You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Nah. I'm with Mutu on this one. Davies' first season was out of this world good. It's the Liverpool players that are ridiculously overrated.

Hell not long ago most of this forum agreed that Firmino > Müller xD

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Liverpool v Bayern

Liverpool
gk almost as good as Manu...
Better wingers
Better full backs
With Virgil their defense is more solid than ours...
They have a stronger bench
Manager as good as ours if not better

Therefore atm Liverpool have the upper hand

Behind the two of us imo there are Man C , Real and Juve and PSG
Couldn’t disagree more.

Their goalkeeper is the second best in the world, but he is not almost as good as ours. There are maybe 3-4 GKs in HISTORY who are almost as good as ours.
You’re supposed to say their wingers are better, and yet when Sané played in the same league as them he was the better player, and Gnabry last year was part of the best CL forward duo of all time. Granted, they are both in terrible form, but as they say, form is temporary. Conversely we also have probably the most in form winger in top teams right now.
When/if we resort to last season’s full backs, ours are way better. Seriously, there’s hardly any comparison here. There’s a lot of hype around Alexander-Arnold but I have never seen him pull off a performance significantly better than Pavard. Davies is unparalleled.
That said, I agree their defence is more solid than ours at the moment. That’s mostly down to us not having a midfield.
Both benches are strong, to the extent that it’s not significant. I think I rate ours more though.

Trying to be objective:

There are a lot of English players - not just Liverpool ones, but they are a big example - who IMO get a lot of hype-bonus just for playing in the PL. Don't get me wrong. They have a lot of good players. But there's also a lot who would be seen as wholly unremarkable if they were plying their trade in any other league.

I also think it's important to consider that like....we shouldn't assume that Bayern will not improve and that Liverpool will not decline. It's hard to pick a proper 'time' to compare the two squads. It may be that Liverpool are in better form right now, but it may also be that when it counts most *we* will be in better form. Hard to say. At the moment - going off of the last complete season we saw - we can at least say that our 2019-2020 peak was far, far ahead of Liverpool's 2019-2020 peak, I don't think that's really up for debate. But that only gets you so far.

In whatever case, I think position for position we still match up really well.

GK: Bayern - Neuer > Allison
LB: Bayern - Davies > Robertson
CB: Bayern - Lucas/Sule > Any non-VVD Liverpool CB (Gomez, Matip, Lovren, whoever)
CB: Liverpool - VVD > Boateng, Sule, Alaba, Pavard, etc
RB: Liverpool - TAA > Pavard/Sarr/Sule/Richards
DM: Bayern - Kimmich > Fabinho. Maybe a push with a fit Thiago, but we all know that can be hard to come by...
CM: Bayern - Goretzka > Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Ox, whoever
AM: Bayern - Muller > literally anyone they would play at AM
LW: Liverpool - Mane > Coman/Sane
RW: Liverpool - Salah > Gnabry/Costa (Though TBH Gnabry was arguably better last season...)
ST: Bayern - Lewy > Firmino, Origi, anyone

Out of 11 I have it favoring Bayern 7-4, with an argument to be made for Thiago in CM, but beyond that? Not a ton to debate IMO
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:44 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeah, Ramsej completely lost the argument once he said anyone is better than Davies.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Well, I think currently Davies is not that good... Of course that is compared to who-the-fuck-is-Semedo-Davies from 5 months ago so the benchmark is pretty high...

Davies at 50% quality of last season (he's higher than that) would still be better than the average Robertson performance.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:47 pm

aterford, Coman is in better form right now than both Mane and Salah.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:52 pm

MUTU wrote:aterford, Coman is in better form right now than both Mane and Salah.

And as I said, Sane, getting so much flack from us, is on 5 goals and 3 assists. Mane has 6 and 4, respectively, with significantly more minutes (almost twice as many). Now imagine Sane gains form.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:17 pm

MUTU wrote:aterford, Coman is in better form right now than both Mane and Salah.

I guess that depends on how you define 'form'.
Coman's been way better than his usual level in recent weeks, and you could argue that in the past month or so he has been better than Salah. But bigger-picture? I'm not totally sure there. I tried to consider not just right now, but also the season as a whole, and also the level we saw each player at towards the end of last season.... Basically just where a given player was at for calendar year 2020.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Was not aware that he has retired...

I really liked him... remember when Bayern expressed interest some ten or so years ago!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Hudson-Odoi is Salihamidžić's boy while Baines was Christian Nerlinger's boy - never happened. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am

I have a feeling the season will be suspended again, the situation is so serious in England and Wales with the new super spreading version. Don’t care if it’s just English football but I’m worried the other leagues will follow. Hopefully the rest of Europe will keep it under control but Germany and France have already found their first cases of the new version.

I didn’t think it would be stopped again, but the mutant has changed things
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Lukas wrote:I have a feeling the season will be suspended again, the situation is so serious in England and Wales with the new super spreading version. Don’t care if it’s just English football but I’m worried the other leagues will follow. Hopefully the rest of Europe will keep it under control but Germany and France have already found their first cases of the new version.

Italy and the Netherlands have it as well...
Is this strain the one that came from the minks?
This new strain is more dangerous as the infectious rate is 70% more powerful and apparently it is also attacking children ...
They told us that the vaccine can beat even this new version but I doubt...
We are stuck in this hell for years to come....
My wish for the new year is : whoever is responsible for the original one will pay dearly for it....
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:I have a feeling the season will be suspended again, the situation is so serious in England and Wales with the new super spreading version. Don’t care if it’s just English football but I’m worried the other leagues will follow. Hopefully the rest of Europe will keep it under control but Germany and France have already found their first cases of the new version.

This new strain is more dangerous as the infectious rate is 70% more powerful and apparently it is also attacking children ...
My wish for the new year is : whoever is responsible for the original one will pay dearly for it....

No I think it’s a different one to the mink one. This one originally came from South Africa. It’s going to go on for years. It’s changing too fast even though they said that it was changing slowly...
Lukas

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

No I think it’s a different one to the mink one. This one originally came from South Africa. It’s going to go on for years. It’s changing too fast even though they said that it was changing slowly...
Yes I read something about SAF... but they are claiming otherwise...
I don't know where and when this going to end...
If we are going to start again like 2020 we may have an even worse 2021....
Most probably the European Championships will be forfeited... so will the Olympics.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:38 pm

2021 is certainly another write off in my eyes. For a few weeks I had hope but the last week has changed things for the worse again
Lukas

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:15 pm

But vaccine after vaccine is rolling out now. Don’t give up hope yet guys!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

What the fuck us it to you? This is like the death penalty for someone who killed another person... Are they becoming alive again?

Your wish is nothing but petty!

My wish is for humanity to overcome this kind of simple thinking and work on actual solutions!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe