzka) but also has actually midfielding abilities (unlike Goretzka). Everyone here has the memory of Finding Nemo's Dory.

(Ups didn't mean to quote you on that hahah)

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]Also, you're too old to be watching Disney movies [/quote]1) ok boomer
2) I haven't actually watched it, but do understand the reference lol

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]I‘m not a boomer though...

But I guess you were kidding just like me...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Evan van Essen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Couldn't watch the game due to work but were lucas and sule any good?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:51 pm

I have mixed feelings about this one

On one hand, you could clearly see that system, tactics, movements ... everything was amazing. Flick has taken us to the next level.

But at the same time I'm quite worried because the lack of fitness was more than evident. This looked like a regular pre season friendly and not a match played just one week before the Champions League knock out phase. And the fact that Chelsea are still playing competitive games doesn't help either

Luckily we have a 3 goal lead to defend
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:55 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:Couldn't watch the game due to work but were lucas and sule any good?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

Yes, they were good. Lucas played the full second half and looked great, there was not much work for Süle as he came on later. :roll:
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby guday » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:10 pm

my worry is our attacking midfield - muller/ coutinho, neither of them perform well, muller keep drifting away from goal area where more bodies beside lewa needed, esp when the cross is coming from the wings, hansi need to tell him that if opposing are retreating the more is the presence of a second striker needed which muller can contribute to as he has the height and heading ability, not drifting to the wing area

Sent from my vivo 1933 using Tapatalk
guday
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby guday » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:20 pm

on coutinho, i felt sorry for him...he seems like playing his own game, and end trying a wild shot out the penalty area, problem i think is he couldnt integrate with our attackers...coman, gnabry n lewa...here is where i think james does a lot better, at least james can always pick out his teamate with long pass, while coutinho either pass the ball back or try a hopeful punt towards goal

i worry worried him n perisic will spoil it, knowing they wont be w bayern next season

the coutinho play he badly need a goal to put his name on the headline to attract potential suitor rather than playing to win the games..i could be wrong, lets see whether he can give any impact on the next games if he is selected to play

guday
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby guday » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm

tolisso play quite decent yesterday, and he can provide incisive forward pass ...even better than thiago, i hope if needed in games ahead, flick can consider him ahead of muller or coutinho as attacking midfielder, play 4-3-3.. with tolisso ifront of the other 2

guday
Getting the hang of it

Postby guday » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm

on hernandez ...he does look sharp, i hope he can stay injury free, good to see we have handful of v good defenders to choose from, compare to last few season just boateng and martinez...even that arie mbi kid look quite good for his debut...he look quite stronh n has v competitive spirit..nice

guday
Getting the hang of it

Previous

Return to Friendlies