You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Croatian football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Croatian football

Postby Fénix » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:17 pm

This start is the best start in the entire NK Osijek's history. =P~ =P~ People here are already insane and expect title under Nenad Bjelica, but I don't fly that high.

This is just like 2013/2014 season and Simeone's Atlético Madrid. Matchday after matchday, no thoughts about the first historic league title. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:02 pm

First reaction in front of my eyes - Thomas Müller in my city. But then laughed real hard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:20 am

I didn't write here 5-6 days ago, so I'll mention now that Dinamo Zagreb legend, fantastic striker from the 80's, Rapid Wien legend, former Dinamo Zagreb coach and former Croatia NT coach 2004-2006 Zlatko Kranjčar passed away after long illness aged 64.

He was/is the father of Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjčar who debut for Croatia exactly under his guidance.

Zlatko "Cico" Kranjčar coached NK Zagreb in 2001/2002 and won the historic first title for "The Poets" thus becoming the 3rd club in Croatia that won the title and back then stopped duopoly of Dinamo and Hajduk in Croatian football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlatko_Kranj%C4%8Dar

An interesting article about him during his national team episode, what he went through with his son Niko in 2004-2006 and how at that point Zdravko Mamić and his associates were at their very first beginning of taking full control in the entire Croatian football.

Kranjčar's Farewell [source]
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 pm

DINAMO ZAGREB COACH ZORAN MAMIC RESIGNS AS PRISON SENTENCE CONFIRMED AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM CLASH

Croatia's Supreme Court on Monday confirmed a prison sentence for Dinamo Zagreb coach Zoran Mamic for fraud ahead of the club's Europa League clash with Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday, the Balkan nation's state television (HRT) said. Mamic has announced he will be stepping down from his position after the verdict.

Dinamo Zagreb head coach Zoran Mamic has resigned from his position ahead of his side's Europa League last-16 clash with Tottenham after being handed a prison sentence.

Mamic's brother Zdarvko, Dinamo's former executive director who is at large in neighbouring Bosnia, also had his sentence confirmed by Croatia's Supreme Court as did former tax official Milan Pernar.

"Zoran Mamic's sentence has been reduced to four years and eight months from four years and 11 months, while Milan Pernar had his sentence reduced to three years and two months from four years and two months."

The three had been charged with tax evasion worth 12.2 million kuna (£1.4 million) and for siphoning off 116 million kuna (£13.1m) from transfers of players from Dinamo.

Mamic announced after the verdict that he will be stepping down from his position with Dinamo.

"Although I do not feel guilty, as I announced earlier, if the verdict is final, I accept it as such and resign from the position of head coach and sports director of GNK Dinamo. I wish the club a lot of luck and sporting success in its further work."

The Croatian champions are at home to Tottenham on Thursday in the return leg of their Europa League round of 16 return leg after the English side won the first leg 2-0 last week.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12247210/zoran-mamic-dinamo-zagreb-boss-resigns-after-being-given-prison-sentence-for-fraud-ahead-of-tottenham-clash

They are guilty. Now it remains what's next. I guess the European Court for human rights.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Previous

Return to Football in Europe