You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Italian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Italian football

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:52 pm

Valerio wrote:Juventus has a problem of old and unneed players that we want to get rid off but they refuse to go...
Ronaldo per primis
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 pm

I still think Juve will win it, but I’m excited to see whether Milan can seriously challenge for the title.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:52 pm

That would be a real surprise but they should try to return to the CL and something like 2nd or 3rd place. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Fénix wrote:That would be a real surprise but they should try to return to the CL and something like 2nd or 3rd place. :D
It would, but if they can keep the form they’ve had so far under this coach, they should be up there.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:13 pm

We shall see whether this run can continue, not really optimistic but I really want them back on top and want to see them becoming Italian giants again and face them every single season in the CL group stage and beat the shit out of them.

We haven't straighten all debts with them, though. :mrgreen: 8) They owe us biiiiiiiiig time in the last 8-9 years. :wink: We lost 3 European finals in the last 21 years and missed to surpass them this year with 8 titles, but I hope this will be possible within the next 4-5 years again to win our 7th title. :)

Real Madrid and AC Milan are the only 3 clubs left to look for revenge. 8) :mrgreen:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:04 pm

Fénix wrote:We shall see whether this run can continue, not really optimistic but I really want them back on top and want to see them becoming Italian giants again and face them every single season in the CL group stage and beat the shit out of them.

We haven't straighten all debts with them, though. :mrgreen: 8) They owe us biiiiiiiiig time in the last 8-9 years. :wink: We lost 3 European finals in the last 21 years and missed to surpass them this year with 8 titles, but I hope this will be possible within the next 4-5 years again to win our 7th title. :)

Real Madrid and AC Milan are the only 3 clubs left to look for revenge. 8) :mrgreen:
Sorry but I don't want them back... maybe I am too fearful
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:11 pm

I've seen alot of debate about this but the Milan board thinks that the only way to become successful in European competitions again is if they follow the path of Bayern Munich and build a modernized stadium. Milan fans are opposed to this because they dont wanna see the San Siro go.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
FcBayernX
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby Bazi » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:41 pm

I'm still baffled by Juventus paying 190m € for Ronaldo and Higuain. The club was so desperate to win a Champions League title they decided to mortgage their future for 2-3 good years of those guys.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:49 pm

Bazi wrote:I'm still baffled by Juventus paying 190m € for Ronaldo and Higuain. The club was so desperate to win a Champions League title they decided to mortgage their future for 2-3 good years of those guys.
Juve fans seem to think that the marketing gains make up for Ronaldo. I doubt it, but anyone has a clear refutation?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Bazi wrote:I'm still baffled by Juventus paying 190m € for Ronaldo and Higuain.
Pipita paid himself already in his first season with Juve: Scudetto and UCL premiums.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Bazi wrote:I'm still baffled by Juventus paying 190m € for Ronaldo and Higuain. The club was so desperate to win a Champions League title they decided to mortgage their future for 2-3 good years of those guys.
Juve fans seem to think that the marketing gains make up for Ronaldo. I doubt it, but anyone has a clear refutation?

You've got to sell a lot of shirts to make up for the 100m € fee + Ronaldo's salary. Furthermore it depends on the structure of Juve's kit sponsorship deal whether or not they benefit from an increase in sold jerseys.

Plus there's been reports that Juventus has been trying to dump Ronaldo since last summer. I don't know if that's true, but at 36 years of age one has to assume he's no longer a net benefit to the club.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:00 pm

r10 wrote:
Bazi wrote:I'm still baffled by Juventus paying 190m € for Ronaldo and Higuain.
Pipita paid himself already in his first season with Juve: Scudetto and UCL premiums.

Come on. He was basically finished as an elite player after his first season at the club. All the UCL premiums he may have earned Juventus were needed to pay his extremely high salary for the remainder of his contract. :lol:
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Higuaín was a truly bad purchase. Meh player and extremely expensive. I don't think a Juve fan would have an overall good opinion of him.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:18 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Higuaín was a truly bad purchase. Meh player and extremely expensive. I don't think a Juve fan would have an overall good opinion of him.

Pirlo already said that he wants to terminate his contract anyway along with Khedira's.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
FcBayernX
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 am

Bazi wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

You've got to sell a lot of shirts to make up for the 100m € fee + Ronaldo's salary. Furthermore it depends on the structure of Juve's kit sponsorship deal whether or not they benefit from an increase in sold jerseys.

Plus there's been reports that Juventus has been trying to dump Ronaldo since last summer. I don't know if that's true, but at 36 years of age one has to assume he's no longer a net benefit to the club.
About 1.5 million kits I think, which is not so impossible, but what makes it very hard to calculate and unlikely to be true is that they need to be new sales. In other words, they need to be bought by people who wouldn’t have bought a Juve kit otherwise.

For example, I bought a Davies shirt this season. Should that be counted as contributing towards Davies paying off himsef? To some extent yes, as I bought it on a whim after a fantastic performance, but hardly so as I would have very likely bought a shirt anyway, just with Lewandowski or Thiago instead. In the end that is the same for the club.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe