You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:27 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:To be fair, All Lives Matter wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t tainted by the anti-black counter-protest camp.

The saying All Lives Matter, taken on its own, is fine and something we should all believe. Used as a means of silencing the cry for equality and as a way for white people to make it all about themselves (like the “where were the protests after the Reading killing spree?” comments) is unacceptable though and it goes against the spirit of the slogan.
Not really... It’s a shallow hull as an - expected - smoke bomb by fucking RWs...

There’s no need for all lives matter as there is no discrimination against all lives!

Also...
In socio-political discourse, issues are dealt with when there’s a catalyst... Like the recent killings of black people... Those evoked the blm protests... There is NO ignition for an all lives matter movement other than to digress, distress, weaken the movement and to divide even more...
Either you misunderstood me or we disagree entirely.

I am saying that on its own the phrase All Lives Matter, taken to the spirit of the word, is not offensive. It is not tone deaf or dismissive like White Lives Matter is.

Put it this way. In a world where Black Lives Matter doesn’t exist, we could very easily have picked All Lives Matter as a slogan to protest the killing of black people. Something along the lines of “you can’t only get angry or react when white lives are lost. All lives matter!”

The phrase IS offensive, but only because it’s been tainted by a counter-movement that believes anything but the idea that all lives matter. They use it as a way to dismiss the black lives matter view and make the conversation about themselves again.

Someone posted the comic of the burning house with the “all houses matter” slogan. I think it represents it perfectly:
- as All Lives Matter is used, in real life, which is why it is offensive, it is exactly like in the comic: while someone is dying I insensitively cry yeah but all lives matter.
- as the phrase actually means though, the firefighter would shoot water towards the burning house: “of course I’ll stop the fire, all houses matter!”

Maybe this explains the distinction I was making better. The phrase isn’t offensive in itself and is something we should all believe. It’s how it’s been taken on by counter-protestors who do not believe it themselves that has made it offensive. You said there’s no room for an all lives matter movement but I’d say at the heart of it black lives matter and all lives matter isn’t really any different - if taken to the spirit of the word and not as those who use it are using it.

Anyway: congrats Liverpool haha
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 am

Fucking Scousers. As predicted they all swarmed onto the streets with no social distancing. Not a mention of it in the media. The place needs to be locked down right now. Don't let anyone out.

Same will happen here in a few weeks when leeds go up and our Covid numbers will go through the roof :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 am

They carcaded here too. I was out (distanced) and kept hearing car horns and was wondering what’s going on. Took me quite a while to realise City might have lost.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:03 am

Liverpool should organize a friendly with Floriana FC , the latter have been waiting almost the same number of years!

Unless they do not meet up in the group stages
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 am

30 years in one short video.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:11 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:To be fair, All Lives Matter wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t tainted by the anti-black counter-protest camp.

The saying All Lives Matter, taken on its own, is fine and something we should all believe. Used as a means of silencing the cry for equality and as a way for white people to make it all about themselves (like the “where were the protests after the Reading killing spree?” comments) is unacceptable though and it goes against the spirit of the slogan.
Not really... It’s a shallow hull as an - expected - smoke bomb by fucking RWs...

There’s no need for all lives matter as there is no discrimination against all lives!

Also...
In socio-political discourse, issues are dealt with when there’s a catalyst... Like the recent killings of black people... Those evoked the blm protests... There is NO ignition for an all lives matter movement other than to digress, distress, weaken the movement and to divide even more...
Either you misunderstood me or we disagree entirely.

I am saying that on its own the phrase All Lives Matter, taken to the spirit of the word, is not offensive. It is not tone deaf or dismissive like White Lives Matter is.

Put it this way. In a world where Black Lives Matter doesn’t exist, we could very easily have picked All Lives Matter as a slogan to protest the killing of black people. Something along the lines of “you can’t only get angry or react when white lives are lost. All lives matter!”

The phrase IS offensive, but only because it’s been tainted by a counter-movement that believes anything but the idea that all lives matter. They use it as a way to dismiss the black lives matter view and make the conversation about themselves again.

Someone posted the comic of the burning house with the “all houses matter” slogan. I think it represents it perfectly:
- as All Lives Matter is used, in real life, which is why it is offensive, it is exactly like in the comic: while someone is dying I insensitively cry yeah but all lives matter.
- as the phrase actually means though, the firefighter would shoot water towards the burning house: “of course I’ll stop the fire, all houses matter!”

Maybe this explains the distinction I was making better. The phrase isn’t offensive in itself and is something we should all believe. It’s how it’s been taken on by counter-protestors who do not believe it themselves that has made it offensive. You said there’s no room for an all lives matter movement but I’d say at the heart of it black lives matter and all lives matter isn’t really any different - if taken to the spirit of the word and not as those who use it are using it.

Anyway: congrats Liverpool haha
Yeah I misunderstood
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:20 pm

Fuck off Hull. Fucking embarrassment of a club :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Lukas wrote:Fuck off Hull. Fucking embarrassment of a club :twisted:
Leeds won a very imp game ...
Sorry
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:40 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:52 pm

They wouldn't accept not being let to celebrate
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Bruno Fernandes has now scored 5 goals and made 3 assists in his 8 Premier League appearances. Fuck man. I'm so happy about him since he's one of my absolute favourite players, but seeing him in United shirt alone, is not giving me so great feelings.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe