You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Mani » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Yeah I’m not happy with the board at all. Sane was a top signing, Dantas and Nianzou possibly for the future, but other than that it was a bad transfer window. 19-20 was hardly better.

Something needs to change.
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:51 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:But let me ask you something

Are there any teams happy with their transfers nowadays?

We are criticising Sarr, Costa, Choupo and Roca. Chelsea aren't happy with Havertz or Werner. United could pretty much say the same about Van de Beek......

I'm quite sure that the pandemic, lack of pre season and tight schedule are the main reasons why this is happening. And if you think about it, we tend to criticise our new signings but it's not like everyone else is playing well. Gnabry, Goretzka, Pavard, Davies... most of our players are underperforming too

And before #12 posts any pessimistic stuff... NO, I do not think they are average players or that they somehow had a fluke season last year.
The only one that really deserves criticism is Sané, because he was a big money transfer and apart from the first few games has been utterly invisible. I’m hopeful he’ll make it eventually but so far he deserves all the criticism.

Sarr was shit, true, but he is only a backup. He was never meant to be even close to Pavard and if Richards is better, so be it. Better to have a 3rd/4th RB (depending on how we see Kimmich) than none. Sarr getting so many minutes is really up to Flick. I don’t understand why Pavard hasn’t been playing in some games.

Costa is still adjusting but truthfully he hasn’t been worse than Gnabry and Sané. He’ll be a good backup yet when it really matters I think.

Roca hasn’t been given much chance and was decent when he did. No complaints there. Choupo has also mostly done his job well as a backup.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

We are criticising Sarr, Costa, Choupo and Roca. Chelsea aren't happy with Havertz or Werner. United could pretty much say the same about Van de Beek......

I'm quite sure that the pandemic, lack of pre season and tight schedule are the main reasons why this is happening. And if you think about it, we tend to criticise our new signings but it's not like everyone else is playing well. Gnabry, Goretzka, Pavard, Davies... most of our players are underperforming too

And before #12 posts any pessimistic stuff... NO, I do not think they are average players or that they somehow had a fluke season last year.
The only one that really deserves criticism is Sané, because he was a big money transfer and apart from the first few games has been utterly invisible. I’m hopeful he’ll make it eventually but so far he deserves all the criticism.

Sarr was shit, true, but he is only a backup. He was never meant to be even close to Pavard and if Richards is better, so be it. Better to have a 3rd/4th RB (depending on how we see Kimmich) than none. Sarr getting so many minutes is really up to Flick. I don’t understand why Pavard hasn’t been playing in some games.

Costa is still adjusting but truthfully he hasn’t been worse than Gnabry and Sané. He’ll be a good backup yet when it really matters I think.

Roca hasn’t been given much chance and was decent when he did. No complaints there. Choupo has also mostly done his job well as a backup.
EMCM couldn’t convert the most clear cut chance of the season so far... Costa can get Gnabry a water or a croissant, but he is a great deal worse... Roca... Meh... There’s a reason no one wanted him... I‘m not saying every signing has to be WC... But we are not strengthening our squad... We do have talent, but a huge part of it is lucking out in their development after Flick took over! Our transfers in the last few seasons have been utterly humiliating!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:22 pm

Mani wrote:Yeah I’m not happy with the board at all. Sane was a top signing, Dantas and Nianzou possibly for the future, but other than that it was a bad transfer window. 19-20 was hardly better.

Something needs to change.

That's the thing. Nianzou and Dantas have a lot of potential while at the same time there's a question mark on them. If they turn out well, in 5 years time we might be laughing at how ridiculously great the last window was. Or not. Time will tell.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 pm

I think Barça with Dest is the only example. The fans seem happy with him.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Man Utd on equal pts with Liverpool after winning vs an inform tm of Aston Villa.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Man Utd on equal pts with Liverpool after winning vs an inform tm of Aston Villa.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Gundogan just scored a neat goal for City against Chelsea.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Allegri to Chelsea you are reading it first here
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Solskjaer hits back at Klopp over penalty jibes [source]

They have been given 42 in all competitions since Solskjaer took over in December 2018 compared to Liverpool’s 19 in the same period.

Liverpool have had 46 penalties since Klopp arrived on Merseyside in 2015.
:shock:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:11 pm

Mansoor has literally bought a trophy :lol:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... at-auction
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:30 pm

Lukas wrote:Mansoor has literally bought a trophy :lol:

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE LET HIM BID... that is an English thing and should have stayed in the hands of an English man :evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE LET HIM BID... that is an English thing and should have stayed in the hands of an English man :evil:
Relax, he‘ll probably put it in their museum... Exhibit one
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:55 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Relax, he‘ll probably put it in their museum... Exhibit one

Correct 8)
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Mansoor has literally bought a trophy

Through a blood test, right?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe