You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Italian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Italian football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:42 am

Valerio wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The serie A is becoming great again... imo better than the Hyped league of England.

On a side note Lukaku is showing what an imp player he is... in this form bvb have no chance when they face inter.
Plus he is showing that he is a very good man, (a value rarely seen in this sport)

&

Atalanta fans were accused of racist chants for some boos directed for Dalbert... how can they do so since they have Zapata?

Do you see Chelsea losing 4-0 to Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham drawing 1-1 at home to Slavia Praha while winning all domestic matches? How can anyone seriously claim what you just said? I will come out and say that this is the weakest Serie A of my lifetime.

On Saturday I watched the Milan derby and both teams looked inferior to any Bundesliga club. The quality was atrocious, and I'm being generous.

Problem with Serie A is defending with too much players which kill the show.
You'll rarely or never see wingers making a good run unlike other leagues.
They'll always have to face a full positioned defense.
Which makes it boring.
Having 6-7-8 players defending will kill chances for fast plays and shoots.
So it's a **** boring game of passing from one side to another and then making 80% pointless crosses in the penalty area.
I mean what's the point of keeping the ball and making useless passes if it's not to shoot toward the net?
Boring but that's a mentality problem. Coaches are formed in the italian school Coverciano are all the same.
First focus defense and then see what happens it will never change!

And imagine how it was back then when a win's worth 2points a draw 1point :D
But not all teams,play that....
Roma Lazio Atalanta Torino Napoli Fiorentina play good football
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:43 am

That's why I don't understand why the Serie A is so popular. For me, it is the most boring out of the top 4 leagues.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Valerio » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:The serie A is becoming great again... imo better than the Hyped league of England.

On a side note Lukaku is showing what an imp player he is... in this form bvb have no chance when they face inter.
Plus he is showing that he is a very good man, (a value rarely seen in this sport)

&

Atalanta fans were accused of racist chants for some boos directed for Dalbert... how can they do so since they have Zapata?

Do you see Chelsea losing 4-0 to Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham drawing 1-1 at home to Slavia Praha while winning all domestic matches? How can anyone seriously claim what you just said? I will come out and say that this is the weakest Serie A of my lifetime.

On Saturday I watched the Milan derby and both teams looked inferior to any Bundesliga club. The quality was atrocious, and I'm being generous.

Still Tottenham got eliminated from Colchester XD just to say!

Ah another problem with Serie A is that they focus on physicality rather than pace and quality....
if you're small you're a rarity in Serie A
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:05 am

Valerio wrote:Ah another problem with Serie A is that they focus on physicality rather than pace and quality....
if you're small you're a rarity in Serie A

Good point; in fact I was perplexed with the Joao Felix to Juve rumours.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:21 am

MUTU wrote:That's why I don't understand why the Serie A is so popular. For me, it is the most boring out of the top 4 leagues.

Did you think the same between 1990 and 2006 since you are older to remember and follow the whole 90's?

Because 90's Serie A was the best league by far in football's history, 7-8 competitive clubs for the title, bunch of international football stars after Bosman and EU in 1995, teams that could win each other easily, extreme relegation battle(4 clubs out without relegation play-offs)...
Not to forget to mention European presence and domination near Barcelona and Ajax: Sampdoria, AC Milan and Juventus in the CL finals, Lazio, Inter, Parma, Roma, Juventus, Fiorentina in the Uefa Cup.

However, I agree that Serie A in the last 10 years became very boring and non-competitive. Mentality and tempo are way behind Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga. I guess even in France they play way faster despite the huge lack of competition and quality in Ligue 1.
The decline of 2 Milanese clubs, primarily AC Milan, had put Italian football way behind what it once used to be. Roma simply can't become a top side, Lazio after 2002 is nothing serious anymore, Fiorentina have never returned to top after the bankrupt, Parma are 18 years out of anything serious and also faced a shut down in this decade.

The same happened to Brazilian and Argentinian football after Bosman 1995. Before that, these leagues, or at least their top sides, were also equal and competitive to European top leagues and clubs. If you can't follow the competition, you are easily left waaaay behind in less than 10 years.

The last 2 times that non-European clubs won the Intercontinental Cup/Fifa Club World Cup was Corinthians against Chelsea in 2012 and Internacional Porto Alegre against Barcelona in 2006.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:That's why I don't understand why the Serie A is so popular. For me, it is the most boring out of the top 4 leagues.

Did you think the same between 1990 and 2006 since you are older to remember and follow the whole 90's?

Because 90's Serie A was the best league by far in football's history, 7-8 competitive clubs for the title, bunch of international football stars after Bosman and EU in 1995, teams that could win each other easily, extreme relegation battle(4 clubs out without relegation play-offs)...
Not to forget to mention European presence and domination near Barcelona and Ajax: Sampdoria, AC Milan and Juventus in the CL finals, Lazio, Inter, Parma, Roma, Juventus, Fiorentina in the Uefa Cup.

However, I agree that Serie A in the last 10 years became very boring and non-competitive. Mentality and tempo are way behind Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga. I guess even in France they play way faster despite the huge lack of competition and quality in Ligue 1.
The decline of 2 Milanese clubs, primarily AC Milan, had put Italian football way behind what it once used to be. Roma simply can't become a top side, Lazio after 2002 is nothing serious anymore, Fiorentina have never returned to top after the bankrupt, Parma are 18 years out of anything serious and also faced a shut down in this decade.

The same happened to Brazilian and Argentinian football after Bosman 1995. Before that, these leagues, or at least their top sides, were also equal and competitive to European top leagues and clubs. If you can't follow the competition, you are easily left waaaay behind in less than 10 years.

The last 2 times that non-European clubs won the Intercontinental Cup/Fifa Club World Cup was Corinthians against Chelsea in 2012 and Internacional Porto Alegre against Barcelona in 2006.

In the 90s Serie A was just... decent.
The player quality was way higher than it is today, but the tactics were IMO even more defensive than they are today.

I didn't find it enjoyable to watch superstars parking the bus on both ends of the pitch.

I always much preferred the open-ness of the German game. They don't generally park the bus when they're leading 1-0.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:30 pm

MUTU wrote:I didn't find it enjoyable to watch superstars parking the bus on both ends of the pitch. I always much preferred the open-ness of the German game. They don't generally park the bus when they're leading 1-0.
The most of Bayern opponents park the bus and pray [-o<.
Ask, if Liverpool is coming :twisted:.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Ribsy made an assist
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Oh boy, this Inter team is such a joy to watch. They are like dynamite who's going to explode at any moment. Some risky plays at the defense at times, but they have a super,super mixture in the team.

WC players like Skriniar, Lukaku, future superstars in the face of Lautaro and Barella, great leaders in the face of Godin, Handanovic and de Vrij, and of course - a stack bench.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:04 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Oh boy, this Inter team is such a joy to watch. They are like dynamite who's going to explode at any moment. Some risky plays at the defense at times, but they have a super,super mixture in the team.

WC players like Skriniar, Lukaku, future superstars in the face of Lautaro and Barella, great leaders in the face of Godin, Handanovic and de Vrij, and of course - a stack bench.
Sensi & Barella are ita 's future.
Their def is rock solid...
Again our friends in yellow won't stand a chance against them.
Handanovic is so amazing and underrated
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Cagliari won away to Napoli! The Sardignans are having a great start
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Oh boy, this Inter team is such a joy to watch. They are like dynamite who's going to explode at any moment. Some risky plays at the defense at times, but they have a super,super mixture in the team.

Sensi & Barella are ita 's future.
Their def is rock solid...
Again our friends in yellow won't stand a chance against them.
Handanovic is so amazing and underrated

I agree with everything you said, except for the Dortmund part, and I'm talking about the game in Germany. You know, the logic in the football game is missing sometimes.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby r10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Cagliari won away to Napoli!
What's a problem with Ancelotti??
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:58 am

I always thought Handanovic was overrated.

He is incredibly lazy and doesn't like to dive to save goals. I've seen him letting goals in plenty of times just because he didn't give a f*** and didn't even try to save the shot
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:12 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I always thought Handanovic was overrated.

He is incredibly lazy and doesn't like to dive to save goals. I've seen him letting goals in plenty of times just because he didn't give a f*** and didn't even try to save the shot

Never understood how he was given the captain armband.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe