You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:14 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Well done to Toney ... Standing is fine
As is kneeling
No ... It is not
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Well done to Toney ... Standing is fine
As is kneeling
No ... It is not

What about a handstand?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:44 pm

Preferably nothing as the more they do the more it is triggered...

Pts deduction is the answer...

However if it is found that a player provoked or used the racism card just for fun the pts will be deducted to his tm
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:00 am

Or maybe YOU‘RE the one who gets triggered…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:02 am

I don't like it either. It has nothing to do with football at all.

It would have been great if all the clubs in the world had done it ONCE on the same match day. But I see no reason for this ongoing kneeling thing.

In fact I'd go even further and say that Racism sadly exsists, BUT what we see in football stadiums most of the times are just provocations and hate.

Most of the fans don't really care about skin color. They just hate on someone. And they will try everything. Whether you are fat, bald, gay or your mother has recently died...
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't like it either. It has nothing to do with football at all.

It would have been great if all the clubs in the world had done it ONCE on the same match day. But I see no reason for this ongoing kneeling thing.

In fact I'd go even further and say that Racism sadly exsists, BUT what we see in football stadiums most of the times are just provocations and hate.

Most of the fans don't really care about skin color. They just hate on someone. And they will try everything. Whether you are fat, bald, gay or your mother has recently died...

BRAVO' couldn't agree more =D>
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:36 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:51 pm

Eng police have arrested 11 who sent racist abuse to Sako ....

More than half of the abuse came from outside the UK
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't like it either. It has nothing to do with football at all.

Or you look like an ape like Kahn, so they throw bananas at you
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:03 pm

Beyond all that, I think a big part of what made the "taking a knee" noteworthy in the first place was the fact that it was looking "out of place" and not widely-adopted. Like in the NFL, where it seemingly started with Kaepernick...when you have 52 guys standing for the national anthem and one guy on that team taking a knee it really sticks out and IS an instant conversation-starter. Or when you have 48 guys standing and 5 guys kneeling. And so on...but when you have everybody taking a knee it kind of feels like it waters it down. Like...how much of a "protest" is it if everyone's doing it? And then I think it kind of just becomes noise; you can already see it now - people are oftentimes just saying "Oh they've got to get their kneeling out of the way before we can get on with the game." So the message is lost a bit, I think.

And it's not that I don't support the idea in principle. I was totally behind Kaep and others, but like I said: it just feels kind of watered-down at this point, and having everyone do it at the same time feels like it's now less about the actual message/issue and more or less just becoming performative at this point. Like above: if 90% of the team is standing and 10% is kneeling, the 10% are the ones who stand out. But if just 10% are standing and 90% are kneeling then the "standers" are the odd ones out and a lot of times I think you'll see them go along with it just as to not stand out so much.

So it is what it is. It doesn't bother me any if teams want to kneel before kick-off. That's no skin off my back. But I do wonder if in doing so they are perhaps having the opposite of the intended effect. I dunno, just kind of thinking out loud.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:38 pm

". But I do wonder if in doing so they are perhaps having the opposite of the intended effect. I dunno, just kind of thinking out loud."

Exactly this... Which I along with many have been saying for months.

The same with the rainbow issue...
When things start getting repetitive and exaggerated become counter productive...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:22 pm

The thing is, Kaepernick did it before most of all the bandwagoners followed years after. Things like that where a big issue in the US before, in Europe or in soccer nobody gave a fuck back then. But after the George thing, all of a sudden everyone did because it got so much attention. Sometimes i doubt if everyone who actually does it, is indeed sincere with the right intention in doing it..

Like i said before, bad shit on social media generates traffic, which generates money.. So if people know by doing they can get a piece of the pie...
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Haha at City ....
Grealish is a fraud
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Imagine when Guardiola has no contact at all with his club and favorite player... simply unbelievable and now it's the fact he missed out on Messi because of Jack Grealish.

But okay... H. Kane shall bring them solace.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Who says that Messi wants to play for City? I dont think he will have fun times over there..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe