You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-07-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FC Köln will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2021-07-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:32 am

Yeah the youth path is really promising huh?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:32 am

sherpthederp wrote:Sieb and Omar Richards were good.
Booth and Rhein were a decent pair in midfield and were far more organized than the second half subs.
Cuisance tried too hard as always, turning into pressure at every chance instead of playing the smart ball.
Nianzou had 3 bad giveaways in the second half trying to dribble out of pressure as the last man.
Sarr actually played some impressively accurate long flat passes, in between horribly timed tackles :lol:

Overall not terrible considering we basically played our 2nd team vs Kölns mostly starting 11.

Yeah I can't sweat it too much.

Horn, Czichos, Mere, Katterbach, Ehizibue, Ozcan, Hector are all starters for Koln and Uth, Thielmann, and Kainz most likely will be this season. So in other words it's basically the starting XI of a 1.BL squad vs Bayern II with Choupo, Upamecano, and Richards for a bit.

On the whole though I think it was a decent showing for the youth, tbh... Sieb was very good, Rhein and Booth played great in midfield, and I though Copado was very good once he came on... and overall I continue to be largely pleased with Nianzou. Some of the other 'youngsters' were meh (Zirkzee, Cuisance, etc) but that's pretty much been my opinion for a while, so nothing new there.

Sarr tho...my goodness. At this point I'm 100% serious in saying that if we can't manage to find someone to take him off our hands we really should just convert him full-time to a winger backup and not even consider him an option in defense. He does some okay things with the ball but when it comes strictly to defending I struggle to think of many worse players I've seen in my lifetime.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:31 am

aterford wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Sieb and Omar Richards were good.
Booth and Rhein were a decent pair in midfield and were far more organized than the second half subs.
Cuisance tried too hard as always, turning into pressure at every chance instead of playing the smart ball.
Nianzou had 3 bad giveaways in the second half trying to dribble out of pressure as the last man.
Sarr actually played some impressively accurate long flat passes, in between horribly timed tackles :lol:

Overall not terrible considering we basically played our 2nd team vs Kölns mostly starting 11.

Yeah I can't sweat it too much.

Horn, Czichos, Mere, Katterbach, Ehizibue, Ozcan, Hector are all starters for Koln and Uth, Thielmann, and Kainz most likely will be this season. So in other words it's basically the starting XI of a 1.BL squad vs Bayern II with Choupo, Upamecano, and Richards for a bit.

On the whole though I think it was a decent showing for the youth, tbh... Sieb was very good, Rhein and Booth played great in midfield, and I though Copado was very good once he came on... and overall I continue to be largely pleased with Nianzou. Some of the other 'youngsters' were meh (Zirkzee, Cuisance, etc) but that's pretty much been my opinion for a while, so nothing new there.

Sarr tho...my goodness. At this point I'm 100% serious in saying that if we can't manage to find someone to take him off our hands we really should just convert him full-time to a winger backup and not even consider him an option in defense. He does some okay things with the ball but when it comes strictly to defending I struggle to think of many worse players I've seen in my lifetime.
I can… They want these players to play not only against Köln, but PSG, Shitty, RM and others… Köln is basically a second tier club…

This "plan" is not destined to fail, it‘s already written in stone…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:45 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Friendlies