You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-08-28] Bayern Munich vs Chicago Fire

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
50%
It will end in a draw
50%
Chicago Fire Soccer Club will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Postby MatchBot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Bayern Munich vs Chicago Fire Soccer Club
Bayern Munich vs Chicago Fire Soccer Club
Competition: Friendly
Venue: Allianz Arena, Munich

In Bastian Schweinsteiger's testimonial, FC Bayern play against Chicago Fire Soccer Club.

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2018-08-28] Bayern Munich vs Chicago Fire

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:29 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Image
Just remembered about a dream I had last night...

I saw Basti and his wife in Mdina and asked for a photo but they refused...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

So this farewell match is a good time to talk about my relationship with Bastian Schweinsteiger.

It all started when Schweinsteiger had started playing for the main team, and I liked him, I liked him a lot. So I registered two domains, bastianschweinsteiger.com and bastian-schweinsteiger.com and made him a fan site. This fansite developed and I opened a forum there as well.

Eventually I was sued. The first time was by an official photographer of Schweinsteiger. I can't find the emails anymore but basically he told me that he asked Schweinsteiger himself whether he approves his photos on my website and that he told him no. Therefore I was forced to comply and change some of his photos with other photos.

In 2006 I opened BayernForum. The forum would not have existed without BastianSchweinsteiger.com. What I did was issue a deadline by which time all BastianSchweinsteiger.com users should register on BayernForum.com because the forum on BastianSchweinsteiger.com would close down. And it did, and BayernForum.com got the kick it needed to start. If you try to find the oldest posts in the forum, you'll find a lot of love towards Bastian for this reason.

While I was busy with BayernForum.com I neglected BastianSchweinsteiger.com.

At the same time, I had opened christianlell.com and andreasottl.com. Yeah, I know. I only had the domains, just in case they improved and deserved a fansite :) So one day (October 2008) I was sued by Lell's lawyers who wanted the domain. I remember chatting to him and I said I would transfer the domains if he would send me a signed shirt, and he said OK. I was stupid enough to transfer the domains, and he never sent the shirt, or answered my chats again. Thanks to him I learned an important lesson.

Then I was sued again.

And this time it was big. On 13th May 2009, Bastian Schweinsteiger and/or his manager advised his lawyers to sue me. I received a very long document both by email and in a package at home. Basically they quoted the international trademark on his domains and demanded that I cancel the domains. That's where I struck with a brainwave. Two days later, on 15th May 2009, I sent this email back to his lawyers:

Dear Dr Klinger,

With reference to your letter (ref code Ref: 27cl13472 S 1712) dated May 13, 2009, please note that you mentioned 3 internet domains:

- bastianschweinsteiger.eu
- bastianschweinsteiger.com
- bastian-schweinsteiger.com

I own the latter two domains, but not the former which seems to be owned by some company in Karlsruhe, Germany. As regards the domains that I own, I have used them to put up a fansite that has been online before your client's official fansite. It's true that it hasn't been updated in a while, but I still care about it and wouldn't like to lose it.

Also, you have asked me to cancel the domains. Given the Google Pagerank of these domains, and the importance in search engines, you can safely assume that my internet registrar will keep the domain and put up yet another search site for expired domains that has polluted the internet. You would then have to threaten a lawsuit against this international company.

I am offering to settle this matter in an amicable way, as you put it, and am offering to take the trouble of transferring the domains (as opposed to cancelling them) and making sure that they end up registered in your client's name, upon receipt of an original Bayern shirt signed by Bastian Schweinsteiger himself. Such a gesture would mean a lot to me and make up for the time and money spent on developing the site, and your client should be all too happy to settle this matter easily.

Regards,

Mark Cilia Vincenti

I didn't hear back. I was scared.

So I asked for confirmation of receipt, and I got an answer back "Received with thanks".

Months passed.

On 16th December 2009 I received my greatest Christmas present ever. A signed shirt by Schweinsteiger, paid for by himself.

And I transferred the domains over as agreed.

I wish I could meet him one day and tell him about this story. I still love you buddy :) Oh, and thank you Christian Lell! It wouldn't have been possible without you :P
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:38 am

You have a gift of a pioneer, to leverage every little thing you have to achieve something bigger. The only reason I signed up for this forum was because you locked out Lewandowski’s transfer thread to the public, when BayernForum.com was literally the best place on the internet for following his transfer (see my join date).
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:49 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:You have a gift of a pioneer, to leverage every little thing you have to achieve something bigger. The only reason I signed up for this forum was because you locked out Lewandowski’s transfer thread to the public, when BayernForum.com was literally the best place on the internet for following his transfer (see my join date).

Haha I got one :)

Yes at the time I was occasionally making the whole forum inaccessible to guests to force more lurkers to register. Eventually stopped doing it :)

Thanks for your compliment!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:53 am

Great story MUTU, you have to make a film about this story. :P
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:37 am

I'm sending this to your wife to make her jealous.

I find it sad that they treat massive fans with legal action though. Luckily Basti was a gentleman about it, unlike Lell.

Is there actually any legal basis to demand someone hands over a domain? I doubt it...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm sending this to your wife to make her jealous.

I find it sad that they treat massive fans with legal action though. Luckily Basti was a gentleman about it, unlike Lell.

Is there actually any legal basis to demand someone hands over a domain? I doubt it...

No I had nothing. I negotiated with just a 'threat' to cancel the domains as per their request and having them to sue GoDaddy instead.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm sending this to your wife to make her jealous.

No I had nothing. I negotiated with just a 'threat' to cancel the domains as per their request and having them to sue GoDaddy instead.

Didn't understand your reply. I meant is there any actual basis for them to sue? Seems to me you can't just demand someone cancels or gives you an internet domain they pay for just because you want it or don't like it, but I don't know cyber law. The photos part I can understand.

Edit: ah I reread your post and saw that the name is trademarked.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Not only the trademark. If you find a domain registered using your name by someone who didn't have your name you could sue him and take the domain. I actually had another option to avoid losing the domains: I could have changed my name to Bastian Schweinsteiger
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 pm

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 25440?s=19

I really can't stop missing this man ...

No one has replaced him yet.

Oh wait peppu got us Xabi Alonso
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:46 pm

MUTU wrote:At the same time, I had opened christianlell.com and andreasottl.com. Yeah, I know. I only had the domains, just in case they improved and deserved a fansite :) So one day (October 2008) I was sued by Lell's lawyers who wanted the domain. I remember chatting to him and I said I would transfer the domains if he would send me a signed shirt, and he said OK. I was stupid enough to transfer the domains, and he never sent the shirt, or answered my chats again. Thanks to him I learned an important lesson.

Then I was sued again.

So of the three, Ottl is the only one who did not sue you? He probably didn't even have a lawyer :oops:

As a side note, Lell retired after finishing his career playing for Levante in La Liga, like 2 years ago? Ottl is still active but listed a free agent with no team and Bastian's contract runs until the end of the current MLS season and it seems that he will call it quit.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Achilles » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Basti had that extra connection, everybody loved him, the elder fans,the new fans,the outsiders,the board even the whiners.
He is very special for me and A class role model athlete. Schweini for president, my father saw Kalle(one of his favs) I hope I'll see Basti.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Friendlies