You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Scottish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Scottish football

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:41 am

Scottish Premier League is for the first time after 7-8 years so interesting and they want to end it this way. I disagree because they should finish all matches and keep calm very hot rivalry between Celtic and Rangers if because nothing else then for the sake of that.

Liverpool needed just 2 matches to win and the rest was/is about rewriting Premier League records in the last 6-7 matches. The best season in their club history has already been ruined with this COVID crisis, so all in all I don't think it will look the same once everyone returns to football.

But damn... I miss football and attending matches of my home club every 1-2 weeks no matter how bad they are. :(
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:46 am

Also I am also kind of sad for their supporters who won't be able to celebrate their spontaneous celebrations.

Same sit if the Maltese Liverpool , Floriana FC manage to finally clinch the title
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:53 am

#12 wrote:It’s the same in both cases: play it out, whenever, or don’t award titles!

First of all, I agree 100% that every season should played out, even if that happens for example in 2021 and there is no football until then.

As to where to draw the line... this is like the pile of sand paradox. You can't really draw a fixed line anywhere. But somehow reasoning tells me there IS a difference between the two.

Celtic losing around half their remaining games is unlikely, but not totally impossible. Liverpool losing every single game left is impossible even in dreamland.

In the end though we're agreeing that the title shouldn't be handed to them, we just don't particularly agree on what should happen in England if the season is abandoned. I love Celtic, they are one of my top 3 teams and a team I consider myself to be a fan of and not just sympathise with. Glasgow has become somewhat of a second home for me and as a Maltese person I identify much more with the history of Celtic than that of Rangers. But this is not the way to win a title.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Apart from the mentioned things, this also what you have said ramsej.
Jesus Christ, what else do you wanna do in a fanatic place where football is part of your life and family than celebrating the title after exactly 30 years like the apocalypse just passed near you?

It's already a spoiled thing and there's nothing you do about it yet wait for the end of this forced dark spring break where people are dying every day and then finish once it's all over.

Scottish football isn't as demanding as other top leagues therefore I would insist to finish the season with those 7-8 remaining matches.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:It’s the same in both cases: play it out, whenever, or don’t award titles!

First of all, I agree 100% that every season should played out, even if that happens for example in 2021 and there is no football until then.

As to where to draw the line... this is like the pile of sand paradox. You can't really draw a fixed line anywhere. But somehow reasoning tells me there IS a difference between the two.

Celtic losing around half their remaining games is unlikely, but not totally impossible. Liverpool losing every single game left is impossible even in dreamland.

In the end though we're agreeing that the title shouldn't be handed to them, we just don't particularly agree on what should happen in England if the season is abandoned. I love Celtic, they are one of my top 3 teams and a team I consider myself to be a fan of and not just sympathise with. Glasgow has become somewhat of a second home for me and as a Maltese person I identify much more with the history of Celtic than that of Rangers. But this is not the way to win a title.
Yeah of course it’s slightly different, but the general parameters still are similar... I partly sympathize with Liverpool, they can win this title and they deserve to for all I care... I just think any decision in a room and not on the grass is not sports, but politics...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Mon May 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Season has been ended with Celtic and champions. Hearts who have been relegated are taking legal action
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cwbm » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Think Scottish and German leagues have been the most organised with the least fuss. Trouble is any solution that gets created also opens problems. Hearts will feel they have a point. Now is not the time for legal issues when people are losing their lives. Best way to avoid it is to say finishing this season is more important than starting the next one. So although Scottish has acted quicker they have made the worst decision imo.
cwbm
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 21, 2020 6:09 pm

With the situation being what it is in the UK, it was always going to be difficult to continue. I just don’t see how it’s justifiable to give Celtic the title though, even as a Celtic fan. Even more so to justify relegating teams... if anything play an expanded league next season. The decision has to be either to play in or to declare the season null, except in cases where either a team is already mathematically champions or they are virtually impossible to overtake.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:With the situation being what it is in the UK, it was always going to be difficult to continue. I just don’t see how it’s justifiable to give Celtic the title though, even as a Celtic fan. Even more so to justify relegating teams... if anything play an expanded league next season. The decision has to be either to play in or to declare the season null, except in cases where either a team is already mathematically champions or they are virtually impossible to overtake.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Damn, you have more hair than I thought when you said you shaved. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Damn, you have more hair than I thought when you said you shaved. :P
It has been nine days now...
And in the photo looks darker ... even my beard. I can assure you that I have much less
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby cwbm » Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Cannot award anything or relegate a team whilst the season is incomplete. Does not matter what you think would or would have happened. Same way how they do not award a match if it is abandoned.
cwbm
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 pm

only if a team was mathematically relegated...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football in Europe