You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 am

MUTU wrote:With regards to BLM, I think it would have driven home the message a bit better if it was "Black Lives Matter Too", which is the underlying sentiment and people are not exactly getting.
Agreed. That said, they don’t get it because they are manipulated by perspectives from people who deliberately misinterpret it.

Semantically, what the phrase means depends on stress. Black lives matter would mean “Only black lives matter” but there is nothing, neither in the chants nor in the contexts it is used, which suggests saying it this way. Humanity’s capacity for language and reading allows us all to understand, implicitly, that it is generally a more straightforward statement with no stress, simply Black Lives Matter. This is a mere statement and the only way it can be interpreted, semantically, with this lack of stress, is that black lives matter without any reference whatsoever to white lives, in other words that black lives matter too since no one is under any doubt that white lives matter.

That’s exactly why the banner is so stupid. Who in their right mind would think that white lives don’t matter in our world/society? Semantically it means just as I’ve explained above, a simple statement with no reference to black people that is stating an obvious truth. But pragmatically (meaning as influenced by context), given how obvious this statement is, its similarity to BLM, and when it was stated, its meaning changes to a statement intended to rile up the BLM movement and show its disdain towards it.

Let’s take a football example to explain this difference. If, in a team meeting, Flick asks Coman “Can you play on the left?” everyone implicitly understands that this should be interpreted according to its semantic meaning. Coman would say yes, and Flick plans accordingly. On the other hand, if during a game when Coman is on the right wing, Flick goes up to him and says “Can you play on the left?” everyone implicitly understands that this should be interpreted pragmatically, and despite it being a yes/no question, Coman would reply “OK” instead of yes and move to the left.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 am

Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:06 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That’s exactly why the banner is so stupid. Who in their right mind would think that white lives don’t matter in our world/society?

it's just another excuse for white supremacists to mask their true intentions. [-X
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am

nm462272 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:That’s exactly why the banner is so stupid. Who in their right mind would think that white lives don’t matter in our world/society?

it's just another excuse for white supremacists to mask their true intentions. [-X

At best it’s being contrarian and utterly insensitive.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 am

nm462272 wrote:

Going off topic here but I forgot and wanted to ask: are you a German who lived in the US for some time and are now back in Germany, or an American who used to live in Germany in the past and are back there now?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:

Going off topic here but I forgot and wanted to ask: are you a German who lived in the US for some time and are now back in Germany, or an American who used to live in Germany in the past and are back there now?

the second one! born in NY, lived in Munich for a couple years in early 2010s, lived back in the US for 6 years, now hopefully in Germany to stay
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 am

Thanks for the American members for the explanation; was not aware on all those pts.
To certain extent Europe is not that rife although African migrants are generally abused by the business class .... at least here
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We are going ot. Thing is that I cannot understand this segregation in America.
Afro-Americans have been there from (almost) day one so how come this them and us syndrome? We are not talking about any other country here... like for instance mine or italy were the phenomenon of Africans is a modern one...
They are just another ordinary citizen not a migrant or an illegal one who just came a couple of months ago.
So please tell me how and why this is still happening in the U.S.?
I don't have the impression that this happens elsewhere?
This is satire right?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:So what ... not all lives matter ?
That should be the slogan....
But NO those who hijacked this grave issue want to divide even more to advance their agenda.

All lives matter ...

Don’t be a fucking idiot.

Also ... where were all these blm supporters last Sat.... when a Libyan went on a killing spree in a Reading park?
No one talked about it.... Cause the victims were not imp ... and it is normal and accepted nowadays ....

Where is the condemnation especially by all you who lean left or are on the now more trendy name of blm aka antifa side?
I honestly don’t know how you people do it... Must be some kind of swarm "intelligence" - yes, I put these quotes deliberately...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 am

LOL so the white lives matter banner was deemed racist!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: and the guy banned for life.
Him and his gf sacked from their job.

WTF is going on >? Is this a purge?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:LOL so the white lives matter banner was deemed racist!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: and the guy banned for life.
Him and his gf sacked from their job.

WTF is going on >? Is this a purge?

act like an asshole, get treated like one. =D>

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:22 am

IT IS NOT RACIST ........
Actually it is racism / discrimination on this man and his gf who had nothing to do,...

This is getting ridiculous by the minute ...

I am sure that the Cop will walk free while this man this happened to him.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 am

Please reread this thread if you're having trouble understanding why people find stuff like this banner offensive.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 am

ramsej84 wrote:IT IS NOT RACIST ........
Actually it is racism / discrimination on this man and his gf who had nothing to do,...

This is getting ridiculous by the minute ...

I am sure that the Cop will walk free while this man this happened to him.

Good. Now imagine random things like that happening to non-white people over hundreds of years.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am

His girlfriend was sacked for social media posts along the same lines as the banner, is what I read.

They both sound like complete scumbags and deserve all this shit. Sorry
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe