You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Erm not sure why any of you are surprised. Pep is staying forever at City because he gets to sign his players. It’s very obviously the only thing he ever wants in football.

Klopp needs his players too so he’d have failed here with this shit board. Flick practically worked from Ancelotti’s and Kovac’s scraps. Different levels.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 am

Yeah, TBH I've never really understood the spending criticisms too much. I think Pep's name makes the discussion kind of loaded but look at it like this:
"Manchester City's manager is spending the funds that Manchester City have made available to him"

I don't think Pep is particularly unique in that he's chosen to spend the money that he's been told he can spend. I'm 100% sure if Liverpool told Klopp he could 200m every summer....Klopp would absolutely do it. He wouldn't choose to not improve his squad just because he wants a bigger challenge or something.

If the club told Hansi he had 200m to spend, do you think he'd say "No thanks, I just want Sane, Roca, and Sarr for 60m, then I'll just add some free transfers of Nianzou, Choupo, and Nubel and loan Costa and we'll be all set. You can keep the extra 140m, I don't need it" ? Of course not, lmao.

And I'm 99% sure the same is true of pretty much every manager. So it is what it is. Can Pep only win when he spends big? Obviously not, look at his time at Bayern or Barca and you'll see that's not the case. Can Pep only win with a top squad? I mean, sure, but that's the case for pretty much every top manager when it comes to the biggest competitions. How many managers are able to consistently succeed without a top squad and without spending big? With the exception of Flick - who's only had one (weird) transfer window, pretty much every top manager in the game today is also one of the biggest-spending managers of all time. That's the game.

Anyways IMO it's a nothing criticism and only internet debaters really care to argue about how much a given manager spends. So, I just really don't care if this or that manager spends a lot of money when his club says "You can spend a lot of money". So what!
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:26 am

aterford wrote:If the club told Hansi he had 200m to spend, do you think he'd say "No thanks, I just want Sane, Roca, and Sarr for 60m, then I'll just add some free transfers of Nianzou, Choupo, and Nubel and loan Costa and we'll be all set. You can keep the extra 140m, I don't need it" ? Of course not, lmao.

Of course not.

Spoiler: show
He’d Sane, Roca and Sarr for 200 million. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:43 am

I think the issue with Guardiola and Manchester City is not that they spend so much(although I don't like an endless amount of oil money being pumped into a club), but that they spend very inefficiently. They should be getting far better results with the amount of money they're spending on transfers.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:10 pm

#12 wrote:: was Kovac leaving an orgasm? Or is there something even bigger than that?

Going from Kovac to Flick :shock:

From losing 5-1 in Frankfurt to become the best team in football history in just a matter of months and with the same players :lol:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:20 pm

There's also another problem for him

In the Premier League even the new promoted clubs spends huge amounts of money. And then you have Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal.

Overall I think he's done pretty well with Manchester City. He just needs a little bit of luck in the Champions League decisive stages. He had that luck with Barcelona but lately there's always something that lets him down. Either injuries, missed penalties, controversial referee decisions, GK blunders, clear chances missed...
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Havertz isn't evenon the bench
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Hehehe Shitty lost 2-0 to Tottenham. I see they are celebrating the renewal of Pep's contract in the best possible way xD

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Pep is going straight to his boss asking for another billion £
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Fernapendes
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:10 pm

If this is how it's going to be during the whole season, then this is going to be the most interesting Premier League campaign in the 21st century. :D

2 Manchester clubs and Arsenal are simply... no comment when you see their current standings. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:46 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:43 pm

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... n-19342314

Has Bielsa lost just one game all year and won every trophy his team entered? Nope.

Only one man deserves this award surely
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Lukas wrote:https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/marcelo-bielsa-fifa-award-nomination-19342314

Has Bielsa lost just one game all year and won every trophy his team entered? Nope.

Only one man deserves this award surely
Don't worry they aren't going to give it to him.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Bloody Ancellotti :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe