You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:42 pm

For those of you who want Havertz, this is good news. It increases the chances of Chelsea missing out on the CL and they seem to be the only ones willing to match the asking price.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:For those of you who want Havertz, this is good news. It increases the chances of Chelsea missing out on the CL and they seem to be the only ones willing to match the asking price.

Yep. Mixed feelings in that regard. Haha. I think Chelsea's odds of making top 4 are still decent, though....
With two spots decided (Liverpool, City), it's really just down to United, Chelsea, and Leicester for the last two. United are in really good form at the moment and have a fairly easy schedule remaining (Southampton, Palace, West Ham, Leicester) and of course a game in hand for the moment. Chelsea's schedule is not super easy - Norwich (of course should be an easy win) but also Liverpool and Wolves. Liverpool seem to be mostly coasting at the moment though, so we'll see how that goes.
On the other hand Leicester have a kinda tough schedule (Sheffield, Spurs, United) and have been in really bad form as of late.

Even if United keep up their current form, we'd need to see LCFC really turn things around (they will basically need to take points in all their remaining matches) and Chelsea drop some points in probably two matches to see them miss top 4. Of course there are any number of combinations of results to get there but that seems most likely at the moment. FWIW at the moment FiveThirtyEight puts Chelsea at 73% to make UCL and Leicester at 42%.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Yeah, Leicester gave Chelsea a huge gift yesterday. Add in the fact that United and Leicester have to play against each other and things look good for them.

Like you said a lot depends on whether Liverpool show up for the game. I can see Wolves taking points against Chelsea.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah, Leicester gave Chelsea a huge gift yesterday. Add in the fact that United and Leicester have to play against each other and things look good for them.

Like you said a lot depends on whether Liverpool show up for the game. I can see Wolves taking points against Chelsea.

IF Chelsea were to lose vs both Liverpool and Wolves...then Leicester make it with draws vs Sheffield and Spurs and a loss vs United. Assuming United win out (I suspect they will).
Actually, I think GD is in LCFC's favor enough that they at least have a bit more flexibility.
Assuming Chelsea beats Norwich and United beats Southampton and Palace...
With three matches left, if Leicester win one, draw one, and lose one, Leicester should make it as long as Chelsea lose vs Wolves.
If they win one and draw two...their GD is good enough that they should still make top 4 if Chelsea win, lose, and draw a match each of their last three.

Of course like I said, any number of potential outcomes. It is still in Chelsea's favor but not totally lost for LCFC yet.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Am I seeing some serious Premier League discussions here? :lol: So, the league is so entertaining and who's gonna finish 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, ha? :wink:

Sheffield Utd have really impressed when they destroyed Chelsea, but Leicester to lose against Bournemouth? Come on... They already lost the track when they couldn't follow Liverpool and later City.

Now every damn match is like a final to the Foxes.

I think both Manchester United and Chelsea will end up 3rd and 4th.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Manchester United down at home vs Southampton
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:19 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Manchester United down at home vs Southampton
2-1 up already haha
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
2-1 up already haha

I remember the times when a genius named Mourinho said "Martial and Rashford couldn’t play together". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is his goal number 50 for United. And one question?

Brunooo. Why you're so good, Bruno?
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:41 pm

We should have bought Martial when he was out of favor :(

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:33 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:We should have bought Martial when he was out of favor :(

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

I fully believe he could have been brought in for the wing then transitioned to be Lewandowskis successor
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
2-1 up already haha

I remember the times when a genius named Mourinho said "Martial and Rashford couldn’t play together". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is his goal number 50 for United. And one question?

Brunooo. Why you're so good, Bruno?

Mourinho's time is over looooong time ago. He can't even coach any top team but at least he can still be among the top 3 most paid coaches in football. :lol:

This ManU promises a lot. 3-4 new interesting players to sign and they might be title contenders or once again establish themselves in England's top 3.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 pm

They're on a really good run right now. Ole might yet make a believer out of me....not yet, but maybe...
IMO their defense is still pretty crap tho
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Oops... 2-2 in the final seconds.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:11 pm

With all the condescension towards ManUre here it’s interesting we won one measly CL in their whole worse than us period…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe