You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Fénix wrote:Who's got more experience than the mentioned above? :D

I was talking about experienced players, not ex football stars in their 30s with a huge pay check and zero motivation

Thiago would be great, but Thiago Silva, Javi Martinez and Cavani ???????

YlonenXabi wrote:Why would you invest on old players with high salary demands?

ramsej84 wrote:To build the team around them. And to attract more players.

Why would you build your team around 30 year old players ? That makes no sense
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:43 pm

To help the other young inexperienced players.
When you are young and play with such players you look up and them and you get motivated and kind of you feel a certain pride of having the chance to play along side these players.

The old players will help to make the transition
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
No doubt about it really, you dreamers…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:10 am

Chelsea continues their renovations plans at full steam under Frank Lampard, probably the most aggressive club during the current post pandemic transfer window. Besides the recent signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner and the declared intention to meet Leverkusen's asking price for Kai Havertz; Leicester City's Ben Chilwell (23) and West Ham's Declan Rice (21) might on their way to Stamford Bridge.
The club, currently 3rd in the English Top flight, seems determined to maintain its status as one of the top clubs in the world.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:52 am

Jorge wrote:Chelsea continues their renovations plans at full steam under Frank Lampard, probably the most aggressive club during the current post pandemic transfer window. Besides the recent signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner and the declared intention to meet Leverkusen's asking price for Kai Havertz; Leicester City's Ben Chilwell (23) and West Ham's Declan Rice (21) might on their way to Stamford Bridge.
The club, currently 3rd in the English Top flight, seems determined to maintain its status as one of the top clubs in the world.

Yeah, absolutely. I must add that I think United are also going into the right place with their youngsters starting to pay off lately. They have a lot of issues to fix, but the young core of Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Greenwood, Scott McTominay, Wan-Bissaka, and Williams is getting exciting to watch.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
Jorge wrote:Chelsea continues their renovations plans at full steam under Frank Lampard, probably the most aggressive club during the current post pandemic transfer window. Besides the recent signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner and the declared intention to meet Leverkusen's asking price for Kai Havertz; Leicester City's Ben Chilwell (23) and West Ham's Declan Rice (21) might on their way to Stamford Bridge.

Yeah, absolutely. I must add that I think United are also going into the right place with their youngsters starting to pay off lately. They have a lot of issues to fix, but the core young core of Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Greenwood, Scott McTominay, Wan-Bissaka, and Williams is getting exciting to watch.

In their case adding players such as Thiago, Havertz, Sancho and Haaland would mean "Ohhh boy!"

United's 20 years long domination in English football started with young players and the Golden generation 92'. Before that Alex Ferguson was in some moments very close of getting fired, but after 7 long years of his reign he finally won the first Premier League title and that was a start of something extremely fruitful for Manchester Utd.

They just need a way better guy in the office than Ed Woodward, someone who's got nose for young players and stars.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm

Fénix wrote:In their case adding players such as Thiago, Havertz, Sancho and Haaland would mean "Ohhh boy!"

United's 20 years long domination in English football started with young players and the Golden generation 92'. Before that Alex Ferguson was in some moments very close of getting fired, but after 7 long years of his reign he finally won the first Premier League title and that was a start of something extremely fruitful for Manchester Utd.

They just need a way better guy in the office than Ed Woodward, someone who's got nose for young players and stars.

I will be interesting to see how the EPL will shape when Chelsea and ManU's efforst bear fruits. Both clubs are revamping their squads while Solskjær and Lampard will get only better as they gain experience, it will be interesting to see how the likes of Guardiola and Klopp will cope with this type of pressure which could be substantially more than Spurs, Arsenal and Leicester and the other come and go clubs in recent seasons, which will remain in the mix as well.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Brunooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Meanwhile, ManUtd are the first team in Premier League history to win four consecutive games by 3+ goals.

At the same time:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lukas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Come on just tell us we all know what the verdict will be anyway :roll:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Lukas wrote:Come on just tell us we all know what the verdict will be anyway :roll:
Yeah but they at least have to make it seem like it was a due process...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:45 am

Jack Charlton, a member of the England 1966 World Cup winning side, has died aged 85, his former club Leeds United announced on Saturday.

Charlton - elder brother of his fellow World Cup winning team-mate Bobby - was an integral part of the great Don Revie managed Leeds United side that won the 1969 League title and the 1972 FA Cup.

Charlton also enjoyed a successful spell as manager of the Republic of Ireland acquiring the nickname 'Saint Jack' for guiding them to several major finals including the 1990 World Cup quarter-finals. [source]

RIP Sir... he is the third player from Leeds UTD to leave this world since April

Jeez--- Hunter Cherry and Charlton all played together as cbs
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:50 am

Lukas wrote:Come on just tell us we all know what the verdict will be anyway :roll:

And just as well. Justice means City don't have to be banned for doing nothing wrong.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Wilfried Zaha: “Subjected to vile racist abuse on Instagram” [source]

Police arrest 12-year-old boy after racist messages sent to Crystal Palace winger [source]

I was playing Pokemon when i was 12, WTF! :shock: :-? :shifty: :wtf: :wtf:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe