You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Harry Maguire allegedly assaulted a policeman.

https://sportsdesk.com.mt/2020/08/22/ma ... e-assault/
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:16 pm

MUTU wrote:Harry Maguire allegedly assaulted a policeman.

https://sportsdesk.com.mt/2020/08/22/ma ... e-assault/
I heard that Bruno Fernandes is on his way to Greece as he is willing to accept the penalty given.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:40 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:08 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Hahaha, what an asshole, hope they lock him up for a few months
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 am

The whole situation seems fishy to me. Maguire and Co's accounts of the incident are just bizarre, the police accounts are odd, got arrested and to trial within a week, put before a three-man tribunal (and gave the defense no time to prepare) who decided he was guilty, and already handed down a sentence - which will be suspended and presumably accompanied by a fat fine.

I'm certainly no legal expert but as far as I know Maguire is generally regarded as a fairly polite and humble guy (overpriced as he may be..) and Greece and their police force/justice system are thought to be among the most corrupt in Europe so... I don't know. Just feels kind of like a shakedown or something.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:51 am

aterford wrote:The whole situation seems fishy to me. Maguire and Co's accounts of the incident are just bizarre, the police accounts are odd, got arrested and to trial within a week, put before a three-man tribunal (and gave the defense no time to prepare) who decided he was guilty, and already handed down a sentence - which will be suspended and presumably accompanied by a fat fine.

I'm certainly no legal expert but as far as I know Maguire is generally regarded as a fairly polite and humble guy (overpriced as he may be..) and Greece and their police force/justice system are thought to be among the most corrupt in Europe so... I don't know. Just feels kind of like a shakedown or something.

Yeah it’s a really weird situation. Seems shady
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:54 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Can’t believe many including me wanted this guy, while others freaked that the board were too naive to trust Gnabry!
However, just imagine being Nicolas Pepe and finding out about this.

Most were begging to spend TONS of money just for the sake of spending actually. I was in that phase too under Kovac but mostly for wingers because there is a limited pool to pick from and you had to pay something extra.

Bayern once again showed the world that money alone doesn't make you successful by winning this CL and beating the ambassador of this spending philosophy PSG.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 am

aterford wrote:The whole situation seems fishy to me. Maguire and Co's accounts of the incident are just bizarre, the police accounts are odd, got arrested and to trial within a week, put before a three-man tribunal (and gave the defense no time to prepare) who decided he was guilty, and already handed down a sentence - which will be suspended and presumably accompanied by a fat fine.

They are just after his money that's all
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:41 am

Achilles wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Can’t believe many including me wanted this guy, while others freaked that the board were too naive to trust Gnabry!
However, just imagine being Nicolas Pepe and finding out about this.

Most were begging to spend TONS of money just for the sake of spending actually. I was in that phase too under Kovac but mostly for wingers because there is a limited pool to pick from and you had to pay something extra.

Bayern once again showed the world that money alone doesn't make you successful by winning this CL and beating the ambassador of this spending philosophy PSG.
Yeah but that’s exactly the point...

Even Gnabry still needs to develop more, but the actual point was having a winger... I was never really sold on Pepe... It's just that at the time, he was the best available option... Or has anyone seen me call for another winger now we have Sané?

It’s other departments where I think we need reinforcements despite success...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:08 am

#12 wrote:

87m euros Breno? :lol:
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:59 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
#12 wrote:

87m euros Breno? :lol:

At least Breno had the excuse of being a young, immature man on a new continent in a difficult situation. This guy is supposed to be an experienced leader and national team player.

That's a lot worse in my opinion.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Well done, Mateo! This is by far his greatest individual achievement in career! =D>

Too bad he lost 5-6 years combined at Inter and Real Madrid.
His talent development has suffered a lot and many Croats have called him an alibi player for the last 5 years. He is 26 years old, reminds me a bit of Kimmich who is 25 years old already and also barely played and developed as midfielder in the last 5 years except under Ancelotti and Kovač/Flick, but at least Kimmich was brilliant as fullback and played since 2016/2017 regularly somewhere.
He is such a great talent, you could expect him to be like Modrić and Thiago 6-7-8 years ago, but the clubs he chose didn't help him at all.

Kovačić never became first-team player at Real Madrid and at Chelsea he found some space to breathe. Maybe he saves himself somehow in the next 7 years since he was considered way bigger talent than Modrić, but people can't see this in practice on the field in both club and NT shirt.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Five Chelsea players tested positive for Covid-19
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Lampard is copying Bayern's tactics...

from 3-4-3 to 4-2-3-1:

tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:18 pm

There’s a lot of hype around this Chelsea side but I think they’ll flop. Their defence is bad. Their front line is good and young, but nowhere close to that of top teams.

Meanwhile in the Community Shield, Liverpool look very uninspired. I’m liking Arsenal though.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe