You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Italian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: Italian football

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:40 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:When you win because Messi shoots a penalty against the post and Robben sends a weak saveable one for Cech to save easily that's luck, straight and plain.


Something made them shit their pants... and miss. Do you think that some that shit their pants deserve it more?
We've been so wasteful in front of goal and deserved to lose, we weren't able to find a solution despite playing on their half all the time.


One can argue that they hardly found a solution to pass the halfway line despite scoring the same amount of goals during the match, so what exactly did they do to deserve it more than Bayern?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45927
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:When you win because Messi shoots a penalty against the post and Robben sends a weak saveable one for Cech to save easily that's luck, straight and plain.


Something made them shit their pants... and miss. Do you think that some that shit their pants deserve it more?
We've been so wasteful in front of goal and deserved to lose, we weren't able to find a solution despite playing on their half all the time.


One can argue that they hardly found a solution to pass the halfway line despite scoring the same amount of goals during the match, so what exactly did they do to deserve it more than Bayern?


They crossed the half line once and scored... and the scorer was Drogba, highly rated and praised by our board in the past. I used to believe in LUCK but I've seen that luck repeated more than once so I started to think that it's something more. Greece - 2004, Italy - 2006, Inter - 2010(in a lesser degree, but they were "lucky" to get past of the group stage 1st of all), Chelsea - 2012... fugly champions, but champions.

And justice was done btw for that 2009 that Barca stole to them.
Last edited by JANCKER on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

 

Re: Italian football

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm

They crossed the half line once and an old striker who had scored like 5 goals in the league that season managed to score. And you don't consider that luck. What kind of extremity needs to happen for you to consider something lucky then?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45927
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:52 pm

MUTU wrote:They crossed the half line once and an old striker who had scored like 5 goals in the league that season managed to score. And you don't consider that luck.


If you look at their previous games in that campaign, they didn't win differently from this one.

It was the last train for that golden Chelsea generation to get it... they wanted it bad, they sacrificed their egos for success in this one.
Last edited by JANCKER on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

 

Re: Italian football

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:55 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:They crossed the half line once and an old striker who had scored like 5 goals in the league that season managed to score. And you don't consider that luck.


If you look at their previous games in that campaign, they didn't win differently from this one.

Yes they did. Bayern broke two records. No team had won so many corners or had as many shot attempts in any match in Champions League history. It was as extreme as it could get. In terms of amount of chances, no other Champions League match was as unbalanced, not even a group stage match against a minnow team. What does one need to do more to be considered unlucky in your books then? I'm intrigued now.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45927
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:They crossed the half line once and an old striker who had scored like 5 goals in the league that season managed to score. And you don't consider that luck.


If you look at their previous games in that campaign, they didn't win differently from this one.

Yes they did. Bayern broke two records. No team had won so many corners or had as many shot attempts in any match in Champions League history. It was as extreme as it could get. In terms of amount of chances, no other Champions League match was as unbalanced, not even a group stage match against a minnow team. What does one need to do more to be considered unlucky in your books then? I'm intrigued now.


I don't buy "unlucky" as a reason anymore... I believe that for everything there's a reason behind it.
We had like 40 corners and they had only 1 and scored, we deserved to lose simple as that. That stat can tell enough of stuff... our incapability to score a corner for example.
JANCKER

 

Re: Italian football

Postby BayernLove » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:01 pm

If your game hinges on one shot, you probably played a shitty game around that. And if they get one chance and one goal, more power to them.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 679 times
Gender: Male

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:20 pm

You have to talk about how things are, not how they could've been... and start the luck talk.
"Luck" jumps in when you're not prepared... "luck" can be controlled.
JANCKER

 

Re: Italian football

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:49 pm

JANCKER wrote:I don't buy "unlucky" as a reason anymore... I believe that for everything there's a reason behind it.
We had like 40 corners and they had only 1 and scored, we deserved to lose simple as that. That stat can tell enough of stuff... our incapability to score a corner for example.


So if I understood correctly, you don't believe there is such thing as luck and you define your own fate? So if I buy 1 lottery ticket and you buy 1 million and I win, I wouldn't be lucky? That I somehow deserved it?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45927
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Also, was Drogba not lucky not to be sent off in extra time for the foul in the box on Ribéry in the action where he injured Franck and Robben missed the penalty? Had Drogba been sent off, he couldn't kick the winning penalty. Hence if you agree he was lucky not to be sent off then you agree that the luck played a factor in the ensuing penalty shootout which led to the victory.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45927
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8413 times
Been thanked: 13373 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:02 pm

I don't believe in luck in this sport... it's part of the game but you have to work to make luck come your way. This isn't lottery...
Rehhagel proved that someone can make luck work in his favor more than once... once by coming from 2nd division and winning BuLi and with Greece in 2004...

If you want to start the "luck" thing who knows where would that take you... that's why you have to accept the winner.

If a team is playing some kind of ugly football that doesn't mean that they don't deserve anything... defensive football like that won more than once.
JANCKER

 

Re: Italian football

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:28 pm

I dunno, Higuain was lucky when Kroos's horrendous back pass fell to him while trotting back from being offsides lol, it wasn't positioning just dumb luck. and Kroos was lucky he couldn't finish. And unpressured own goals are lucky as well
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 1471 times
Gender: Male

Re: Italian football

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 2882 times
Gender: Male

Re: Italian football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Not sure what this conversation has to do with Italian football, but am I seriously reading posts from a Bayern fan saying we deserved to lose in 2012? :shock:
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39778
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13351 times
Been thanked: 10539 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Italian football

Postby JANCKER » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:07 am

Well, we lost, didn't we? Wanna open talk about luck and possible red cards, let's talk about 2013 as well...
They were better at something, at winning... That's something.
If it was that obvious that you deserve something then you couldn't lose like that... all we know is that we have a winner from that game, you can argue all you want deserved or not cause it doesn't matter. It's not the first time someone wins in that style nor their first game they win "undeservedly" in that campaign... Luck usually comes to the ones who work for it in the right way.
JANCKER

 

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests