You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Italian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Italian football

Postby Fénix » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:And Ger use the Prussian colours

Old German flag used to have white instead of yellow, so it's nothing weird and Germans also have never worn yellow kits, yet.
Only GKs wear yellow kits while other used to be all black and red-black combination along with the famous green-white combination which my favorite Germany's secondary jersey. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:07 pm

The decision taken in August 1936 to award the 1938 tournament to France rather than Argentina caused outrage in South America where it was believed the competition would alternate between continents. As a result Uruguay and Argentina refused to enter while Spain could not participate because of civil war. Both the hosts and title holders qualified automatically and of the remaining fourteen places, eleven were allocated to Europe, two to the Americas and one to Asia/Africa.

Although Austria qualified, their team withdrew after the March 1938 Anschluss under which Austria was incorporated into the Third Reich. For reasons unknown, the organising committee did not invite Latvia to take their place (they had finished behind Austria in qualifying) and instead left the place vacant.

The tournament was again organised as a simple knock-out competition, with extra-time and replays where necessary. [source]

take a look here. kits and some vids as well
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
The decision taken in August 1936 to award the 1938 tournament to France rather than Argentina caused outrage in South America where it was believed the competition would alternate between continents. As a result Uruguay and Argentina refused to enter while Spain could not participate because of civil war. Both the hosts and title holders qualified automatically and of the remaining fourteen places, eleven were allocated to Europe, two to the Americas and one to Asia/Africa.

Although Austria qualified, their team withdrew after the March 1938 Anschluss under which Austria was incorporated into the Third Reich. For reasons unknown, the organising committee did not invite Latvia to take their place (they had finished behind Austria in qualifying) and instead left the place vacant.

The tournament was again organised as a simple knock-out competition, with extra-time and replays where necessary. [source]

If I'm correct, didn't Austria's players end up playing for Germany in the 1938 World Cup?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
FcBayernX
Getting the hang of it

Postby FcBayernX » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I would also like to see Italy wearing a black Jersey, just like Germany. It's unique for Itay's national to wear black. Their 1938 black Jersey was inspired by Mussolini's fascist party. Mussolini ordered the team to wear black Jersey's because the French crowd were booing the Italians so he did this as a "f*ck you" to the french.

FcBayernX
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm

FcBayernX wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

I would also like to see Italy wearing a black Jersey, just like Germany. It's unique for Itay's national to wear black. Their 1938 black Jersey was inspired by Mussolini's fascist party. Mussolini ordered the team to wear black Jersey's because the French crowd were booing the Italians so he did this as a "f*ck you" to the french.

Yes in fact they only wore it against them
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:23 am

Pioli to join AC Milan !!!!!!!!!!! are they for real????
There are Spalletti ...
They can call Donadoni from China...

and now I have just remembered about Nesta ... sooner or later he too as an ex rossonero will be sitting on their bench. :)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Pioli to join AC Milan!
Till February? #-o
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Is there any football teacher these days in Italy who can raise a team from an ash and who also possesses charisma?

Why don't AC Milan just look for a coach who's an expert with young players and talents? I mean, there must be some Dutch coach who played for the club and is willing to return and help them.

And what about Massimiliano Allegri? Why not try with him once again? :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Or why don't we give them Kovac? :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Ranieri fist game in charge of Samp will be against his hometown and it will also be his bday

https://twitter.com/DonRanieri/status/1 ... 93536?s=19
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:02 am

Shevchenko will soon be sittig on Milan's bench
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Lip reading?

And.... who will be charged-? Only those making the Roman salute? Or even those who will raise thier fists?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:48 am

It says chants. The cameras would be recording audio as well.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe