You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Italian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Italian football

Postby Pittbay » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:04 am

Since the match thread is pretty crowded, I thought I'd come here to give Allegri some well deserved compliments. True he had the wrong approach in the first half of the Turin leg, and sure his subs were way off today, but I think he really showed in this tie that he's a world class tactician.

We simply couldn't deal with them especially in the first half today and his team made both the Bayern defense and Pep look silly.

Thus, much respect to Allegri, but our spirit and quality were just too much for him today. =D>
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:47 am

He couldn't have done a better job. We basically had no sniff at goal prior to Lewandowski's header. After that, we starting attacking for our lives and were still faced with incredible resistance from them. Our players just had an amazing fighting spirit.

As for his subs, I kind of understand it. Having a 2-0 lead at AA is something of a dream for many teams. He wanted to put in fresh legs to preserve the lead and not go for a third goal, which would have opened up his defense. That is not to mention that Mandzukic almost set up a goal for Lichsteiner at the beginning of ET1 which was saved by Neuer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:50 am

His players were overspent after 90 minutes of constant pressure... and the ET gave them another psychological blow, they were doomed physically and psychologically.

It was said that a contract extension til 2019 was awaiting him after this game.
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:44 am

JANCKER wrote:His players were overspent after 90 minutes of constant pressure... and the ET gave them another psychological blow, they were doomed physically and psychologically.

It was said that a contract extension til 2019 was awaiting him after this game.

I have to completely agree with you Jancker. They were indeed doomed. No team maintains 90 minutes of pressure against us, the ET was a death sentence. But still IMO, they deserved to go through more than us.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:07 am

What happened to Atletico Madrid in CL final 2014, that happened to Juventus tonight in the 2nd leg at Allianz Arena after 90 minutes. The only difference is that Juventus have had a much better result while we were completely desperate till the 70th minute of the game what wasn't exactly the Atleti's case.

PunkCapitalist wrote:But still IMO, they deserved to go through more than us.

I didn't know what to think about this when I was watching with my cousins who are Juventus fans, but I do know that I told them how penalties would be a fair deal for both sides.

In the end, we won this epic match and qualified for the next stage.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby SBash22 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 am

Pittbay wrote:Since the match thread is pretty crowded, I thought I'd come here to give Allegri some well deserved compliments. True he had the wrong approach in the first half of the Turin leg, and sure his subs were way off today, but I think he really showed in this tie that he's a world class tactician.

We simply couldn't deal with them especially in the first half today and his team made both the Bayern defense and Pep look silly.

Thus, much respect to Allegri, but our spirit and quality were just too much for him today. =D>

no doubt.... I think he's proved alot of people wrong (including myself) in how he'd do at Juve

and yeah, hes taking some blame today for his subs... but he was also dealing with a less than healthy squad, especially with with Marchisio and Dybala out... Morata was giving them fits with his speed on counter attacks... if he had Dybala to bring on as a sub, even after Bayern made it 2-2, it coulda been a different game.... they had zero threats for a counter attack when Morata and Cuadrado came off..... but thats sports

if Evra doesnt lose the ball late to give up the tying goal, no one would be talking about Allegri in a negative way

Juve vs Napoli for the Serie A title with no other competitions to worry about will be fun to watch
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:50 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:His players were overspent after 90 minutes of constant pressure... and the ET gave them another psychological blow, they were doomed physically and psychologically.

I have to completely agree with you Jancker. They were indeed doomed. No team maintains 90 minutes of pressure against us, the ET was a death sentence. But still IMO, they deserved to go through more than us.

Honestly that's a shitty pessimistic attitude to have. The team that scores the most goals by the end wins, simple.Unless it was a hand of God scenario or similar, everyone that wins "deserves" to. Bayern no exception to this rule.

We've had our slip ups and injuries and whatnot. It's not been a perfect season by a long shot. But I'll be damned if I'm not eyeing winning it all, and so should everyone.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:03 pm

BayernLove wrote:everyone that wins "deserves" to

I've seen this argument brought up by people all around the world and I strongly disagree with it. Otherwise, what would be the use of the word itself?

A team that has the lion's share of chances is the one that deserves to win. For example, Bayern deserved to win against Chelsea in 2012, but didn't.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Yes. Sorry, but we didn't deserve to win yesterday. We did, we are allowed to be happy about it and move on, but we can't say we deserved it. That would be Chelski thinking.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
BayernLove wrote:everyone that wins "deserves" to

I've seen this argument brought up by people all around the world and I strongly disagree with it. Otherwise, what would be the use of the word itself?

A team that has the lion's share of chances is the one that deserves to win. For example, Bayern deserved to win against Chelsea in 2012, but didn't.

If one team wins, it's because the other team loses. If you go down because you had the lion's share of chances and possession and yet couldn't translate that then yes, you deserve to lose. Think about it not about who deserves to win, but who deserves to lose. Simply put, a wasteful team deserves to lose far more than a team that fought back or took what little chances they got.

And don't give me any of that "Chelski mentality" bullshit when we damn well deserved to lose that year too. We conceded a last minute goal from a set piece and couldn't do anything or clutch it in penalties. They had every right to that win, as obnoxious and anti-viewer as their tactics were.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm

In football you can win in different ways, Chelski won all their games in that fugly way in that year and they weren't champions for nothing. So yeah, they deserved it.
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:46 pm

So according to your logic, if a team hits 10 posts and then scores a fluke unlucky own goal, would you say they deserved to lose? Because if so, we have completely different understanding of the word 'deserved'. For me if someone was "lucky to win", then it's an undeserved win. Chelsea rode their luck in 2012 against Barcelona and Bayern, so *I* define that as undeserved wins.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

If you won 6 or so games in a row in the same style, would you think that is luck or something more?
JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm

When you win because Messi shoots a penalty against the post and Robben sends a weak saveable one for Cech to save easily that's luck, straight and plain.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:30 pm

MUTU wrote:When you win because Messi shoots a penalty against the post and Robben sends a weak saveable one for Cech to save easily that's luck, straight and plain.

Something made them shit their pants... and miss. Do you think that some that shit their pants deserve it more?
We've been so wasteful in front of goal and deserved to lose, we weren't able to find a solution despite playing on their half all the time.
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe