You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:05 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
aterford wrote:They're looking vulnerable lately, at least.

Yes they are. We are currently the best team in Europe. Hopefully the season keeps going this way for everyone, including us.

No, we’re not... But our chances are better than expected, even with a hole-y squad...

I said currently. Who exactly is better than us right now? Real Madrid with 1 win in their last 5 games? Man City dropping points left right and centre (although they are on the back of two good wins)? Liverpool who have suddenly started losing or really struggling and have been doing so for a month? Juventus in their worst season in some time with 2 wins in 5 games?

We are a different team since Flick took over. He lost two matches right at the beginning after the Kovac disaster but since then we have won every match in all competitions except for a 0-0 vs the second best team in Germany (who also beat last season’s CL finalists away). Except for Paderborn we won all of them very comfortably. We have a team that hasn’t scored as many goals since Pep. We have the best CL record of any team EVER by this stage in the CL.

Our squad is hole-y, like you said, and we’re not the best on paper, but at the moment, we almost certainly are. Will the season keep going this way for wveryo? Unlikely, but perhaps all we need is for it to keep going this way for us.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="aterford"]They're looking vulnerable lately, at least.

Yes they are. We are currently the best team in Europe. Hopefully the season keeps going this way for everyone, including us.

No, we’re not... But our chances are better than expected, even with a hole-y squad...

I said currently. Who exactly is better than us right now? Real Madrid with 1 win in their last 5 games? Man City dropping points left right and centre (although they are on the back of two good wins)? Liverpool who have suddenly started losing or really struggling and have been doing so for a month? Juventus in their worst season in some time with 2 wins in 5 games?

We are a different team since Flick took over. He lost two matches right at the beginning after the Kovac disaster but since then we have won every match in all competitions except for a 0-0 vs the second best team in Germany (who also beat last season’s CL finalists away). Except for Paderborn we won all of them very comfortably. We have a team that hasn’t scored as many goals since Pep. We have the best CL record of any team EVER by this stage in the CL.

Our squad is hole-y, like you said, and we’re not the best on paper, but at the moment, we almost certainly are. Will the season keep going this way for wveryo? Unlikely, but perhaps all we need is for it to keep going this way for us.[/quote]Man City won deservedly at Madrid, a feat we managed to achieve ONCE EVER...
Liverpool have a very small poor streak that‘ll end very soon... You mentioned Leipzig (and forgot our last Hoffenheim game for example) who also give us A LOT of trouble... Still think we need insane luck...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 pm

You mean winning or deserving to win? Because we deserved to win several times lately. You know damn right why we didn't, no need to repeat what was said over a hundred times before.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 pm

I did overlook the Hoffenheim game but tbh that was a case of sleeping and losing control of the game. We were 4-1 up with 10 minutes to go. Highly doubt that kind of thing would happen in the CL.

I did not watch the City-Real game except for the last 15 minutes so won’t comment too much. I’ve seen lots of people say they were much better. They still only managed to turn it around with a red card and a penalty in the last 10 minutes. Had we done that you would be going about how we needed luck and it doesn’t matter how dominant we were during the game because we missed countless chances. We deserved to win in Madrid several times, just didn’t because of highly controversial refereeing which you still deny for some reason.

We also shouldn’t ignore the fact that Real Madrid went into the game in terrible form. So when we score 7 away against last season’s CL finalists we get told they’re just terrible this season, which is true, but when a team beats the former best team in the world away while they are also in bad form, that’s somehow a magnificent achievement. Even if they were on form, Real Madrid is nowhere near as strong as they were in our last 3 encounters with them. It is like saying Frankfurt won convincingly vs Kovac’s Bayern which Barca failed to do in 2013.

Liverpool have been poor all month, even in the games they won. In any case what happens in the future is irrelevant to who is the best at this point in time, and it’s not even a given Liverpool will make it to the QFs in the first place (though I believe they will). They have shown themselves to be beatable. If we were to play against them with today’s form (with Lewandowski available, as he should be if we do face them), I am certain we would win.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm

MUTU wrote:You mean winning or deserving to win? Because we deserved to win several times lately. You know damn right why we didn't, no need to repeat what was said over a hundred times before.
Yeah I know... I just think YOU would still blame it all on the ref...
And definitely not several times...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I did overlook the Hoffenheim game but tbh that was a case of sleeping and losing control of the game. We were 4-1 up with 10 minutes to go. Highly doubt that kind of thing would happen in the CL.

I did not watch the City-Real game except for the last 15 minutes so won’t comment too much. I’ve seen lots of people say they were much better. They still only managed to turn it around with a red card and a penalty in the last 10 minutes. Had we done that you would be going about how we needed luck and it doesn’t matter how dominant we were during the game because we missed countless chances. We deserved to win in Madrid several times, just didn’t because of highly controversial refereeing which you still deny for some reason.

We also shouldn’t ignore the fact that Real Madrid went into the game in terrible form. So when we score 7 away against last season’s CL finalists we get told they’re just terrible this season, which is true, but when a team beats the former best team in the world away while they are also in bad form, that’s somehow a magnificent achievement. Even if they were on form, Real Madrid is nowhere near as strong as they were in our last 3 encounters with them. It is like saying Frankfurt won convincingly vs Kovac’s Bayern which Barca failed to do in 2013.

Liverpool have been poor all month, even in the games they won. In any case what happens in the future is irrelevant to who is the best at this point in time, and it’s not even a given Liverpool will make it to the QFs in the first place (though I believe they will). They have shown themselves to be beatable. If we were to play against them with today’s form (with Lewandowski available, as he should be if we do face them), I am certain we would win.

I‘m not denying refereeing (entirely), I just think that‘s not the reason we lost
And the majority of Germany-based Bayern fans do from what I can tell...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 pm

It certainly is in Carlo’s year (when we won by the exact same scoreline as City in regular time).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It certainly is in Carlo’s year (when we won by the exact same scoreline as City in regular time).
A game we were so shit in it hurts, and I still think the 1-2 was irregular but yeah, that’s one I could somehow agree... Don’t think we actually deserved to win that though...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:43 pm

I give up.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I give up.

Do you really think we played a good match in that one? We got to goals because they forgot scoring... Kinda like Leverkusen here a few months ago
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 pm

We didn't deserve winning any of our Madrid ties. Our attack was completely sterile. We were lucky to score the goals we did, and they were unlucky not to score more.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:We didn't deserve winning any of our Madrid ties. Our attack was completely sterile. We were lucky to score the goals we did, and they were unlucky not to score more.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

https://bit.ly/2VH7xsd :oops:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm

I dunno what the controversy is. Nobody's saying we're far and away the best team in the world over the course of the whole season nor that we will be by the end of the season...

I don't think it's that unreasonable to say though: if we played Liverpool tomorrow with a fit Lewandowski (hypothetically, of course)...I don't think it's a stretch to say that we'd be favorites in that match.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:47 pm

F.A Cup

Che v Liv

2- 0
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:11 pm

no chance of treble for liverpool now.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe