You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
rthebest wrote:Most of English media already throwing Werner and Havertz under the bus. Basically they say both coming from inferior league and not physically and mentally ready for PL.
TBF they might have a pt. It hurts admitting it....
Playing against each other (ger v eng) it may not always show cause every game has its own history... but otherwise everyone has his eyes to watch the gulf in the difference that exists between the two leagues
Meh... I am the first to tell you that Bundesliga is mediocre... But this "gulf"... It's just not there...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:40 pm

German players have never really taken to English football, apart from maybe Ballack. I don’t know why but it certainly isn’t because of a “gulf”. I don’t see a big difference in standard between mediocre English teams and mediocre BL teams, but their top 6 are better than the likes of Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach and Dortmund. That’s the only notable difference for me.

One match I would like to see for comedy value, would be Schalke v Sheffield United :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Lukas wrote:German players have never really taken to English football, apart from maybe Ballack. I don’t know why but it certainly isn’t because of a “gulf”. I don’t see a big difference in standard between mediocre English teams and mediocre BL teams, but their top 6 are better than the likes of Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach and Dortmund. That’s the only notable difference for me.

One match I would like to see for comedy value, would be Schalke v Sheffield United :lol:
Why do you like to see people suffer?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Just saw a boy with a full Chelsea gear with #29 Havertz
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Everton v City called off cause of Covid

All the best
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Chelsea changed some 8 starters from the Arsenal match
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mani » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:31 am

Lukas wrote:German players have never really taken to English football, apart from maybe Ballack. I don’t know why but it certainly isn’t because of a “gulf”. I don’t see a big difference in standard between mediocre English teams and mediocre BL teams, but their top 6 are better than the likes of Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach and Dortmund. That’s the only notable difference for me.

That ”top6” includes Arsenal? We are trying to have a serious conversation here :wink:

Also it’s not like Chelsea and United have been world beaters either. I do agree though that their top3 is pretty strong(Liverpool, City, Tottenham) and have been playing decent football the last 3-4 years.
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:35 am

I wonder what are @Jorge 's thoughts on Werner and Havertz failing to adjust to Chel$ki. I haven't been watching but apparently they are deploying Werner at LW and it isn't working.

Just to clear, I also thought we should have gotten the guy (still do) instead of some of the deadwood we bring each year (Costa, Coutinho).

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:24 am

The problem that I've seen with Chelsea this year is that they try to attack on the wings and play crosses 90% of the times. And Timo Werner is not a proper winger so he struggles in that position.

So whenever any team parks the bus or defends with too many players in the box it is virtually impossible for them to score.

And then their defense is always very exposed and they concede goals easily

It's like a cheap version of Bayern, just that they don't have a GK like Neuer, a CM like Kimmich, a CF like Lewandowski and a coach like Flick 8)

And also we have that deadly Lewy - Müller partnership to play through the middle.

I don't know if Lampard is the right guy or not, but they definitely need time to adapt all their players and create their system. Whoever was expecting immediate success was a little bit deluded
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:42 am

Ziyech will be imp for them plus they should not play with one forward, but a partnership of-:

Werner plus Abraham/Havertz/Giroud
In a 442 formation

Ziyech Kante jorginho Pulisic

Havertz. Werner
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 am

But let me ask you something

Are there any teams happy with their transfers nowadays?

We are criticising Sarr, Costa, Choupo and Roca. Chelsea aren't happy with Havertz or Werner. United could pretty much say the same about Van de Beek......

I'm quite sure that the pandemic, lack of pre season and tight schedule are the main reasons why this is happening. And if you think about it, we tend to criticise our new signings but it's not like everyone else is playing well. Gnabry, Goretzka, Pavard, Davies... most of our players are underperforming too

And before #12 posts any pessimistic stuff... NO, I do not think they are average players or that they somehow had a fluke season last year.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:25 am

The lack of pre-season (which was kind of have been done in April/May and another one before the final eight) is having its toll no doubt.

In Chelsea's case as you pointed out the chemistry question is another imp thing which at the moment is lacking.

We may end up seeing a strong Che tm after Feb March (covid20 permitting)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:But let me ask you something

Are there any teams happy with their transfers nowadays?

We are criticising Sarr, Costa, Choupo and Roca. Chelsea aren't happy with Havertz or Werner. United could pretty much say the same about Van de Beek......

I'm quite sure that the pandemic, lack of pre season and tight schedule are the main reasons why this is happening. And if you think about it, we tend to criticise our new signings but it's not like everyone else is playing well. Gnabry, Goretzka, Pavard, Davies... most of our players are underperforming too

And before #12 posts any pessimistic stuff... NO, I do not think they are average players or that they somehow had a fluke season last year.
I think SOME did...
Goretzka is not really underperforming either IMHO, he just only works really well with the right partner...

Pavard IMHO DID have a fluke/overperform...
Davies probably didn’t but man, it was like 8 months, he needs to confirm he can keep that level fir a while...
With Gnabry, I was always skeptical, but he had two good years and now plays as I expected... I hope the "fluke" is now and not vice versa...

Overall, we do not have only average players... But we brought only below average except Sané...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mani » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:46 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I wonder what are @Jorge 's thoughts on Werner and Havertz failing to adjust to Chel$ki. I haven't been watching but apparently they are deploying Werner at LW and it isn't working.

Just to clear, I also thought we should have gotten the guy (still do) instead of some of the deadwood we bring each year (Costa, Coutinho).

Wanted Werner at Bayern aswell, could still get him if things don’t change at Chelsea in the future. I think he’s ambitious enough not to waste too much time on a team that’s not winning anything and Chelsea could be ready to try something else if he’s actually not performing that well. But that would be after the 21-22 season earliest imo.
It’s a bit annoying since he wasn’t even that expensive, don’t know why the board thinks that taking mediocre players on loan is a better idea than spending 50m on a top class german player who’s 24y too.

Havertz has always been way overhyped, not surprised to hear it’s not working well for him. Although they are apparently struggling whoever is playing so maybe the team, coach or both are just not good enough
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:57 am

Mani wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I wonder what are @Jorge 's thoughts on Werner and Havertz failing to adjust to Chel$ki. I haven't been watching but apparently they are deploying Werner at LW and it isn't working.

Wanted Werner at Bayern aswell, could still get him if things don’t change at Chelsea in the future. I think he’s ambitious enough not to waste too much time on a team that’s not winning anything and Chelsea could be ready to try something else if he’s actually not performing that well. But that would be after the 21-22 season earliest imo.
It’s a bit annoying since he wasn’t even that expensive, don’t know why the board thinks that taking mediocre players on loan is a better idea than spending 50m on a top class german player who’s 24y too.

Havertz has always been way overhyped, not surprised to hear it’s not working well for him. Although they are apparently struggling whoever is playing so maybe the team, coach or both are just not good enough
We're not just taking them on loan... Sarr got a 4 year (!) contract... FOUR years!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe