You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Are you watching the game?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Gooooooaaaaalll
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:KdB is a maestro... why , why did we lose our on him?
Because of your beloved board.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Gooooooaaaaaaallllll
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:43 pm

Double ... go wolves go wolves

Wow... on Sun Woves play Pool while surprise package Sheff utd play Man C
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:47 pm

Haha, the bitter loser is going to burnout and step down in the middle of the season if his team continues to drop points with Arab billionaires like this. :lol: :lol: :lol: He'll have to buy entire new team to heal stress. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the Premier League where no man can easily dominate in football as it's some video game, not even the best coaches in the world what history proved it dozens of times.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:53 am

Unbelievable how many points City are dropping. Is it Pep’s worst ever season already?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:07 am

Maybe the worst Hinrunde ever, but it remains to see whether it's gonna be the worst season overall. So far his team is going in that direction.

But if Guardiol'a team can win both English cups again, finish 2nd in the Premier League and reach at least CL quarterfinal, his season is still going to be very good. At least that's how I measure success after 2 years of winning domestic titles, specially 2 straight championships and Community Shields.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:54 am

City need a good CL run this year. At least semifinals.

Any other than that would be disappointing IMO

But if they finish 2nd in the league, reach the CL semis and win one or two cups that would be quite good
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:07 am

YlonenXabi wrote:City need a good CL run this year. At least semifinals.

Any other than that would be disappointing IMO

But if they finish 2nd in the league, reach the CL semis and win one or two cups that would be quite good

They have a tough test versus a UEFA favorite as well as resurgent R.Madrid side.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 am

Fénix wrote:Maybe the worst Hinrunde ever, but it remains to see whether it's gonna be the worst season overall. So far his team is going in that direction.

But if Guardiol'a team can win both English cups again, finish 2nd in the Premier League and reach at least CL quarterfinal, his season is still going to be very good. At least that's how I measure success after 2 years of winning domestic titles, specially 2 straight championships and Community Shields.

Of course trophies matter more than anything. I was referring more in terms of numbers.

They have 2 draws and 5 losses so far (19 dropped points). I did a quick search and Barca had 6 draws and 5 losses (27 dropped points) in his first season (still champions) and 7 draws and 3 losses in his final Barca season (23 dropped points).

In his second season here we had 4 draws and 5 losses (23 dropped points).

In his first season with City, 9 draws and 6 losses (36 points dropped).

In every other season Guardiola has dropped fewer points over the entire season than they have done so far this season. He is well on track for at least his second worst league season ever. I’d be very surprised if they drop more than 36 tbh. But it will almost certainly be the year he lost most matches.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:45 am

In the end, it's so simple; Manchester City need exactly the same thing what Liverpool did in Europe in the last 2 seasons.

Liverpool on the other hand... well, they need exactly the same thing what Blackburn and Leicester did in 1995 and 2016 - win their first Premier League title. :lol: Simply to remove that Loserfull status after 30 years and maybe become Winnerpool in the future. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm

This defeat is harsh on Arteta. I always knew Leno was a mediocre goalkeeper. He’s a good shot stopper and can make 10 saves a game but he also has this potential to make criminal mistakes that directly lead to goals.

Also English referees have to be the worst in the Top 5 European leagues (followed closely by German referees) Jorginho should’ve seen a second yellow way before that equalizer. If that referee does his job properly then Arsenal would’ve won.

There should be fines, bans and demotions for referees. They seem to get away with errors that would see anyone else in any other normal job get fired.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Chelsea's luck seems to be back ... at the wrong time
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:51 am

Just saw highlights of that Liverpool-Wolverhampton match and that offside VAR call was just ridiculous. The offside law was made to ensure that strikers don’t hangout next to the goalkeeper looking for a long ball and then just beat the keeper 1 on 1 and score. Looking at centimeters is not what this rule was made for. Nuno Santos criticized the decision and rightly so because any team/fan base would be furious if that offside decision went against them.

VAR must be brought in to rectify howlers, such as Ronaldo’s blatant offside in that second leg QF against Bayern in 2017 or Marcelos’ handball not given against Bayern in the second leg of the semifinal in 2018. When you’re looking at centimeters then that’s IMO messed up and the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe