You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Fénix » Mon May 24, 2021 8:58 am

By the way, Tuchel secured the CL despite a potential CL defeat.

West Ham also failed to repeat 1998/1999 (5th place) or surpass and end up at historical 4th place.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am

Fénix wrote:By the way, Tuchel secured the CL despite a potential CL defeat.

West Ham also failed to repeat 1998/1999 (5th place) or surpass and end up at historical 4th place.
I wanted Che out from the top four so they can be ultra motivated to beat Man City
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon May 24, 2021 10:15 am

I only cared about Leicester to finish 3rd or 4th, but that didn't happen thanks to their stupidity in the last 5 matchday and now Liverpool are super happy.

Overall it was a great PL season and the table from 1st to 12th position shows me that.

Leeds were fantastic in their first season under Marcelo Bielsa. I hope the Argentinean won't repeat his flies in head and leave the club for God knows what reason and stay for another full season and further strengthen and improve the Yorkshire side.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:24 am

Fénix wrote:I only cared about Leicester to finish 3rd or 4th, but that didn't happen thanks to their stupidity in the last 5 matchday and now Liverpool are super happy.

Overall it was a great PL season and the table from 1st to 12th position shows me that.

Leeds were fantastic in their first season under Marcelo Bielsa. I hope the Argentinean won't repeat his flies in head and leave the club for God knows what reason and stay for another full season and further strengthen and improve the Yorkshire side.
With more consistency and attention leeds could have ended in the conference league
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:

I wanted Che out from the top four so they can be ultra motivated to beat Man City
Why do you prefer Chelsea? It’s not like they’re not also a money club
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby maknine » Mon May 24, 2021 12:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

From a Bayern perspective, a Leicester qualification would have been amazing.

One of the issues of the Bundesliga is lack of consistency in teams besides Bayern (if BVB and Leipzig keep on playing the CL for the next 5/10 years in a row, then things would look way better.)
Think of Atletico transforming La Liga into a 3-team league, and also competing against, and eliminating top dogs in the CL.

I was hoping that Chelsea and Juve would miss the CL next season, as it means that there would be less "big/rich teams" to compete against, not just in the CL KO stage, but in the transfer market, extending our fan base etc,.

But well, Leicster City and Napoli fucked up in the end.
maknine
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Why do you prefer Chelsea? It’s not like they’re not also a money club
I like it when a club with zero titles remain so even after spending close to a billion ...

Also Chelsea even though I hate them for 2012 still I consider that the debacle gave us the energy for the following year ... So they indirectly were the catalyst for the 2013 treble.

And there are three Ger NT players plus a German manager...

And cause of all the pep fan boys (sorry)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon May 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Many older people heard of Chelsea before Roman Abramovich and summer 2003, younger people and kids always forget that to mention.
I know few fans from my city who are Chelsea fans since Dennis Wise, Mark Hughes, Graeme Le Saux, Zola, Vialli, Leboeuf, Gullit, Tore Andre Flo, Jody Morris and Petrescu days.

Even West Ham and Millwall here have a reputation and some sympathizers.

Vinnie Jones is probably one of the most famous Welsh/English/UK footballers you surely won't hear anywhere, but among old(er) folks and romantics he is a damn football legend and king. 8) =P~ And all this before globalization and dial-up internet, so go figure. :wink:

Some film lovers know him for his supporting roles as a villain in many movies over the past 22 years. :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Yeah, my mum’s uncle has been a Chelsea fan for several decades. City were also decent for some time in the 60s and 70s as well though, no?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Super happy for Brentford's promotion, they deserved it after last season heartbreak
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 29, 2021 8:33 pm

To carry on the discussion from the Haaland thread: England really succeeded in making their football something cultural. I think fantasy football and betting are really underrated contributors to that. Football even at the lower levels has become such an important part of their society that inevitably it brings in more viewers and more sponsors. Naturally rich owners and the English language are also big advantages.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:38 pm

@Lukas

Is that you ?

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:@Lukas

Is that you ?

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Not enough insults
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:00 am

It isn’t me... but I don’t whether to be happy or disappointed that I’m not unique. If that guy reads the forum, hey drop me a message and we can talk about our love of Bayern and rant about our hatred of English nationalism and the England football team together :mrgreen:
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Lukas » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:03 am

He’s just gone down in my estimations though. Scrolling through his Twitter page and he wants us to sign Son
Lukas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe